Home

xbox 360 SLIDERS NEAR OF PERFECTION(i think)

This is a discussion on xbox 360 SLIDERS NEAR OF PERFECTION(i think) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: xbox 360 SLIDERS NEAR OF PERFECTION(i think)

franchise options
rivalry games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #26
Banned

MY LAST GAME STATS

MIAMI (ME) VS ARIZONA(CPU) 27 - 17

TOTAL OFF 309-327
RUSH 103-194
PASS 206-133
3RD DOWN 7-12 3-9
PLAYS 60-58

PENNINGTON 96.2 233YDS 1TD 1INT 24-30
WARNER 28.5 139YDS 0TD 3INT 16-29

BROWN 67YDS 16 ATT 4.1
WILLIAMS 34YDS 8ATT 4.2 1TD

JAMES 183YDS 25ATT 7.3 2TD

GINN 7REC 81YDS
HAGAN 4REC 44YDS
FASANO 4REC 39YDS 1TD

DOUCET 5REC 52YDS
FITZGERALD 5REC 51YDS

BELL 11TACK 1INT
PORTER 6TACK 1SACK
CROWDER 6TACK
ALLEN 4TACK 2INT

DANSBY 9TACK
GREEN 8TACK
WILSON 8TACK
OKEAFOR 6TACK 1SACK
BERRY 3TACK 1SACK
Old 01-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #27
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

dude, I've been trying out these sliders and while they are really close, I still cant get any kind of a running game going, the blocking is just so horrible even at 65 that they either wiff or just miss all together. I've bumped it up to 75 but then I just run outside for 60 to 80 yard td runs every other play, I'm about to give up.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 AM   #28
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56
dude, I've been trying out these sliders and while they are really close, I still cant get any kind of a running game going, the blocking is just so horrible even at 65 that they either wiff or just miss all together. I've bumped it up to 75 but then I just run outside for 60 to 80 yard td runs every other play, I'm about to give up.
I had the same problem as well,until I figured out what the problem was.
Pooh's sliders are very good overall,but I did find a couple of things that could've been a little different.
The first is....break block is (imo) set to low,where he has blocking feels damn near perfect,but with break block so low,you'll very rarely break out of blocks that you should.

This leads to the frustration in the running game...but be careful,set to high and you'll unrealistically break TO many blocks.
The other change I've made,is to the int slider. It several tests I've done,this is tied into the reaction as well. If you notice,with it set at to low a #,the cpu qb will pick you apart...BUT,set higher,the cpu seems more selective in their throws,resulting in holding the ball longer,which in turn leads to sacks.

I'm in no way bashing Pooh's sliders,I feel he has done an outstanding job with these,I only offer my experiences as to what I've witnessed with various adjustments.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #29
Banned

with 35break block 65run block rush sliders,the problem for me is my fullback.in 3rd and short,always run for 4-8 yards.the cpu can't stop me.
with 60run block sometimes loss yards and now i'm force to use another play.
i still run 60-120yds with my running back with long plays (less often) but my run avg is 3.5 to 4.5 per game.
ok,less break blocks but the gameplay sre more realistic for me.

(sorry for my english,i can't find the correct words,i'm european player)
Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #30
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOH
with 35break block 65run block rush sliders,the problem for me is my fullback.in 3rd and short,always run for 4-8 yards.the cpu can't stop me.
with 60run block sometimes loss yards and now i'm force to use another play.
i still run 60-120yds with my running back with long plays (less often) but my run avg is 3.5 to 4.5 per game.
ok,less break blocks but the gameplay sre more realistic for me.

(sorry for my english,i can't find the correct words,i'm european player)
Again,not bashing your work or anything,just trying to give insight as to what I've witnessed.
Imo,I would say that if you're getting those #'s with the fb,then that would be due to blocking being set to high.
If a reasonable balance can be struck,going with the fb up the gut SHOULD result in having to fight hard for those extra yards.

In reference to what I mentioned last night,with the break block slider to low,you won't see alot of gang tackling because in most cases the first guy to the tackle will make it.....that's why I feel to get more of a realistic running game,break block has to be a little higher...this opens up more gang tackling opportunities from the cpu,and also more second chance tackles.

Hey bro...don't worry about your english,it's all good. Like I was saying...you've done a great job with these.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #31
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I had the same problem as well,until I figured out what the problem was.
Pooh's sliders are very good overall,but I did find a couple of things that could've been a little different.
The first is....break block is (imo) set to low,where he has blocking feels damn near perfect,but with break block so low,you'll very rarely break out of blocks that you should.

This leads to the frustration in the running game...but be careful,set to high and you'll unrealistically break TO many blocks.
The other change I've made,is to the int slider. It several tests I've done,this is tied into the reaction as well. If you notice,with it set at to low a #,the cpu qb will pick you apart...BUT,set higher,the cpu seems more selective in their throws,resulting in holding the ball longer,which in turn leads to sacks.

I'm in no way bashing Pooh's sliders,I feel he has done an outstanding job with these,I only offer my experiences as to what I've witnessed with various adjustments.
hey just would like to know what you changed or would recommend to make these sliders even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #32
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey Cowher, I went back to c if u had any sliders posted without success. I 2 would be interested in the adjustements u made, with no disrespect ot Pooh of course, like I said before, I like these sliders for the most part and they are very close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »