Home

**Must Read about Sliders**

This is a discussion on **Must Read about Sliders** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Icon4 **Must Read about Sliders**

It's official people, the game hasn't even been out for a week and I'm already in slider hell. Never before has EA released so many different ways we can tweak the game then this year. Instead of just worrying about human and cpu sliders, we now have to worry about threshold and game speed.

Another complication is how much ratings matter this year. As per EA, you can expect a 90 qb to play like a 90 qb, and a 50 qb to play like a 50 qb. Also, with ratings such as short, mid range, and deep ball, it makes it extremely hard to judge sliders.

In theory keeping all the sliders at 50 should give you an even game considering how much ratings matter. But for some reason it's generally way to easy for most people.

Slider editing CAN be realistic and not make you feel like your cheating yourself to get a challenge. Some things such as QB accuracy is unrealistically accurate at 50, so lower it to achieve realistic accuracy.

Another solution is to match CPU sliders with user. If you lower CPU qb accuracy to 30 then lower human to 30. If you feel defenses act way to slow to the pass and raise human reaction to 70 raise cpu reaction to 70. If you make different changes between cpu and human sliders then players will no longer play to their ratings and won't be able to tell a 50 overall RB from a 90.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: **Must Read about Sliders**

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjew887
It's official people, the game hasn't even been out for a week and I'm already in slider hell. Never before has EA released so many different ways we can tweak the game then this year. Instead of just worrying about human and cpu sliders, we now have to worry about threshold and game speed.

Another complication is how much ratings matter this year. As per EA, you can expect a 90 qb to play like a 90 qb, and a 50 qb to play like a 50 qb. Also, with ratings such as short, mid range, and deep ball, it makes it extremely hard to judge sliders.

In theory keeping all the sliders at 50 should give you an even game considering how much ratings matter. But for some reason it's generally way to easy for most people.

Slider editing CAN be realistic and not make you feel like your cheating yourself to get a challenge. Some things such as QB accuracy is unrealistically accurate at 50, so lower it to achieve realistic accuracy.

Another solution is to match CPU sliders with user. If you lower CPU qb accuracy to 30 then lower human to 30. If you feel defenses act way to slow to the pass and raise human reaction to 70 raise cpu reaction to 70. If you make different changes between cpu and human sliders then players will no longer play to their ratings and won't be able to tell a 50 overall RB from a 90.
I have the smae issue, i'm not in hell. I am managing realistic stats and results but just too easy for me atm.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I love the addition of all the new sliders.

I do wish that EA have a few options of premade sliders for us to choose from based on their experiences with the sliders. That would make the game easier to play out of box for most people.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

^That's a good idea right there.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Having more sliders/choices is always a good thing. With so many different skill levels out there, it allows all of us to tune gameplay to meet our specific taste/needs.

The issue I have is with sliders that don't do much of anything, like the pass rush sliders. Maxing out user pass rush and minimizing CPU pass block should theoretically make it very easy for all of us to sack the CPU. Not just the more skilled players using Freeney or Harrison.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »