Home

Caught between All-Pro and All-Madden?

This is a discussion on Caught between All-Pro and All-Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Caught between All-Pro and All-Madden?

So, I am facing a bit of a situation with Madden 10. Really like the game but I can't find a "sweet spot" for difficulty.

I play on All-Pro and I complete 65-70% of my passes, run for over 100 yards every game (some 200-plus games, too) and average over 4.5 ypc. Defensively, I smash the run and hold my own against the pass and pick up some sacks. I win 85-90% of the games I play by more than 2 touchdowns.

When I bump up to All-Madden, things go haywire. CPU sends the all-out-blitz at me, shuts down my run game (can't crack 3 ypc) and I hardly ever get a sack.

So, it looks like Custom may be the way to go. I don't want to start fiddling with every sub-slider (I'm really anti-slider as it is), but would be OK changing the main 4.

Should I bump everything up to 12, 13 or 14?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Caught between All-Pro and All-Madden?

Try the NFL Simulation Sliders, I think they'll be right up your alley.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I know you are against custom sliders but they really are the way to go.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
So, I am facing a bit of a situation with Madden 10. Really like the game but I can't find a "sweet spot" for difficulty.

I play on All-Pro and I complete 65-70% of my passes, run for over 100 yards every game (some 200-plus games, too) and average over 4.5 ypc. Defensively, I smash the run and hold my own against the pass and pick up some sacks. I win 85-90% of the games I play by more than 2 touchdowns.

When I bump up to All-Madden, things go haywire. CPU sends the all-out-blitz at me, shuts down my run game (can't crack 3 ypc) and I hardly ever get a sack.

So, it looks like Custom may be the way to go. I don't want to start fiddling with every sub-slider (I'm really anti-slider as it is), but would be OK changing the main 4.

Should I bump everything up to 12, 13 or 14?

Do yourself a favor and just find some solid sliders and play the game. Otherwise, you'll never finish a season if you search for perfect settings.

The game doesn't allow any slider(s) sets to make it perfect

I'm actually amazed people are still tweaking sliders even to this day.....i got burnt out from Madden sliders way back in October before finally just playing the game and enjoying it.

In the future EA should have a code in the game for Casual Play Mode and SIM Style Mode......

That way it would atleast allow more gammers to just pick up the game and play without dicking around with sliders for months

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Do yourself a favor and just find some solid sliders and play the game. Otherwise, you'll never finish a season if you search for perfect settings.

The game doesn't allow any slider(s) sets to make it perfect

I'm actually amazed people are still tweaking sliders even to this day.....i got burnt out from Madden sliders way back in October before finally just playing the game and enjoying it.

In the future EA should have a code in the game for Casual Play Mode and SIM Style Mode......

That way it would atleast allow more gammers to just pick up the game and play without dicking around with sliders for months
Playmakers, the reason I haven't found a set of sliders is b/c I've just been using the pre-set ones since the game dropped. That, and I've divided my time between this game and a handful of others, so I don't play this game every day.

I started off with MySkill and enjoyed that until my IQ got too high and my RBs would fumble 4-plus times a game, WRs would drop every pass and my line wouldn't block. And that's just on offense. On defense, forget about making a tackle after your IQ gets over 620.

I played 2 seasons with the Lions using MySkill before trying All-Madden and All-Pro. I settled on All-Pro (lesser of 2 evils) and am 6-2 with the Giants. I'm not abandoning my franchise, but I do want to change the difficulty up a little. The pace I'm going now, Jacobs will be well over 2,000 yards.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Try the NFL Simulation Sliders, I think they'll be right up your alley.
Valdarez, I checked your sliders out and they do sound promising. I'll plug the numbers in and run a couple of exhibition games to see what I think before changing my franchise sliders. Thanks for the tip.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Playmakers, the reason I haven't found a set of sliders is b/c I've just been using the pre-set ones since the game dropped. That, and I've divided my time between this game and a handful of others, so I don't play this game every day.
Same here. I'm actually just now playing Unchartered 1 right now (finished Chapter 15 last night), and I have invested some serious time into Dragon Age, Brutal Legend, and probably half a dozen other games since I got Madden. When I do play it though, I tend to play a full season fairly quickly. So, I'm sporadic with it, but when I play it, I typically play it solid. It's the only way I can test the sliders.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Valdarez, I checked your sliders out and they do sound promising. I'll plug the numbers in and run a couple of exhibition games to see what I think before changing my franchise sliders. Thanks for the tip.
Just wanted to say sliders are the way to go and there are some solid ones here for sure. When picking a set I would recommend finding ones that match what you like for gamespeed. They are all nicely pointed out at the top of the thread so you can see which speed each one is at.

Also wanted to mention that if you go into exhibition and test sliders you will not get the same results when playing in your franchise. There is a difference in how the sliders affect gameplay in play now vs franchise, don't ask me why. When testing just write down what your slides are at then test someone elses out while you are in your franchise, and don't save until you get what you are looking for. Anyway hope that helps ya out a little, but for sure custom is the way to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »