Home

Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #25
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MySkill Talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Does using the Madden IQ test necessary to get My Skill to work properly? I never used the Madden IQ & went straight to My Skill & have had some great games so far(8 games 5/3) Yesterday I played the Broncs in Denver & basically dominated them.

It was my 1st dominating game. What bothered me was the AI didn't really adjust to what I was doing. Do I need to take the Madden IQ in order to get the AI to adjust or is it not necessary
Play on My skill and it will get better/worse depending on your games.
I belive its better just to start out playing Myskill, like you said. W/o the IQ test b/c the IQ test doesn't really simulate a real game imo.

I think I will just come out playing MY SKill and playing against the same team to get it just about equal on both sides.
This is going to be a night of testing for me. It worked in 09 for me. Its just 09 got stupid after 1 season b/c the announcers would quote 4,000 yds passing for Campbell during the pre-season, and he had that the season before, dum things like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 9

I wouldn't use the IQ test....just get ENOUGH Games for the mySkill to level out.

I now completed 3 Games in Franchise on mySkill and saw pretty good results.

The sliders itself are quite off by now, but it's only have been 3 Games so far.....what I am very happy about, is that mySkill adjusted the right things.

I wrote down all stats from these Games and will post them tomorrow after I played the 4th. game.

So far, I can confirm that mySkill really pushes things into the right direction...it just needs time as Games are very different from each other so far.

AND the second thing I can confirm (I know it was already answered, but I expect this question to pop up again) that mySkill only adjusts the Player Sliders. You can still change the CPU slider!

Have to sleep now...at least a few hours before work starts again.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #27
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
I wouldn't use the IQ test....just get ENOUGH Games for the mySkill to level out.

I now completed 3 Games in Franchise on mySkill and saw pretty good results.

The sliders itself are quite off by now, but it's only have been 3 Games so far.....what I am very happy about, is that mySkill adjusted the right things.

I wrote down all stats from these Games and will post them tomorrow after I played the 4th. game.

So far, I can confirm that mySkill really pushes things into the right direction...it just needs time as Games are very different from each other so far.

AND the second thing I can confirm (I know it was already answered, but I expect this question to pop up again) that mySkill only adjusts the Player Sliders. You can still change the CPU slider!

Have to sleep now...at least a few hours before work starts again.
I would love to see ALL STATS, even penalties. It should be nice to see how good D play vs. a sorry D like the Lions.
Thats why I want to get it just right, so I can enjoy losing w/o feeling cheated by the A.I. boosting after I win 10 gms in row, like what happened in M09.
The A.I. eventually got to a peak and started to seem really perfect, then it got silly b/c of small things like my Run D being 1st all season, so they make every back crazy at break tackles to be able to run on me, not cool. I wanna get this done before I get into a Chise.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #28
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
If your going to run the 15 min, try 25 sec or maybe a higher run off, I run 12 with 15 with realistic stats.

Also on All-Madden straight out the box, the CPU was away to accurate, their running suck and my running avg like almost 8-9 yrds a carry.

What about yours?
im playing on pro and i notice depending on the teams it can lead into a blowout or it can be a close game. i def want to do the 15 mins cuz im trying to be like the real nfl. i think i got it on 25 sec now. too bad you cant get realstic stats with 15 mins, or could you?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #29
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

Im currently trying myskill but not sure how I feel about it. For example I was using the skins in a franchise and I was playing the chiefs and Portis ran all over them for 156 and 3tds...so the next game I play vs the Eagles...my skill level for rushing is a 19...and that means run blocking, fumbles, and break block are all set to 5! I ended that game with 23 carries for 68 yards and 3 fumbles....Now im not saying I should get 100 yards rushing every single game as that is not realistic but it just felt cheap...every snap my line was basically letting them go right by and hitting portis in the backfield...and because break block was at 5...Portis was gettin nailed by tiny lil cornerbacks like it was Ray Lewis hitting him.....I just wish myskill would adjust the CPU sliders and not just dummy down the user sliders..I know that it sounds the same but to me it would feel better, maybe its just in my head lol.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #30
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
Im currently trying myskill but not sure how I feel about it. For example I was using the skins in a franchise and I was playing the chiefs and Portis ran all over them for 156 and 3tds...so the next game I play vs the Eagles...my skill level for rushing is a 19...and that means run blocking, fumbles, and break block are all set to 5! I ended that game with 23 carries for 68 yards and 3 fumbles....Now im not saying I should get 100 yards rushing every single game as that is not realistic but it just felt cheap...every snap my line was basically letting them go right by and hitting portis in the backfield...and because break block was at 5...Portis was gettin nailed by tiny lil cornerbacks like it was Ray Lewis hitting him.....I just wish myskill would adjust the CPU sliders and not just dummy down the user sliders..I know that it sounds the same but to me it would feel better, maybe its just in my head lol.
What was your IQ at going into the Chiefs game?

That is maybe were the running should be at for the hum and Cpu.
Thats why posting stats and info is the only way we know what really works and what doesn't.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:18 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 38

yep I could even tell in the demo its was for me .
If I play good I can win which it what I like no cheat !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:39 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'll probably be using My Skill a bunch, so I'll definitely frequent this thread. What I'll likely be using is a hybrid of CPU slider tweaks and the automatic My Skill adjustments. I'll run some CPU only games to get a sense of how well the CPU plays, and then after I'm satisfied with that I'll just let My Skill do its thing for the user side.

I'm already latching onto a couple things that need tweaking in the CPU department - Pass rushing pressure (everyone knows that), INT's (typical) and broken tackles by the RB's. As far as broken tackles go, I think that will cut down on the Pro-Tak debacles where 3-4 man tackles get broken. The challenge will be finding a balance where the RB's won't break several tackles constantly, but will actually gain yardage and not just get stopped behind the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »