Home

Team Sliders - WEEK 16 Update

This is a discussion on Team Sliders - WEEK 16 Update within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Team Sliders - WEEK 16 Update

Here are the updated sliders thru this week of the NFL Season.

- I only play No-Switch on Defense, I pick 1 player each play and follow his assignment with no switching players during the play.

- I use Madden to call my plays on both offense and defense, but I allow myself to pick from any of the 4 plays he picks. But I do make my own decisions on 4th down, because of his idiotic way of wanting you to punt when you are in field goal range.

** Here is the big one, this is the way to use these. You only enter the sliders in for the team you are playing. So if you are using the Jets (Human) aganist the Titans (CPU) you enter in the sliders that are on the sheet for the Titans. Believe me guys this works. **
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden NFL 09 Team Sliders - WEEK 16.zip (8.9 KB, 143 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Team Sliders - WEEK 16 Update

I honestly thought that "My Skill" was the way to go, but I was wrong. I just had my second great game in a row, this time I was playing the Steelers.

Incredibly defensive game which I lost 9-14. Neither the CPU nor myself could get anything going on offense. I had to work hard for every yard but nothing seemed to work for me. I lost this game because of bad play calling from my side. I didn't see the dreaded Robo QB a single time in this game, which amazed me.

Truly an amazing job on these sliders Dan. I only started playing Madden again a two days ago after it was collecting dust for a few months since it just wasn't fun for me anymore. If all games will be like the two I've had, I'll be playing Madden a lot more!

Last edited by Nightfly; 12-24-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

What are the settings you use for these sliders? Penalties, spec. teams, sub sliders, etc.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

And what do keep your sliders at for each game?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #5
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everYoung
And what do keep your sliders at for each game?

The sliders change every game based on what team your playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2008, 02:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Changing the sliders for every game is a bit of a hassle. Since you can't change them while in Franchise mode.

But I have to say, it's well worth it! I keep on having really good games!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfly
Changing the sliders for every game is a bit of a hassle. Since you can't change them while in Franchise mode.

But I have to say, it's well worth it! I keep on having really good games!
You CAN change them in Franchise mode. I did it last night.

The only part that concerns me about the sliders, and maybe Dan can explain this, is the fact that if I set the sliders based on who I'm playing, it makes sense for the offensive sliders, but not the defensive sliders.

If I'm Baltimore (allowing 78 ypg rushing) and I'm playing Seattle, for rush defense, it seems that my reaction time should be a lot higher than 10, block shedding higher than 6, and tackling higher than 2.

The offensive slider settings seem to be based on the defensive stats of the team you are playing. Makes sense. However, shouldn't the defensive sliders be based on the team I'm using?

Thanks fellas. Merry XMAS!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
You CAN change them in Franchise mode. I did it last night.

The only part that concerns me about the sliders, and maybe Dan can explain this, is the fact that if I set the sliders based on who I'm playing, it makes sense for the offensive sliders, but not the defensive sliders.

If I'm Baltimore (allowing 78 ypg rushing) and I'm playing Seattle, for rush defense, it seems that my reaction time should be a lot higher than 10, block shedding higher than 6, and tackling higher than 2.

The offensive slider settings seem to be based on the defensive stats of the team you are playing. Makes sense. However, shouldn't the defensive sliders be based on the team I'm using?

Thanks fellas. Merry XMAS!
The only way to make this work this year since we only have 1 set of sliders, is to do it the way I have it now. Defensive stats effect the Offensive sliders and Offensive stats effect the Defensive Sliders.

The Rush Defense sliders which are Reaction Time, Block Shedding and Tackling only have a slider range of 0-20. Because if we have these sliders over 20 then the CPU has no chance to run the ball, I've done alot of testing on what the slider ranges should be at for each slider. So the numbers might not look right but once you play with the sliders you will see the difference if you are the Ravens aganist the Seahawks versus playing aganist the Giants. The Giants will tear you up no matter whom you are playing with since they are set at 0-0-10. But Seattle at 10-6-2 will have some success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »