Home

Watch your slider settings!

This is a discussion on Watch your slider settings! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20
Watch your slider settings!

This is probably common knowledge but I had the perfect set of sliders (for me), the CPU ran the ball well, they were passing in the 50-60% range and I had no issues on my side of the ball.

Well one day I was reading something here and it made me wonder if anyone had ever tried the Rookie settings, perhaps they were really All-Madden or something. So, I set everything to Rookie and played for about 5 minutes and naturally I scored 21 points in about 3 game time minutes.

Now to my point, when I went back to custom settings and then played a game , everything was harder. I couldn't run at all, the CPU couldn't run but I just figured it was one of those games. I decided to tweak a few settings in my next game and discovered that even though I was on custom, all of the sub sliders had changed to a default setting (ie. They were all 40 or whatever they were).

I'm not sure if this happens even if you just scroll through Rookie, Pro..etc or if you actually have to play a game.

But just watch your settings. (all of that just to say that LOL)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Watch your slider settings!

First of all, that's why I always right down my sliders every year, then if I make any changes I make note of those as well. Secondly, all you would have had to do, if you couldn't remember how you had them, was exit the game and reload. The sliders would have been back, that is if you had saved your Profile with them of course.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

this happens because u may have accidentally tweaked the sliders on the controller/team select screen right before the game starts (the part where it gives you how many replays you get in the game)

so be careful because if u accidentally tweak one of them, it will revert back to default (meaning your detailed sliders within THAT certain slider will go back to say 40,40,40)

UFC Undisputed Record: 0 - 0
Old 09-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
First of all, that's why I always right down my sliders every year, then if I make any changes I make note of those as well. Secondly, all you would have had to do, if you couldn't remember how you had them, was exit the game and reload. The sliders would have been back, that is if you had saved your Profile with them of course.
That is just it, I save after every game I play for stat reasons. I normally only play one game per session , so they were already changed the next time I played.

And thanks emarcee, I'll be careful there too. That could also be what happened.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67
That is just it, I save after every game I play for stat reasons. I normally only play one game per session , so they were already changed the next time I played.

And thanks emarcee, I'll be careful there too. That could also be what happened.

See if i'm getting this straight. You had your sliders adjusted and had your Profile saved, you then went to Rookie and played a few minutes, exited the game, went back into options, moved difficulty back to Custom, played a game, and then saved your Profile. If that's correct, that is why you lost your adjustments. Whenever you initially set the difficulty to Custom all of the sliders are at a Default setting, All-Pro I think, maybe Pro. So you see, when you moved from Custom to Rookie, exited the options, played a game (or part of a game), that is why your adjusted sliders defaulted back. You shouldn't have saved your Profile after doing the Rookie test, you should have exited game and reloaded and you would have not lost your adjustments.

I hate that you lost your adjustments that you liked, but as i said, that's why it's a good idea to write them down. I had my sliders adjusted where the games were playing near perfect for me as far as stats go, pre-patch, but i'm having to make a few changes post-patch. Almost have them done. I need to play a few more games against various teams to make sure they're right. I'm not setting them so I can run and pass against everybody, nor am I adjusting them so I can stop the run and stop the pass of every other team. I can run against weak run d, pass against weak pass d, stop poor running teams for low yardage, and hold poor passing teams to low yardage and percentages. It's also working out so that in any given game I may still win or lose, just depends on how well I playcall and execute. I don't always win just because I should beat that team and I don't always lose just because I should lose to that team. That's how my sliders were working pre-patch, but as I said, post-patch i've had to make adjustments to them and I think i'm almost there. I'll probably post them on here once i'm satisfied and maybe you could give them a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »