Home

Interceptions and Pass Reaction

This is a discussion on Interceptions and Pass Reaction within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Interceptions and Pass Reaction

I've seen alot of sliders that are dropping Interceptions like a stone. But isn't that just making the players drop the INTs? I've dropped Pass Reaction for both sides and jacked up INTs and I'm seeing less INTs. Why? Because with lowered pass reaction the DBs and LBs aren't jumping routes or making crazy plays. But on the flip side, if the QB makes a bad play they aren't just going to drop the ball.

Right now I have Pass D reaction at 45 and INTs are 75, for both sides. I'm tempted to put INTs even higher, I'm still seeing too many drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Interceptions and Pass Reaction

your pass reaction d is only 45? that seems high for your theory

the problem is that you can't change the way this game works... sure you can try to minimize the issues, but pass defense is still going to act a certain way thats unrealistic...

in maddens case that is covering too much area too quickly and making an unrealistic number of passes deflected... you can reduce the issue, but you can't get rid of it, its just the way madden is... so to then stop interceptions from becoming ridiculous, INT's have to be knocked down

my reaction speed is at like 40, w/ 0 INT's and I'm still getting at least 1 a game
Old 08-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

How many dropped INTs are you getting per game? And what's your pass rush?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Banned

bill2451's Arena

dropped INT's i'm getting a few, but again imo it is a necessary result of an unrealistic passing defense that can be helped with sliders but can't be fixed

as for pass rush, idk off the top of my head what the sliders at (i'm at work) but I'm getting anywhere from 2-4 sacks a game usually (i'm using the Giants)
Old 08-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
I've seen alot of sliders that are dropping Interceptions like a stone. But isn't that just making the players drop the INTs? I've dropped Pass Reaction for both sides and jacked up INTs and I'm seeing less INTs. Why? Because with lowered pass reaction the DBs and LBs aren't jumping routes or making crazy plays. But on the flip side, if the QB makes a bad play they aren't just going to drop the ball.

Right now I have Pass D reaction at 45 and INTs are 75, for both sides. I'm tempted to put INTs even higher, I'm still seeing too many drops.
By lowering the Pass D reaction time(45), your basically going to get higher scoring games, w/ more yards, and still guaranteed ints(75) every other qtr. Thats not sim to me.
I see defenders dropping at least 2 or 3 ints per game. I like 0 and it doesn't guarantee a pick just b/c they go into a special catch animation. They are supposed to drop passes, thats why they play defense.

I belive PASS D reaction time= AWR, basically your dumbing down the secondary guys vs. 0 int slider, which you'll actually get a more realistic ratio for defensive guys dropping passes vs. catching them like Asante Samuel every game!

Last edited by dfos81; 08-17-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »