Home

DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed)

This is a discussion on DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #401
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed)

HOLY CRAP! I just did a hail mary with the 2 seconds remaining and Jeremy Maclin came down with it! I just won that game 37-32!

Holy hell... lol lol lol lol lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #402
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII

I got no sacks this time... 8 last time... wtf? lol You can really tell the difference in teams.
I am loving that about this years game, there is a big difference with teams and players due to ratings.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #403
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Your sliders are usually doing a fine job until mid-2nd quarter or halftime, then I start dominating and the CPU playcalling (both offensive and defensive) brakes down.

Tried out Dfos81's sliders last night, which gave very similar results as yours, albeit increased the difficulty so I ended up with beating the Bengals with the Seahawks on a INT return TD in a very hard fought match.

However, in my second game with his settings I experienced the same problem as I have with yours. I can't stop the monster rushing gains. Like Chris Johnson had 6 carries of 60+ yards and 31 broken tackles, DeAngelo Williams had 199 yards on 16 carries with 13 broken tackles against the Baltimore Ravens at halftime (2 gains of around 80 yards), and that was when I stopped playing

What am I doing wrong? I usually average 3-5 broken tackles per game, while the CPU averages 6-8 broken tackles per quarter! Any one else experience the CPU break a tackle on almost every play, while you (almost) always get stopped by the first and closest defender - even small cornerbacks successfully take Brandon Jacobs-like RBs down?
I had to up my break tackle by 5 to be honest. It helped alot.

As far as the cpu, I dont have an answer because I had to actually decrease my tackle sliders etc.

Are you taking control of the closest defender all the time? Because I just control my guy the whole time and let my D do the rest. Because if I try to control the closest guy real quick I get plowed over.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #404
Pro

OVR: 8

Well looks like the patch was a false alarm for most, and it's out tomorrow. Phil Frazier said BOTH patches will be released tomorrow. I hope he means patch #1 and #2 by that...roll on tomorrow...
Old 09-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 5

I always played '10 with your sliders and loved it.. thanks for that!

Only after downloading the patch yesterday (yes I live in Europe)
it seems the sliders definatly need to get tweaked.. my overall ''feeling'' is that the game vs. the cpu has become easier..

I have no problem anymore to run the ball after the patch.. combined round the 200 yards in both 2 games... QB percentage is high 60s.. also improved for me after the patch..
The cpu struggled.. Flacco went out injured and Smith went 5 for 18 with 0 TDs and 4 Ints.. I never have seen a cpu QB struggle that much.. and it was against the Chiefs D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 06:20 AM   #406
MVP

cam21224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Well looks like the patch was a false alarm for most, and it's out tomorrow. Phil Frazier said BOTH patches will be released tomorrow. I hope he means patch #1 and #2 by that...roll on tomorrow...
The patch is out now, going to play a game and test things out.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #407
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

Yes, I agree that both CPU and Human rushing need tweaking. Both seems too dominant after the patch (I played one game and avg. 7 YPC - CPU avg. 6 YPC)

I didn't see a whole lot change with passing after the patch but I only played one game.

Very much lookingforward to following your changes, DB!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #408
Pro

Ok ran practice mode for a couple of hours.

Observations:-
The cpu run game is quite evil now, the human one not so changed (with present sliders). There also seem to be far more broken tackles all round (groan why?!, that was the last thing needed). Coverage also seems a little more loose, but not sure about that yet. I've decided to make some provisional changes in the first post (re the run game). All human run d sliders up (some quite a bit), BRK TCK down on both sides. Human run blk down a little.

See 1st post (in a few minutes give me that long to edit it)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »