Home

Jukeman's Sliders

This is a discussion on Jukeman's Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #57
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Jukeman's Sliders

I'm going to stick with yours as a base, but I read somewhere else to increase the game speed....as well as make sure pass rush is up. supposedly it eliminates the suction pass blocking. your run blocking sliders are on point, forte broke thru holes that were there, but that closed up quickly two or so yards pass the line of scrimmage, then he would cut back, put his head down, etc for an extra 2-5 yards. he did get smashed 2-3 times in the backfield, so I'm really loving the running game. also, I noticed the CPU teams played smart, ran when it was time to run, passed when appropriate, play action when the time was right. really, really loving this game, except for a 1-2 flaws. broadcast cam with be the topping on the cake...
Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #58
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Coach mode is a no go for me because my AI team mates cant get any sacks on their own but yet the CPU get pressure on me like crazy(please tone down those duck passes, wouldve been sack way more times if it wasnt for that)

controlling the FS is a no go to because of what I already said up top^

So now Im just going to play player lock where I control the QB only(not much of a stick guy so its hard for me to control every one, I have skills trust that lol but I'd rather watch the outcome)which means I will not run the ball(AI handles that) or user catch nor will I rub after the catch...Only thing on special teams I will be controlling are the kicking duties(AI handles returns)

On D, since my AI cant get sacks, I will control my DE's and not switch off...If im running a 3-4 then I will control my OLB's

only way I can enjoy the game.....

I would ost stats but I dint be feeling like it lol....Right now im up on the Panthers 10-6 at half time in my franchise with the Eagles...

My house Rules are:

- ask madden and pick 1 of the six plays base on what I like for the situation
- only pass to the flats after making all my other reads first and always look at the primary receiver first

- screens are only used on 3rd downs(flats are not big plays now after tuning but its a sure 3-5 yard completion)
-Never hot route or use any kind audible, only use motion

Its sad that I have to dumb down like the CPU....only if online franchise was actually a franchise mode....

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-21-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Coach mode is a no go for me because my AI team mates cant get any sacks on their own but yet the CPU get pressure on me like crazy(please tone down those duck passes, wouldve been sack way more times if it wasnt for that)

controlling the FS is a no go to because of what I already said up top^

So now Im just going to play player lock where I control the QB only(not much of a stick guy so its hard for me to control every one, I have skills trust that lol but I'd rather watch the outcome)which means I will not run the ball(AI handles that) or user catch nor will I rub after the catch...Only thing on special teams I will be controlling are the kicking duties(AI handles returns)

On D, since my AI cant get sacks, I will control my DE's and not switch off...If im running a 3-4 then I will control my OLB's

only way I can enjoy the game.....

I would ost stats but I dint be feeling like it lol....Right now im up on the Panthers 10-6 at half time in my franchise with the Eagles
Juke bro I feel your pain. It's currently really hard to play the game when QB's that are 85+ OVR are throwing 4 picks per game practically. Sure some games it may be 1, but I have NEVER played a game in 3 seasons where a QB didn't throw a pick.

Why can't there just be ONE game where no QB's throw a pick on either side? Thats realistic. Throwing 4-6 picks from 1 QB game after game (even if they are bad) isn't realistic.

I love Madden 10 but things need to be fixed for me to keep playing. I was going to go back to Head Coach for a bit ...trying to figure out how to update the rosters.

Last edited by joejccva71; 08-21-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #60
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

They really need to tone down the "duck" pass animations, thats the real reason me and the Cpu are loosing out on sacks....Im seeing plenty of pressure from me and the cpu....Im now back to enjoying playing the FS...hopefully they tone the duck passes so I can get/take realistic sacks...
Old 08-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #61
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Im going to give your auto sub & fatigue settings a try. Do you only see your back up in for only one play and then get subbed out or do they stay in for a few plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #62
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Im going to give your auto sub & fatigue settings a try. Do you only see your back up in for only one play and then get subbed out or do they stay in for a few plays?
the most I see is 2 plays....I have RB/DL at 35/40 or 40/45 now

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-24-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 15

Guys I found out about the auto sub in/out slider.

Lets say you have your RB sub slider at 35/40. That means that your RB will be subbed out at 35% fatigue, and then subbed back in at 40% fatigue. (not good)

Thats why the default is at 60/80. Think about that for a sec. An idea situation would be no less than 50% sub out otherwise he's gonna be too tired and will fumble alot more and not be able to make cuts and run through holes.

By you having at it 35/40, he's ALWAYS tired.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #64
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Guys I found out about the auto sub in/out slider.

Lets say you have your RB sub slider at 35/40. That means that your RB will be subbed out at 35% fatigue, and then subbed back in at 40% fatigue. (not good)

Thats why the default is at 60/80. Think about that for a sec. An idea situation would be no less than 50% sub out otherwise he's gonna be too tired and will fumble alot more and not be able to make cuts and run through holes.

By you having at it 35/40, he's ALWAYS tired.
Yea I know, with fatgue at 100, 60/80 is too high...My whole point is to have them tired, I also dont see alot of fumbles if anything its my RB who will drop a ball or two when he's very tired....Havent notice him or any player not making cuts but if that is affected then thats actually a good thing...

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-24-2009 at 07:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »