Home

DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed)

This is a discussion on DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: DB'S Stat Accurate Sliders (Slow game Speed)

I'm curious about pancakes,

Are pancakes really important? 1. They aren't recorded as an NFL stat 2. They aren't that common in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #42
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

Just did this, game 1 of my second season on my fantasy draft team.

Ari 38
Car 3

Passing
J. Cutler 15/27 267 yds, 1 TD

M. Moore 13/34 180 yds, 0 TD, 4 INT

Rushing
D. Brown 29/90 3 TD
A. Brown 3/8 1 TD

R. Grant 18/62 0TD
J. Norwood 2/4

Receiving
H. Nicks 4/79
L. Moore 3/82 1 TD
D. Brown 3/34
M. Bennett 2/28
T. Ginn 1/24

O. Schmitt 3/28
J. Jurevicius 3/38
R. Moss 2/21

Defensive
L.Woodley 3 Sacks (all user)
T. Harris 2 Sacks
C. Webster 2 INT
T. Suggs 1 INT
S. Jones 1 INT

T. Pryce 1 Sack
K. Jenkins 1 Sack

Plays:
Ari: 63
Car: 60

Matt Moore is a terrible QB in Madden, so I was glad he didn't look like the second coming of Tom Brady against my defense (which includes Pat Willis, Jerod Mayo, DRC who is currently hurt and Laron Landry). Play count was right on (123). When I face a stronger QB I can tell how the passing game really works.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #43
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

@Drew

I lowered reaction time to 25, block shedding to 45 and tackling to 35.

I later played the G-Men and Jacobs went off grumbling and rumbling for 110 yds off 28 attempts(first time I have had the cpu running game go over 80 yds on me.) Once he did that Eli picked me apart throwing 2tds.

It was a fun game even though I lost 27-16.

Most of my points were Vinateri field goals(3).

My only Td came from a Manning to Garcon pass for 20 yds, I lost my safety net clark in the second quarter and I went down hill from there.

G-Men sacked me 5 times. Osi had 2 of those sacks he was just picking on my boy LT Ugoh.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam21224
@Drew

I lowered reaction time to 25, block shedding to 45 and tackling to 35.

I later played the G-Men and Jacobs went off grumbling and rumbling for 110 yds off 28 attempts(first time I have had the cpu running game go over 80 yds on me.) Once he did that Eli picked me apart throwing 2tds.

It was a fun game even though I lost 27-16.

Most of my points were Vinateri field goals(3).

My only Td came from a Manning to Garcon pass for 20 yds, I lost my safety net clark in the second quarter and I went down hill from there.

G-Men sacked me 5 times. Osi had 2 of those sacks he was just picking on my boy LT Ugoh.
Those sound pretty sensible changes. Sounds like the direction the sliders will probably have to go. It's difficult to adjust for pass rush, if folks are getting a lot "user controlled". I haven't really designed them for that. If Individuals are good at manual pass rushing, they may need to tweak the cpu pass blocking, human pass rushing themselves.

But again, I urge folks to try a few games. I had them a lot easier to get sacks the other day, I had 9 over two games, then 3 in the next. I adjusted them (to where they are in the OP), and playing The Giants 5 straight, then one against The Falcons, I never had more 2 in one game..often a lot of one sack, and some zero sack games. Again it depends upon how good your rushers are, and the quality of the opposition Dline. I'm more concerned, that you never seem to get sacks off blitzes, however well you mix them up.

In one of The Giant games, I called one of the exotic blitzes out of the 1-5-5 D. Now I don't blitz much. Six rushers all from different angles/unusual spots..and when I checked the replay, the ai had EIGHT men Pass Blocking. I don't expect to get much pressure, but only 2 guys out on patterns?...this is when I'd hardly called a blitz all game. Seemed a bit of a Belicheat moment

A lot of results will be down to playing style. Personally, I try to limit the pass to underneath stuff, and don't mind giving up the run a little to most backs. If playing the Vikes though (for instance) I run the 46D most of the game.....That's pretty much how the Jets played last season though..

Anyways, good to see folks are enjoying games, keep the stats and impressions coming (Sacks, split into user controlled and other seem quite important atm). Thanks.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:30 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 8

Ok, I decided to Lower Human Rush D settings: React Time 20(down 10), Block Shedding 35 (down 15 from original post, but only down 5 for me-oops being playing on 40 for a while but forgot to post the change) Tacking 35(down -5). Thinking of possibly making ai react to the pass quicker, but maybe not. Most of the passing yds I get, are from bonehead D calls by the ai.

Played Falcons again, some stats and comments.

JETS 23-10 FALCONS

Passing: ATL: Ryan 16/33/196/0/0 (Lowish comp % because they ran on almost every 1st and 2nd down for a while)
NY: Sanchez 18/33/280/1/1 (included a 65yd screen pass)

Rushing: ATL: Turner 18/42 (really poor stuffed all day)
NY: 27/116 (Mr Consistancy on the day)

Sacks: ATL 3, NY 2 (scewed result, because they both happened on the very last 2 plays of the game...one a nickel back, other a DT , neither controlled by me) I had some pressure on a lot of plays, but no sacks right till the death.

I also had 6 dropped passes in the game, annoying but it happens...

TOP was huge 38.30 against 21.30 for me..

Above game was without the new changes, let me know if you use them how ai rushing goes. Thanks
----------------
Off out very early IRL for medium road trip, be back early evening..
--------------------

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 08-18-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #46
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Just simming for now, but saw 2 things, aside from the low RB2 numbers...

1) Penalties, through 3 preseason games seem low. Are simmed penalties tied into sliders this year? Have not tested.

2) The Colts had 1.5 sacks as a team according to the stat sheet. Robert Mathis had 1.5 sacks in our most recent game (I am the Lions). No one else had a sack or 1/2 sack. Weird!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Do so, let me know how it goes, and post some stats if possible...This btw, is a continuation thread from the older one where most of the earlier testing took place, I had it closed as this is phase two

Further reading from that thread found here
DB- Question about your sliders. Human interceptions at 0 would mean it's harder for the user to pick one off, right? A higher number would mean human players are better at interceptions? I just played Pats (me) vs. Jets (cpu) and picked off Sanchez four times. I think I'm going to bump up the cpu's ability to run because I was stuffing them pretty well. I'll probably increase human rush too. I'm just not that great running the ball. I played a few games with the Pat/Jets and I did notice it seemed like one team was going to dominate early, or come back in the second half. I think it might have been you that mentioned there is some kind of built in tendency of the game to decide if one team is going to have a great day or not?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #48
Rookie

Ruddy Hell's Arena

OVR: 1

Used these sliders I was playing as the Raiders versus Cowboys in the franchise pre-season game, was sort of interesting to be honest and lead me to believe after playing in excess of 30 games using different sliders, these may be the ones.

I won’t necessarily bore you with the stats but Oakland prevailed 38-21, however not everything is as it seems

21 of Oakland’s points came from 2 JLH kick off returns including the opening kick-off and one was a blocked punt in the Dallas end-zone that Routt recovered.

Both running games were solid and Marion Barber was almost unstoppable (123 yards on 13 carries, 1 TD), Felix Jones was no slouch either (78 yards on 14 carries). Run DMC did snap off one 64 yard run after breaking out of two tackles on a sweep, he avoided linemen and linebackers flooring two cornerbacks to break free, got caught from behind though...

Passing was almost reflective, Romo was good, not necessarily great but good leading the Cowgirls up the field on their first possession to hit Witten for a 6, Kitna was garbage and couldn’t hit the side of a barn with a combine harvester. Russell was the same, 7 of 17 for 101 yards; no picks though as you have choose your targets wisely and if a guy isn’t open just throw it away. His accuracy stinks in the game. Garcia was steady and did hit DHB for a 47 yard TD.

Tackle count was good, top tacklers were Morrison and Ware with 4 each but they only played a half. The inability to count assists sucks and blows!

There were 2 sacks from each team, all 4 from the defensive line, no LB’s though (game flaw?), but the ability to pressure the QB and the pocket felt good.

3 Pancakes apiece for the OL however Lorenzo Neal got one of those. What would be a realistic stat for this?

Kitna and Frye both threw a pick and there was one fumble each side, notwithstanding the blocked punt.

I’m not a great player, barely average I think but after the best part of 30 games I may have found my sliders.

I am of the opinion that in a proper fixture (not pre-season) Dallas would have prevailed with both their running and passing game with Oakland putting up a fair fight as the Dallas secondary sucks in the game (so does Russell though) and maybe the Oakland running game will keep them at least competitive.

Thanks for the sliders DB, good call.

B. J. Smith (GTA Vice City)

Last edited by Ruddy Hell; 08-18-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Bloody word document

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »