Home

jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub setting

This is a discussion on jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub setting within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 22
Re: jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub set

Ok I just finished my AFC Championship game vs the Patriots as the Chargers. ...I won. =]

Final: 52-35

Brady:
88.7 rating. He went 43/64!!! (67%) with 451 yards, 4 touchdowns and 3 picks.

Maroney:
85 yards on 17 attempts for a 5.0 average with 0 touchdowns and his long being 26 (so he was very consistent which I think is realistic)

WELKER!!! (Brady and he killed me):
17 receptions! for 133 yards and 2 TDs

Ben Watson had 8 receptions for 103 yards, 0 TDs and a 12.8 average

I was able to relatively shut down Moss after assigning Jammer on him (great press and man coverage):
8 receptions for 82 yards averaging 10.2 yards per catch and 0 TDs on the evening

Blocking: 1 pancake for several NE'ers with another coming from Gates. That's it.

NE: A couple of players with 5-6 tackles while a bunch having 1 and several having 2-3. A lot of them had a good number of assists ranging from 2-4.

Rivers:
132.9 rating going 22/29 (75%) for 295 yards and 4 TDs for the MVP. Had one INT.

LT:
21 Attempts for 74 yards averaging 3.5 and 0 TDs on the evening

Gates:
5 receptions for 92 yards averaging 18.4 yards per catch with one TD

Burress (snagged him at Free Agency):
4 receptions for 39 yards averaging 9.7 yards per catch and a touchdown.

Sproles and Chambers also had a TD with 2 receptions each. Chambers had 77 yards while Sproles only had 17.

Defensive
Cooper: led with 8 solo and had one pass deflection

Hart: Came in second with 7 solo and 2 assists

Cason: had 6 solo with one assist and one TFL

My man Merriman had 6 solo with one TFL, a sack and a fumble recovery

Burnett: 5 solo and 2 assists and 2 deflections

Jammer had 2 solo, 2 assists and 1 TFL with one INT and 2 pass deflections

Player of the Game Cromartie had 2 solo, one assists and 2 picks for 2 TDs (which is where the 52 points comes in. If not for him, I'd just have 38 which is realistic)

BTW, I used HuskerWR38's rushing sliders (90 for human blocking and 90 for cpu block shedding and recognition). Other than that, I used the OP's exact slider formula. I like these a lot. 2 of those picks (one by Jammer and another by Cromartie) were by the cpu. I usered the last one by Cromartie. I may turn the INT slider down for me if I find that I'm getting too many pick sixes. Otherwise, I think these stats look pretty darn good. =]

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie5
i might just post the sliders i have as i've only changed a few things. I played a big shootout again today( lost 52-42). I was the eagles and played the chargers. Rivers threw for 5 TDs & 4 in the first half. Both QBs had around 70 completion. The RB stats were accurate. I couldn't get any sacks but had pressure which was annoying. Im still so close to making the most realistic sliders but cant quite get it. I play on Normal speed and have a 5 threshold...im thinking the threshold could be the issue?
no. losing to the Chargers in an offensive shootout sounds realistic to me.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie5
I used jokahs sliders with these specific changes and it did show a difference as it was harder to run the ball, i ended up with like 88 yards on 16 carries, but one run was broken for 75 yards...so im not sure what im going to do with those specific sliders. Im also thinking im going to switch to a 25 second run off instead of 20(using 15 mins). I'll play a few games tomorrow to see what works for me.
Really? I found that these changes made running more realistic and more fun, and even easier.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #28
Rookie

Ok I just completed another game but this was the Pro-Bowl (I was the AFC team). And I completely blew the cpu out of the water. Final: 67-44

I had a perfect rating with Tom Brady going 18 for 21 for 381 yards and 3 TDs.
Although when I played with Rivers I had a 75.2 rating going 21 for 34 for 217 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. (mind you these are each in one half.)

This was mainly because I hardly ran (it was just too much fun passing) =]

I had 55 yards on 8 attempts with LT for a 6.8 average. (I broke one for 48 yards though) And I got 1 touchdown with him.

I had 6 yards for 8 attempts with Thomas Jones (not as good) and also a TD

I then had 28 yards on 4 attempts with Chris Johnson and I scrambled for a touchdown with Brady.

Brandon Marshall and Randy Moss both had 7 receptions for 117/116 yards respectively with Marshall scoring 1 TD. I was just on FIRE with these guys.
I also had 127 yards with Braylon Edwards, 52 yards with Andre Johnson, and 51 yards with Reggie Wayne.

Defense was ok. Cromartie led tacks with 6. Nothing major here though. Warner and Brees REFUSED to even let a defender touch them. I couldn't even dive sack them.

Speaking of which, Warner had a great half completing 18 on 25 attempts (72%) for 243 yards and 2 TDs. He had a 129.2 passer rating.

Brees:
Not so much. He had a 52.2 rating throwing 3 picks and going 17 for 30 (56%) for 226 yards. He still had 1 TD though. He might've sucked because my D was a lot better with the second half squad (had Ed Reed and Troy as safeties with Cromartie and Cason as CBs) Cason had a pick 6 btw on Brees.

I got the All Day No Way trophy shutting AD down with 14 yards on 7 attempts. DeAngelo Williams had a much better game (again in the first half with a weaker D) with 79 yards on 6 attempts and 2 TDs. He had a long of 67 yards though.

I don't know. I feel as though these sliders are very realistic. I'll find out when I play in the Superbowl... against the Redskins (they wish).

Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #29
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Overall, I'm loving the speed for these settings, they allow for some separation in the passing game which is what I've been looking for. There's something a little bit off about them though, and I'm not quite sure what it is. I'm going to have to play the same match up a few more times to see if it evens out, but there's no way I should be able to beat the Giants consistently with the Lions.

I did have a KR TD on the opening kickoff, and they did have two missed field goals (had my FG acc on 48) so there's a 13 point swing that would have made the game a lot closer.

Team Stats:

Lions(ME) vs. Giants(CPU)

Score: 29/14
Rushing Yards: 150/110 *Maurice Morris had a HUGE run
Passing Yards: 206/241
Turnovers: 1/1 *Both INT's
Penalties: 2-25/4-59

Individual Stats:

Passing:
Eli Manning - 79.2rating/22-40/241yds/2td/1int/55%comp
Daunte Culpepper - 69.6rating/10-24/209yds/1td/1int

Rushing:
Kevin Smith - 27att/52yds/1.9avg
Brandon Jacobs - 19att/90yds/4.7avg
Maurice Morris - 9att/95yds/10.5yds/1td
Ahmad Bradshaw - 5att/20yds/4.0avg

Receiving:
Calvin Johnson - 4rec/122yds/1td *Saving grace for C-Pepper
Brandon Jacobs - 4rec/64yds *Yds shouldve been lower, I f'd up a tackle going for a high hit stick on him when I was the last defender
Kevin Boss - 4rec/60yds
Madison Hedgecock - 4rec/13yds/1td
Travis Beckum - 1rec/4yds/1td

Blocking:
NYG - 4 pancakes/0 sacks allowed
DET - 1 pancake/2 sacks allowed

Defense:
3 tied with 6 solo tkls for the game high *Anyone know how to get this number up?
15 total tfl *Too high?

I liked them a lot, I'd just like to see how we can get more sacks for the user. These sliders have provided me with the most fun I have had passing the ball, I do play with both HUM and CPU acc at 5 instead of 20 though, I like to be able to feel the difference in QB's a little more. Great job man, I look forward to your future edits.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 08-19-2009, 01:57 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow05
Overall, I'm loving the speed for these settings, they allow for some separation in the passing game which is what I've been looking for. There's something a little bit off about them though, and I'm not quite sure what it is. I'm going to have to play the same match up a few more times to see if it evens out, but there's no way I should be able to beat the Giants consistently with the Lions.

I did have a KR TD on the opening kickoff, and they did have two missed field goals (had my FG acc on 48) so there's a 13 point swing that would have made the game a lot closer.

Team Stats:

Lions(ME) vs. Giants(CPU)

Score: 29/14
Rushing Yards: 150/110 *Maurice Morris had a HUGE run
Passing Yards: 206/241
Turnovers: 1/1 *Both INT's
Penalties: 2-25/4-59

Individual Stats:

Passing:
Eli Manning - 79.2rating/22-40/241yds/2td/1int/55%comp
Daunte Culpepper - 69.6rating/10-24/209yds/1td/1int

Rushing:
Kevin Smith - 27att/52yds/1.9avg
Brandon Jacobs - 19att/90yds/4.7avg
Maurice Morris - 9att/95yds/10.5yds/1td
Ahmad Bradshaw - 5att/20yds/4.0avg

Receiving:
Calvin Johnson - 4rec/122yds/1td *Saving grace for C-Pepper
Brandon Jacobs - 4rec/64yds *Yds shouldve been lower, I f'd up a tackle going for a high hit stick on him when I was the last defender
Kevin Boss - 4rec/60yds
Madison Hedgecock - 4rec/13yds/1td
Travis Beckum - 1rec/4yds/1td

Blocking:
NYG - 4 pancakes/0 sacks allowed
DET - 1 pancake/2 sacks allowed

Defense:
3 tied with 6 solo tkls for the game high *Anyone know how to get this number up?
15 total tfl *Too high?

I liked them a lot, I'd just like to see how we can get more sacks for the user. These sliders have provided me with the most fun I have had passing the ball, I do play with both HUM and CPU acc at 5 instead of 20 though, I like to be able to feel the difference in QB's a little more. Great job man, I look forward to your future edits.
I honestly don't know how to get the number of tackles up..its always a crapshoot with me.

As for Mofficial - I'd try bumping your QB Pass Acc. down to about 10 or so..sounds like your really good at passing and this needs to be toned down. Sounds like you should probably move the CPU INT down to about 25ish or so..and like I said if you user pick it is a tonnn easier.

Havn't gotten in a game for the past 2 days so I havn't been able to post my stats/edits..sorry about that..will try to get in some games in the next few days.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 26

How are your auto subs working out?

Getting good results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokah03
I honestly don't know how to get the number of tackles up..its always a crapshoot with me.

As for Mofficial - I'd try bumping your QB Pass Acc. down to about 10 or so..sounds like your really good at passing and this needs to be toned down. Sounds like you should probably move the CPU INT down to about 25ish or so..and like I said if you user pick it is a tonnn easier.

Havn't gotten in a game for the past 2 days so I havn't been able to post my stats/edits..sorry about that..will try to get in some games in the next few days.
yeah mo, I've been thinking of doing that. I am a really good passer. I love these settings though man. The player threshold being so low really allows for the pocket to set up because linemen take a lot longer to get at you. This also allows for medium and deep routes to develop as well. And I've toned down my INT setting because.... I had beaten the Redskins like 68-24 because I had 3 pick sixes and a kick return for a TD by Darren Sproles.

Do you know of any way to just make the cpu defense play better when defending the pass? Maybe it is just I need to tone down the accuracy, but still, I can carve up a defense with the passing attack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »