Home

Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Game Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
I'm playing 15 minute quarters with acc. clock 20 second run off.

Game speed is slow, so should I put the speed threshold above 50 or below it a tad bit??
I play with the exact same time settings, and now I am back to slow again, lol. (Very Slow was too easy for me.) I am using 50 for the threshold, and getting good results. Interested in what Playmaker comes up with though.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I tried the test with Heller (with Garret's play - great suggestion!), and it just showed me even more why I like this setting. At 100 threshold, Heller, a 60 SPD TE, was five yards behind Calvin Johnson when he hit the 40 yard line. Then I turned it to 50, and the difference started really showing up - 8 yards. This is what I would call WIDE open. Then to threshold 0 - Heller was not even to the 30 by the time CJ was at the 40 - just over 10 yards.

Here's my problem with the threshold below 50 - even for the big guys, NO ONE in the NFL runs that slow, and if they did, they wouldn't be in the NFL for long. There would be big plays galore if the real thing was like that. Keeping the speed of the players at least in the same ballpark reduces those "break free" types of plays and keeps scores down over a full-length game. Rest assured even players of similar speed can still get open on each other, whether because of the defender reacting slow, better agility/acceleration from the WR, or even fatigue (THANK GOODNESS it works this year!)

That's how I feel about it. Like I said, this is a personal preference thing, and if you play shorter quarters, you might want to get more speed separation using this slider. Less time = less chances of a big play, so a tweak there could provide better (more exciting) gameplay in that situation. To be honest, I think the default of 50 is perfect for Madden's default time settings. But it doesn't cut it for a longer game.

Sorry for the long, rambling post.
hey bcruise, thanks for the insight. i usually play 5 minute quarters with 15 second runoff (acc clock)

im on the default setting ( normal speed). will the gameplay be better if i just lower the speed to slow or super slow.

also what speed threshhold do you suggest for slow and super slow.

i am interested to changing the speed because of the animations that people have been raving about.

is it that big a difference?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
hey bcruise, thanks for the insight. i usually play 5 minute quarters with 15 second runoff (acc clock)

im on the default setting ( normal speed). will the gameplay be better if i just lower the speed to slow or super slow.

also what speed threshhold do you suggest for slow and super slow.

i am interested to changing the speed because of the animations that people have been raving about.

is it that big a difference?
Personally I like slow because the speed just feels right to me. I don't have any proven way of saying it's the most realistic, I just think Normal is too much like Madden Rocketball and Very Slow is too lethargic. Slow speed is the Goldilocks zone for me, coupled with the threshold slider up to 100 to make up for the running speed of slower players.

I don't really have a suggestion for any other speed setting as Slow is the only one I've really tested the threshold slider on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #52
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by amboyboy
Is anyone playing ncaa at the same time as madden? with the speed of that game, it's tough to play madden at slow for me. I've been doing normal...

i have too but the pass rush is crazy on normal i got sacked like 7 times by KC
Old 08-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Personally I like slow because the speed just feels right to me. I don't have any proven way of saying it's the most realistic, I just think Normal is too much like Madden Rocketball and Very Slow is too lethargic. Slow speed is the Goldilocks zone for me, coupled with the threshold slider up to 100 to make up for the running speed of slower players.

I don't really have a suggestion for any other speed setting as Slow is the only one I've really tested the threshold slider on.
thanks , i am going to try this later.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

just messed around with slow/threshold 100 at the end of agame i was getting killed in, and i really liked it.. gonna try it again

are you able to get good pressure on the q.b?

biggest franchise flaw so far, where late round rookies, rated 80-82 are free agents, and at the top of their position..

possible flaw, transferring the ball gets the computer angle screwed up..

Big thanks to Ian and crew for a truly great football experience
Old 08-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 8

Not sure if this has been asked already im on my phone so I don't wanna search high and low but does speed threshold make the faster players faster or does it just slow down the slower players I haven't had time to test myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #56
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavis781
Not sure if this has been asked already im on my phone so I don't wanna search high and low but does speed threshold make the faster players faster or does it just slow down the slower players I haven't had time to test myself
Lowering it increases the speed difference, raising it decreases the speed difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »