Home

G2thecore's custom sliders

This is a discussion on G2thecore's custom sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #41
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: G2thecore's custom sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vero Viper
For anybody that is using these, are you consistently losing some games? I'm looking for sliders that are balanced between realism/challenge. Would you consider the difficulty with these sliders closer to All Pro or All Madden level? Thanks for your work on these sliders.
I've actually lost 2 games since I've had these sliders, and I've had 2 games that went to OT.

I'd say they're a little higher than All Pro, but much easier than All Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #42
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Nice sliders. With the catch slider at 35, are you guys seeing a lot of dropped passes, or is it just me?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #43
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Nice sliders. With the catch slider at 35, are you guys seeing a lot of dropped passes, or is it just me?
Yup...especially with my Eagles receiving corps. lol....I'm gonna raise it to 40.

Can you post your stats please? I'd like to compare. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #44
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Yup...especially with my Eagles receiving corps. lol....I'm gonna raise it to 40.

Can you post your stats please? I'd like to compare. Thanks.
Waddup G2thecore, can you tell me how your pancake numbers look for your Offensive Lineman?....Resaon being is, thats a ket stat to help build the ratings for offensive lineman and Pro Bowl votes. thanks homie
Old 08-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #45
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Waddup G2thecore, can you tell me how your pancake numbers look for your Offensive Lineman?....Resaon being is, thats a ket stat to help build the ratings for offensive lineman and Pro Bowl votes. thanks homie
No doubt, I'll check that out later on tonight. I'm at work right now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #46
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
No doubt, I'll check that out later on tonight. I'm at work right now..
good looking out.....thanks homie
Old 08-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Before I say anything else, I'm not having a go at you G2thecore, I'm just posting my opinion on your sliders

Now, I wouldn't say I'm an amazing Madden player (I had 08 and 09 and played those a fair bit), somewhere between All-Pro and All-Madden but for the past five matches or so with your new sliders, it hasn't been much of a challenge.
Before I post up the stats of my match against the Chargers in the division playoffs, I firstly want to post some stats of the Chargers that they posted in the regular season (me being the Colts, I didn't play them once before this game so their stats are based solely on the CPU ratings, I didn't impact them in any way):

Passing yards allowed: 3064 (10th in league)
Rushing yards allowed: 1241 (7th in league)
Rivers: 101.1; 4076 yrds; 41 TD; 11 INT; 63%; 7.2 YPA; 254.7 YPG
LT: 940 yrds; 3 TD; 305 Atts; 3.2 YPC; 61.8 YPG

Now onto the game itself:

Chargers (CPU) 23 - Colts (Me) 87

Total Offense: Chargers - 368; Colts - 640
Rushing: Chargers - 74; Colts - 176
Passing: Chargers - 294; Colts - 464

Manning: 146.0; 31/39; 79%; 472yrds; 7 TD; 1 INT; 12.1 Avg
Rivers: 53.3; 23/44; 52%; 281yrds; 0 TD; 2 INT; 6.3 Avg
Addai (85 overall): 12 Atts; 174 yrds; 14.5 Avg; 2 TD
LT (94 Overall): 16 Atts; 72 yrds; 4.5 Avg; 2 TD

Now bearing in mind that there were approximately 115-120 plays which is just about average, this scoreline and the stats achieved are obviously quite skewered towards the unrealistic.

I'm not too fussed about the stats Rivers and LT posted because if you compare them with their stats in the regular season, they are fairly similar; Rivers and LT actually posted yrds above their season average which is fine because the Colts defense is only rated as a 1/3 for pass defense and 2/3 for rush defense.

However the problem lies in the stats I got for Manning and Addai. I know Manning is amazing in real life but 472 yrds in only 39 attempts, against the Chargers pass defense which came 10th in the league (in my franchise) is way too much. Also, Addai is only an 85 overall but got 174 yrds off only 12 carries against a Chargers rush defense which ranked 7th in the league (again in my franchise); I would only expect that from the likes of Peterson and even then those stats are still a little too unrealistic.

Thus I believe the problem lies in the sliders for CPU pass/rush defense. For now I think the sliders for human pass/rush offense is okay; accuracy seems okay (having said that, I am using Manning), I've seen a fair number of dropped catches and the Colts OLine is good at pass protection.

Soon I think you guys who use these sliders will reach the point I'm at where it's not a challenge so I would recommend increasing CPU Pass Defense Reaction Time to 40, CPU Rush Defense Reaction Time to 35, or maybe higher for both. I also recommend that something be done about the CPU rushing game because I've been able to stop Thomas Jones and Leon Washington fairly easily in a game against the Jets as well as other decent RBs. I would probably recommend decreasing Human Rush Defense Tackling to 35 and see how that works out.

Again, I'm not saying your sliders are crap, just offering my observations and recommendations

Last edited by Nuggie; 08-14-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #48
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

Cool thanks...Well that's the beauty of sliders, it's a matter of skill and preference. For me, these are challenging. I haven't been able to blow out the CPU the way you do. The highest scoring game I've had was 34-17 against Chicago. And it was only that high because they were desperate and the end, and threw 2 picks.

It also matters how you run your team as well. I'm a conservative dude on offense, so I'm not one to air it out every game. I would say adjust it to your liking, that's the great thing about sliders. I appreciate the feedback though. Thanks for trying it out.

Last edited by g2thecore; 08-14-2009 at 05:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »