Home

CLAYSTONE Cpu vs Cpu / Coaches Mode

This is a discussion on CLAYSTONE Cpu vs Cpu / Coaches Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CLAYSTONE Cpu vs Cpu / Coaches Mode

Does anyone else have the problem of their KR not calling for a Fair Catch? Booklet even says to press 'Triangle' (PS3) but nothing happens except my returner gets hit + fumbles = fumble return TD for other team.

BTW this just happened to me & now my Madden rage is on...better take a 10min break...

Last edited by Bryzn; 08-19-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #66
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

you have to cycle through to that player receiving punt or kick return and then use fair catch button, it is Y on X Box. If you are not in control of that player and circle is on someone else, will not do anything.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just curious as to how people are liking these sliders for CPU vs CPU play??? I'd like to see more stats with these sliders. From what I've seen the offense seems a bit too much. I'd like to start a league where I watch every game in the franchise but I'm waiting for a good set of sliders. I know it sounds carzy to watch every single game but I've done this in the past with almost every Madden (mostly PC). I know that I will not get injuries by playing CPU vs CPU (which really stinks! C'mon EA!), but i have accepted that. I am more of a stat guy and just like to see who will win it all with this year's version of Madden football. If anyone knows of a real good CPU vs CPU slider set to try for realistic stats/gameplay please let me know.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly
Old 08-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 2

Just played my first game with these (Coach).

Same old story. No-one can run. Everyone can pass.

Julius Jones 2.8 YPC. Forte 2.0 YPC. Totals are only as high as that because of a 20-ish yard run thrown in, and they're due to breaking an early tackle. It's really nearly everything in the 0-2 yard range. You can't even do a "4 yards and a cloud of dust" running game.
I mean it really is, Rush for 2 yards, Rush for 0 yards, Pass on 3rd down. Over and Over.
The run blocking is nothing short of pathetic.

Meanwhile on Offense both Cutler and Hasselbeck put up 300-400 yards. Hass picked 5 times, Cutler 3. No sacks due to QB's throwing just before they're about to be hit, over and over.

It's just stupid really. Really, really stupid.

This game is broken beyond all recognition.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlacher1

I agree
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #70
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlacher1
Same old story. No-one can run. Everyone can pass.

A little early to give up, isn't it? Especially while relying on someone else's sliders?

I've been working on a set for my own use, and in my latest trials running is almost perfect (both getting and giving up 4-5 YPC), but I actually need to tweek passing back the other direction because both yards and completion percent are too low.

With all of the sliders they've given us, getting good game play is very possible.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
A little early to give up, isn't it? Especially while relying on someone else's sliders?
It's not at the point of giving up. But it's at the point of being close to convinced there's flaws in this game that are insurmountable. Specifically the run blocking.

I've tried my own sliders. I did that first. I've actually tried it with everything running at the max, everything passing at the minimum. Amazingly running was still poor, and passing was still too good. That shouldn't be remotely possible if the sliders worked.

I've had years of history with Madden where the Sliders do not have a wide enough range to correct a problem. Like setting Penalty sliders to 100, and there's still not enough. I think I've had 2 false starts in 7 games, with sliders at 100. Which is just lolbad.

Quote:
I've been working on a set for my own use, and in my latest trials running is almost perfect (both getting and giving up 4-5 YPC), but I actually need to tweek passing back the other direction because both yards and completion percent are too low.
I'd love to get these (you've been Coaching, and not just CPU'ing though?). Post them if you would please. Even with the passing too hard. I'd actually like to see it work that way for a change.

Quote:
With all of the sliders they've given us, getting good game play is very possible.
If the sliders work correctly, yes. I haven't played Madden for 3-4 years. And I know back then they didn't work enough.

My last game was the same old story. Forte low 2.x YPC. Opposition similar.
Cutler passed for 360 yards, no picks. Olsen has 150 yards.
For them Culpepper had almost 200 yards, no picks.

After 5 weeks Olsen leads the league in receptions. And we've had a bye. The game seems incredibly TE heavy in the passing game. Burress has hardly had a sniff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #72
Banned

For anyone interested in Coach mode sliders the set posted here wasn't working for me at all - same old problem, too easy to pass, too hard to run.

I've just had a game tweaking sliders though and I think I'm getting near a decent set. I started with Player Skill at 0 (i.e easy) for rushing, 20 (hard) for passing. Forte ripped off two 50+ yard TD's in his first two carries (one outside, one inside). Cutler's accuracy was horrendous too.

Satisfied I could over-correct to extreme's I tuned them in.

I've ended up with the Player Skill sliders at:

These are all working of sliders Joe posted here, i.e All-Pro level with all CPU settings at 50, and the Player Skill changed.
Note: they will therefore not work at all for CPU v CPU.

If you're not happy with your current Coach stats/games give 'em a go and let me know what you think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »