Home

Adjustable Sliders w/ a twist

This is a discussion on Adjustable Sliders w/ a twist within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Adjustable Sliders w/ a twist

I have been trying to come up w/ a set of sliders to make the best possible sim experience. The main problem for me I found is lack of impact the ratings of teams have while playing, and universal sliders don't account for that. It was possible to make the games more realistic, it still felt as if all computer opponents played the same. I think sliders (the ones we have anyways) are essential, but I also wanted better teams to be harder and vice versa (since I feel we received little help in the way ratings actually affect gameplay).

I came up with this idea, and it seems to work for me. I realize there are a wide range of skill players, so I don't mean for my slider numbers to work for everyone, but rather the idea I came up with may, as you can tweak the actual numbers to your skill. Getting long winded..so here is what I have been doing:

I have an adjustable slider rating based on the team rating for your computer opponent. The CPU's team defense rating affects your passing and rushing sliders and the CPU's team offense rating affects your pass and rush defense sliders. Finally home and away games also affects sliders.

(I will tell you up front that it is a little extra work, as you have to punch in the sliders before each game, but if you print out the chart and have it handy it only takes a second and well worth it in my opinion).

The best way to explain it i think is with examples...

Example 1 (cpu team off - 92 / team def - 90)
Qb Acc- 5
Pss Blk - 80
Wr Ctc - 5
Brk tack - 19
run blk - 25
fum - 15

Rect tim - 30
int - 19
pas rsh - 35
rect tm - 8
blk shd - 12
tack - 13

Example 2(cpu team off- 88 / team def - 87)
qb acc - 20
pss blk - 90
wr ctc - 20
brk tck - 30
rn blk - 45
fum - 20

rect tim - 60
int - 27
pas rsh - 55
rect tm - 13
blk shd - 23
tack - 20

(If it is a comp. home game I add 1 to both their off. rating and def rating, if it is my home game I subtract one. Just another way to make it feel more realistic, as home games are huge in the nfl, and that accounts for a 2 point swing in the sliders)

Hopefully that makes sense, it will probably become easier to understand when you look at the attached chart that I use. Remember, you can change the actual numbers to whatever you like, these are just the ones I found to work best for me.

I understand it's not the easiest or perfect solution, however, this is the only madden we have til next year and I was desperate to try anything to make it the best simulation in the mean time.

Sorry this post was so lengthy, wanted to make sure i got my point across, but found it hard to do in a small space. Hopefully this will help make someones madden experience better, I know I have found many posts on this forum invaluable, and I thought I'd share some info this time.

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: doc maaden09adjslider.doc (111.5 KB, 45 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Adjustable Sliders w/ a twist

Good idea! We used a similar chart back in 1995? @Football-freaks.com
A group of guys tested everything(we would play games and give back results).

Will try this out ....playing NBA 2K9 now.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Adjustable Sliders w/ a twist

will this work for madden 08?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »