Home

Sliders (by Nut Weasel)

This is a discussion on Sliders (by Nut Weasel) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sliders (by Nut Weasel)

where the hell does it let you adjust kick strength?

I cannot find that at all. and why isn't there a way to get these specific skill settings from the main menu of the game in a franchise?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

^ Special Teams settings bro
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 AM   #11
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Alright, I just used these sliders, and they're a little easy to me. Way too many big plays! I was only able to play the first half, but still it was a blowout with a ton of big plays.

The game was Eagles (me) vs. Chargers. I used your sliders, with 13 minute quarters and 20 second runoff.

Here are my first half stats:

McNabb 13/26 274 yds 3 TD's and 50% completion 0 ints.
Rivers 8/18 164 yds 1 TD and 44% completion 3 ints.

Most of the big plays came courtesy of the running backs...

Westbrook 14 carries 154 yds 3 TD's...he had 2 runs of 20+ yards (including a 73 yarder)

Tomlinson went 5 carries for 84 yds 1 TD....he took a 61 yarder to the house.

The Eagles receivers all had big time numbers against the Chargers D:

J. Maclin 2 recs 76 yards ....caught a 53 yarder
Westbrook 4 recs 44 yards....he took a 33 yarder to the house
B. Celek 2 recs 72 yards....he had 57 yard touchdown run.
Tomlinson 2 recs 95 yards....he caught a screen pass and went 75 yards....

I guess by now you get my point. There's just wayyy too many big plays in one half of play. Oh and the score? 48-20

I also was able to put a lot of pressure on Rivers forcing him to make 3 horrible throws for interceptions. On the other hand, the Chargers D was pretty much contained by the Eagles O-line. Even when they blitzed, they could never reach home.

Furthermore, the passing never really felt difficult (being that it's All-Madden level and all). I was able to complete most of my passes, and the incomplete ones were either inaccurate throws, or just batted down. The running game was also pretty easy. I was able to consistently gain positive yardage on almost every carry.

I guess I gotta keep looking, cuz these sliders are just way too easy for my taste. Thanks anyways Bill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Alright, I just used these sliders, and they're a little easy to me. Way too many big plays! I was only able to play the first half, but still it was a blowout with a ton of big plays.

The game was Eagles (me) vs. Chargers. I used your sliders, with 13 minute quarters and 20 second runoff.

Here are my first half stats:

McNabb 13/26 274 yds 3 TD's and 50% completion 0 ints.
Rivers 8/18 164 yds 1 TD and 44% completion 3 ints.

Most of the big plays came courtesy of the running backs...

Westbrook 14 carries 154 yds 3 TD's...he had 2 runs of 20+ yards (including a 73 yarder)

Tomlinson went 5 carries for 84 yds 1 TD....he took a 61 yarder to the house.

The Eagles receivers all had big time numbers against the Chargers D:

J. Maclin 2 recs 76 yards ....caught a 53 yarder
Westbrook 4 recs 44 yards....he took a 33 yarder to the house
B. Celek 2 recs 72 yards....he had 57 yard touchdown run.
Tomlinson 2 recs 95 yards....he caught a screen pass and went 75 yards....

I guess by now you get my point. There's just wayyy too many big plays in one half of play. Oh and the score? 48-20

I also was able to put a lot of pressure on Rivers forcing him to make 3 horrible throws for interceptions. On the other hand, the Chargers D was pretty much contained by the Eagles O-line. Even when they blitzed, they could never reach home.

Furthermore, the passing never really felt difficult (being that it's All-Madden level and all). I was able to complete most of my passes, and the incomplete ones were either inaccurate throws, or just batted down. The running game was also pretty easy. I was able to consistently gain positive yardage on almost every carry.

I guess I gotta keep looking, cuz these sliders are just way too easy for my taste. Thanks anyways Bill.
Use the sliders against dallas.

I lit up the chargers as well.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Bill states in his blog that the real gem with Madden this year is that you can play the same team 5 X and get completely different games each time you play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »