Home

Playmaker Sliders ?

This is a discussion on Playmaker Sliders ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmaker Sliders ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Man PM I will be glad when you come up with something. I played my 1st game on slow today and I was not feeling it at all!!!! I am getting ready to start my 3rd game on MySkill. Wanted to see if it works or not until you kick out some sliders. Peace!!!!!
Jsywalker,

Maybe it's me man but I'm not feeling the slower speeds either. Other than the animations being smoother I really don't see what all the hype is about on the slower speed.

So, after playing on each speed level because i wanted to give each setting a fair shot I've decided to go with FAST and Normal

I'll have a set of sliders that you can use on either setting basically the Player speed threshold will be the only thing that changes as of right now.

Maybe it's because I love NCAA 10 and that speed has me more locked in to the higher speeds of Madden. Well in any case my sliders won't be very popular around here this year because I'm going against the TREND......

NFL SPEED is what I'm looking for and right now that's only possible on the higher speed settings. I want guys on defense flying to the ball and WR's actually looking like they are sprinting down field and not jogging. I want holes to open and then close quickly and you miss the hole then your RB is most likely only going to get you 2-3 yd's per pop (SMASHMOUTH STYLE).

But hey once you break 1-2 big runs you feel really good afterwards.

Gonna take me sometime as I mentioned earlier because the 1st thing I wanted to do was settle on a speed. Now I"m looking at the ratings and deciding what gets me close to the individual sliders that factor in the ratings during game play the best.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Playmaker I think you hit it on the head. I don't have NCAA so I don't see a big problem with the slower speeds. But, I can see it being a problem if you have NCAA.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Playmaker I think you hit it on the head. I don't have NCAA so I don't see a big problem with the slower speeds. But, I can see it being a problem if you have NCAA.
PM is right a lot of guys/gals won't like it because of the speed. The NFL is a faster game, ask any rookie and they will tell you the speed of the game is the hardest thing to get used to. I played another game on slow and it was better, but I am going to go back to normal just because I will be rotating between Madden/NCAA and their is no way I can play Madden on slow then pop in the faster NCAA. Peace!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

after playing a couple games on slow speed (having also played ncaa) - does anyone else feel like the reaction time is way off when you switch players on defense?

it seems like when i hit A to get the nearest defender the guy doesn't keep running in the same direction, but for a split-second he takes an awkward route. it really feels noticeable to me after playing ncaa - and i'm not sure i like this.

i'm going to see what PM comes up with - i use his varsity sliders on ncaa and absolutely love them.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #13
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yep the options in this years game are awesome

I played a full game on fast with player speed threshold way down and it really felt like defenders were flying to the ball. D.Ware was getting awesome pressure on the QB and he felt like more like the pass rusher he truly is in real life.

For some reason on slow the DE's and OLB's seem to be over matched all game. It likes they lose a step or two and the OL who has like 60 speed is able to always contain them better.

I put the Pass Block slider down to 0 on Normal and Fast and now I see less suction blocking or I shoudl say less resistance.....on Slow it feels like your trying to get a brick wall or something.
Long time not chat Playmaker!

Anyway good to see we have some experience in this stuff now. Man I should get paid for all the hours working on sliders through the years!

Back to the topic,
The game out of the box is perfect speed wise, imo. I get plenty of sacks and pressure.
I am currently working on CPU sliders 1st. I've spectated CPU against the same team.
I will use MY SKILL in Chise but want the CPU sliders to be good from the beginning.
So far,
I've
-got the cpu to be able run, by raising the run blk and lower the defensive block shedding.

-brought the ints slider way down, tired of seeing 3 or 4 picks every game.

-trying to get O-lineman to get more pancakes( right now messing w/ block shedding to see if that helps them).

Besides that everything seems good. I've got a variety of penalties being called now. Not too many though.
I want the CPU to have the best chance to compete from the beginning. Running, passing, turnovers, penalties, etc.

I really think that MY SKILL and correctly adjusted CPU sliders will make for the best, most realistic game to date!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16
Thumbs up Re: Playmaker Sliders ?

Playmaker IS the Vince Lombardi of slider making. Glad to see your in full swing to make a set! Can't wait!
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 08-16-2009, 12:58 AM   #15
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
i'm going to see what PM comes up with - i use his varsity sliders on ncaa and absolutely love them.
same here. i sold ncaa 10 cause i didn't wind up liking it too much, but i still play ncaa 09 and use his varsity sliders (i also have this AA set saved somewhere).

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

So PM, I see you probably wont stick to the slow speed... are you doing this to increase fun by making it faster or does the higher speeds make for a more realistic game? Ive always turned to your sliders in order to make the game as realistic as possible, so I hope you are still doing that. Cant wait to try them out anyways!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »