Home

pd reaction & min.threshold slider turned to zero....

This is a discussion on pd reaction & min.threshold slider turned to zero.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
pd reaction & min.threshold slider turned to zero....

..(IME)makes a nice change. the things i have noticed with these slider settings are.

- the WR gets proper seperation from defenders on his pass routes and keeps it. no more unrealistic route jumping from the AI. the AI will only jump a route if he is in proper position.
-i have only seen AI pass deflections if the AI called the right play and was in proper position.
- i was able to dump passes behind defenders without them turning on a dime to get into position.

the game feels really good with these sliders turned down to zero, giving it more realistic feel in regards to route running and pass coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: pd reaction & min.threshold slider turned to zero....

i agree i'm playing on gameplay very slow with threshold at 0 and i'm using holycrap's sliders with some minor tweaks and i'm getting some VERY good games.

i'm using tha vikes and u can really see tha difference between my 2 stud DT's and my DE's.
Tha williams boyz cause all kind of havoc in tha backfield(like they should). Also it looks really nice when you catch a pass with lets say a 85 speed wr and then he can outrun guys with lower speed, but then a SS or FS with equal or higher speed can catch him from behind.

anyways i would suggest every1 give threshold at zero a try really separates tha boyz from tha men.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADED
i agree i'm playing on gameplay very slow with threshold at 0 and i'm using holycrap's sliders with some minor tweaks and i'm getting some VERY good games.

i'm using tha vikes and u can really see tha difference between my 2 stud DT's and my DE's.
Tha williams boyz cause all kind of havoc in tha backfield(like they should). Also it looks really nice when you catch a pass with lets say a 85 speed wr and then he can outrun guys with lower speed, but then a SS or FS with equal or higher speed can catch him from behind.

anyways i would suggest every1 give threshold at zero a try really separates tha boyz from tha men.
i agree i like the very slow speed as well..not sure if it's just me but the animations look better at that setting.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

What do you mean by PD Reaction? I am about to play and will try the threshold at zero. Interesting thoughts as in the other thread someone thought it should be above default when on very slow. Animations are very nice on this speed, very much agree there.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
What do you mean by PD Reaction? I am about to play and will try the threshold at zero. Interesting thoughts as in the other thread someone thought it should be above default when on very slow. Animations are very nice on this speed, very much agree there.
AI pass defense reaction time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
AI pass defense reaction time
Thanks. Tried this and it seems to work well. Will keep trying it out.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

How is threashold at 0? I had the game about a week and I actually bumped up to 55 because I felt like I was getting way to many breakaways with my faster players like Harrison for the Browns. I felt bumping up would give a little more parody because everyone in the NFL is pretty fast but since I only bumped a notch it isn't super drastic.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 08-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

what's pd reaction and min threshold slider? the pass defense reaction and speed threshold sliders? Also, is that for both CPU and human for the reaction?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »