Home

jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub setting

This is a discussion on jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub setting within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub setting

GAME OPTIONS:

Play Call Style: If you want to see replays, use Advanced, if you don't want to see anything but the game, use Hardcore, both are the same for playcalling.

Quarter Length - 15 minutes with 25 sec accelerated clock - if you want to do less, toy around with the clock until you get about 115-130 plays a game, (count passes attempted, rushing attempts, sacks) and then your good. (Note, I've never tried this with say like 5 minute quarters..dunno how good the game will be..try it out if you'd like)

Injuries: 58 (Seeing about 2-5 per game, only a few ones that were anything major though)

Fatigue: 59

Game Speed: Slow (Haven't tried a game on Very Slow, or haven't tried these sliders on Normal or above..again, you can give them a shot if you'd like though)

Player Minimum Speed Threshold: 5 (Separates quick WR's from bad corners, seperates a quick RB from a fat lineman, ect)

Fight for the Fumble: Off - you'll still see the cutscreen with it off.

PENALTIES:

Holding: 49
Facemask: 71
Clipping: 67

EVERYTHING ELSE AT 100.

PLAYER SKILL:

Passing: (Note, hit X on each one of the categories to open up the sub categories.)

QB Accuracy: 25
Pass Blocking: 21
WR Catching: 47

Rushing:

Broken Tackles: 0
Run Blocking: 30
Fumbles: 48

Pass Blocking:

Reaction Time: 25
Interceptions: 30
Pass Rushing: 90

Rush Defense:

Reaction Time: 0
Block Shedding: 0
Tackling: 15

CPU SKILL:

Passing:

QB Accuracy: 41
Pass Blocking: 7
WR Catching: 49

Rushing:

Broken Tackles: 0
Run Blocking: 100
Fumbles: 57

Pass Defense:

Reaction Time: 59
Interceptions: 25
Pass Rushing: 75

Rush Defense:

Reaction Time: 0
Block Shedding: 0
Tackling: 35

SPECIAL TEAMS: (A major thing I'm mad about here is they didn't seperate for CPU and Human..why? Why not?)

FG Power: 50

FG Accuracy: 55 (Way to high for Human..just about right if not too low for CPU)

Punt Power: 73 (A little high for Human..still down for CPU..the AVG punt in the NFL is about 45ish yards..CPU is averaging anywhere from 35-43ish..)

Punt Accuracy: 70 (Too help the computer stop shanking kicks for 15 yards.)

Kickoff Power: 56 (This is to help out the Min Speed Threshold..you'll see a lot of touchbacks, especially if you have a great kicker..but if you don't people with speed on Kickoff Returns will light you up or you will light the CPU up.)

AUTO SUBS:

Sub out is always the first number, in is the 2nd

QB: 55/80
RB: 83/84
WR: 82/83
FB/TE: 75/80
OL: 60/80

DT: 84/85
DE: 83/84
LB: 65/80
CB: 60/80
S: 60/80

HOUSE RULES:

1) I try to play a "Sim" of a game as possible..play to your teams strength..

2) The only time I will EVER switch is to -sometimes- make a tackle..I NEVER switch to User Catch/User Pick. If you HAVE to User Pick, you should probably turn INT's down to about 0-10..its a lot easier to User Pick in this game.

OTHER NOTES:

I'm not going to claim these sliders are the end-all-be-all of sliders. These will work great for some, and terrible for others. What these should provide you is a good set to build off of..use these sliders for a few games, try them out, and make changes if you really need to. If you see the CPU run game start to struggle, turn down your tackling until it gets to 0, after that you probably have to start turning up their break tackles.

These work for me, they don't have to work for you. Please, if you use these sliders post stats..I would love to see Passing stats, Rushing Stats, WR Drops, Sacks, and Punt Power..that's what I'm really focusing on right now. Number of plays would be great as well..as long with the Score/Total Yards. I will try to help you if you have a question to try to cater to your game. Please feel free to ask any questions..If I update the sliders I will update my post and show changes in RED.

Good luck, and have fun with these sliders..I hope you do!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub set

Thanks 1) for the sliders 2) for the auto subs!!!
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 08-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: jokah03's SIM Madden 10 Sliders (Good Pass/Rush Game) With Game Opts/Auto Sub set

I think you have good sliders, except, for the rushing sliders. I feel that if I lower my sliders that low, my lineman's brains turn to mush and become blind aka....they don't block guys in front of their faces, turn in circles, walk on screen passes, etc..

I set my rush blocking to about 90, but then I turn up the CPU break block and reaction to about 90 also. This helps create smarter lineman. Hope that helps.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Just played a game with all of jokah03's sliders...except I played on normal speed. Overall, I liked it, but I may have to make a few small changes. I was the Pats and beat the Eagles 44-24, but it was 24-17 pats @ the half. The special teams play was great, very NFL like. I also liked the penalty sliders, as they helped influence the game and were realistic. The pats had 60 plays and the Eagles had 65. Mcnabb finished 23-38 263 yds with 2 TDs and 3 INTs. Brady was 27 of 36 for 339 with 3 TDs and 1 INT. For the Eagles, westbrook rushed 20 times for 83 yds(4.1 ypc) and 1 TD. Mcnabb had 5 rushes for 13 and mccoy had 3 for 5 yds. Pats- Fred taylor had 17 rushes for 70 yds and 1 TD. Thomas had 3 rushes for 7 yds and 1 TD, faulk had 2 for 13 and maroney had 2 for 10. All these offensive stats seem great to me, also, Moss had 4 catches for 119 yds and 1 TD.
There werent many pancake blocks, only 4 in the game. Eagles leading tackler had 8 solo with 1 ast. Pats leader had 6 solo with 2 ast. I had NO sacks! I was very close a few times though and felt i could...at times get a decent pas rush. i was sacked 3 times. One of my INt's off mcnabb was returned to the house.
overall, as I said, I think I will tweak a few things, and probably go to 25 min accelerated clock, but the play was very realistic, i got hot w brady and took over in the 2nd. it was a fun game though, hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
Thanks 1) for the sliders 2) for the auto subs!!!
No Problems..when/if you play any games please post the stats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I think you have good sliders, except, for the rushing sliders. I feel that if I lower my sliders that low, my lineman's brains turn to mush and become blind aka....they don't block guys in front of their faces, turn in circles, walk on screen passes, etc..

I set my rush blocking to about 90, but then I turn up the CPU break block and reaction to about 90 also. This helps create smarter lineman. Hope that helps.
To each his own. Honestly I was screwing around with that slider too, until I decided to drop it to where it was and found myself not getting crushed in the backfield that much, normally picking up anywhere from 1-6 yards per carry. Give these a try and see how well you can run the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie5
Just played a game with all of jokah03's sliders...except I played on normal speed. Overall, I liked it, but I may have to make a few small changes. I was the Pats and beat the Eagles 44-24, but it was 24-17 pats @ the half. The special teams play was great, very NFL like. (Good to hear!)

I also liked the penalty sliders, as they helped influence the game and were realistic. The pats had 60 plays and the Eagles had 65. Mcnabb finished 23-38 263 yds with 2 TDs and 3 INTs. (The computer sometimes will be stupid with their playcalls, don't expect to get 3 picks a game unless you are auto switching)

Brady was 27 of 36 for 339 with 3 TDs and 1 INT. For the Eagles, westbrook rushed 20 times for 83 yds(4.1 ypc) (Good average NFL stats) and 1 TD.

Mcnabb had 5 rushes for 13 and mccoy had 3 for 5 yds. Pats- Fred taylor had 17 rushes for 70 yds and 1 TD. Thomas had 3 rushes for 7 yds and 1 TD, faulk had 2 for 13 and maroney had 2 for 10.

All these offensive stats seem great to me (great!), also, Moss had 4 catches for 119 yds and 1 TD.

There werent many pancake blocks, only 4 in the game. (Honestly I never get them either..not sure if its because Run Blocking is too low, but even with the CPU's @ 100 I still feel like there aren't many Pancakes.)

Eagles leading tackler had 8 solo with 1 ast. Pats leader had 6 solo with 2 ast.

I had NO sacks! (Some games this will happen, hopefully your next you will have at least 2-3) I was very close a few times though and felt i could...at times get a decent pas rush. i was sacked 3 times.

One of my INt's off mcnabb was returned to the house. (I see that happening a TON, as well as fumbles..but don't know if there is any good fix for it)

overall, as I said, I think I will tweak a few things, and probably go to 25 min accelerated clock, but the play was very realistic, i got hot w brady and took over in the 2nd. it was a fun game though, hope this helps. (Yes it does, thanks for trying them out!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
Pro

By the way your house rules are EXACTLY the same as mine. I'll post some stats soon.

Oh, and I HATE sliders that aren't divisible numbers. Call me crazy or OCD but its either, for example 20, or 25 not 21, 23, 27. So I'm just gonna round your sliders either up or down.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
By the way your house rules are EXACTLY the same as mine. I'll post some stats soon.

Oh, and I HATE sliders that aren't divisible numbers. Call me crazy or OCD but its either, for example 20, or 25 not 21, 23, 27. So I'm just gonna round your sliders either up or down.
Haha..I'm normally the same way, when I first started to make them I went by 5's..but as I kept playing more and more I think it was too much of a change one way or the other.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Pro

Well here's what I'm going with, a slight variation. I'll post stats for em' in a bit. I never leave any at 0. It's a superstition type thing of mine that it's a no no to put any slider at 0.

Passing:
QB Accuracy: 25
Pass Blocking: 50 (I'll get sacked in a second if any lower)
WR Catching: 50

Rushing:
Broken Tackles: 5
Run Blocking: 30
Fumbles: 45 (too many fumbles in the game)

Pass Blocking:
Reaction Time: 25
Interceptions: 5 (too many interceptions)
Pass Rushing: 100 (no pass rush in the game)

Rush Defense:

Reaction Time: 5
Block Shedding: 5
Tackling: 15

CPU SKILL:

Passing:

QB Accuracy: 40
Pass Blocking: 5
WR Catching: 50

Rushing:

Broken Tackles: 5
Run Blocking: 100
Fumbles: 50

Pass Defense:

Reaction Time: 60
Interceptions: 5
Pass Rushing: 75

Rush Defense:

Reaction Time: 5
Block Shedding: 5
Tackling: 35
---------

We'll see how this goes. As for interceptions being so low, I'll let you know if it seems like it should be upped.

By the way I have my threshold at 25, and I play on fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »