Home

NFL on FOX: Final Sliders

This is a discussion on NFL on FOX: Final Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NFL on FOX: Final Sliders

This is my first game with these sliders. I wanted 2 find some sliders that would allow me 2 play 15 minute quarters like real life but still have realistic stats. Ill let u read my stats then talk about em afterwards. I was playing as the San Diego Chargers against the Oakland Raiders:

San Diego Chargers
Total Offense: 287 yards
Rushing Yards: 106 yards
Passing Yards: 181 yards
First Downs: 16
Turnovers: 2
Penalties: 2 for 20 yards

Oakland Raiders
Total Offense: 266
Rushing Yards: 95 yards
Passing Yards: 171 yards
First Downs: 10
Turnovers: 3
Penalties: 5 for 49 yards

Player Stats

San Diego Chargers
Phillip Rivers: 12 for 38, 184 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
LaDainian Tomlinson: 19 attempts, 56 yards
Darren Sproles: 6 attempts, 42 yards, 3 receptions, 32 yards
Antonio Gates: 4 receptions, 30 yards
Chris Chambers: 1 reception, 33 yards, 1 TD

Vincent Jackson: 1 reception, 27 yards

Oakland Raiders
JaMarcus Russell: 16 for 39, 187 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
Darren McFadden: 25 attempts, 68 yards
Michael Bush: 11 attempts, 35 yards
Darrius Heyward-Bay: 4 receptions, 56 yards
Zach Miller: 2 receptions, 35 yards

Defense

The Raiders sacked me twice, and I also got 1 sack. My concern with running 15 minute quarters was gonna be that any one player would have a rediculous amount of tackles which was not the case. The most on my team was 8 and the most on the Raiders was 6. So it was pretty spread out.

Injuries

McFadden was hurt twice in the game but came back both times as u can see from his carries. Nnamdi there corner also was out for the last 2 quarters.

BOTTOM LINE

It was a fairly even game. Very competitive although the punters were busy with 14 punts between the 2 of them. It was hard 2 find running room with LT cause he just doesnt have that burst of speed in the game like he used 2. Sproles felt in the game like he should as he was jukin guys left and right. My only gripe with these sliders is the lack of accuracy for the QB beyond 10 yards. There is no way in hell u can throw a pass past the first down marker. I had guys wide open on slants and Rivers was throwin 5 yards away from them. He is one of the most accurate QBs in the game so this shouldnt happin. The only reason Chambers had a TD in the game was because I was throwin the ball to Gates on a cut to the left and Rivers way overthrew him right in the area of Chambers. I couldnt hit my main recievers for anything. Accuracy needs 2 be worked on a little bit but it is actually really good. It was fun 2 watch JaMarcus throw like he does in real life... Terrible. lol

FINAL SCORE

San Diego Chargers 17 - Oakland Raiders 16
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #66
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTurner37
This is my first game with these sliders. I wanted 2 find some sliders that would allow me 2 play 15 minute quarters like real life but still have realistic stats. Ill let u read my stats then talk about em afterwards. I was playing as the San Diego Chargers against the Oakland Raiders:

San Diego Chargers
Total Offense: 287 yards
Rushing Yards: 106 yards
Passing Yards: 181 yards
First Downs: 16
Turnovers: 2
Penalties: 2 for 20 yards

Oakland Raiders
Total Offense: 266
Rushing Yards: 95 yards
Passing Yards: 171 yards
Penalties: 5 for 49 yards

Player Stats

San Diego Chargers
Phillip Rivers: 12 for 38, 184 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
LaDainian Tomlinson: 19 attempts, 56 yards
Darren Sproles: 6 attempts, 42 yards, 3 receptions, 32 yards
Antonio Gates: 4 receptions, 30 yards
Chris Chambers: 1 reception, 33 yards, 1 TD

Vincent Jackson: 1 reception, 27 yards

Oakland Raiders
JaMarcus Russell: 16 for 39, 187 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
Darren McFadden: 25 attempts, 68 yards
Michael Bush: 11 attempts, 35 yards
Darrius Heyward-Bay: 4 receptions, 56 yards
Zach Miller: 2 receptions, 35 yards

Defense

The Raiders sacked me twice, and I also got 1 sack. My concern with running 15 minute quarters was gonna be that any one player would have a rediculous amount of tackles which was not the case. The most on my team was 8 and the most on the Raiders was 6. So it was pretty spread out.

Injuries

McFadden was hurt twice in the game but came back both times as u can see from his carries. Nnamdi there corner also was out for the last 2 quarters.

BOTTOM LINE

It was a fairly even game. Very competitive although the punters were busy with 14 punts between the 2 of them. It was hard 2 find running room with LT cause he just doesnt have that burst of speed in the game like he used 2. Sproles felt in the game like he should as he was jukin guys left and right. My only gripe with these sliders is the lack of accuracy for the QB beyond 10 yards. There is no way in hell u can throw a pass past the first down marker. I had guys wide open on slants and Rivers was throwin 5 yards away from them. He is one of the most accurate QBs in the game so this shouldnt happin. The only reason Chambers had a TD in the game was because I was throwin the ball to Gates on a cut to the left and Rivers way overthrew him right in the area of Chambers. I couldnt hit my main recievers for anything. Accuracy needs 2 be worked on a little bit but it is actually really good. It was fun 2 watch JaMarcus throw like he does in real life... Terrible. lol

FINAL SCORE

San Diego Chargers 17 - Oakland Raiders 16
Thanks for posting your game stats. Now I've tested well over 60 games with these and I didnt have much of a problem completing deep,medium or short passes and I use the TEXANS so Matt Schuab isnt the greatest quarterback either. Again it all depends on someones opinion I guess who they think should be completing all the passes. I really liked the outcome of your game it looks like a pretty reaslistic score to me. What fun would it be if you completed passes all the time? I think with these SLIDERS the completions will vary from game to game but dont give up just yet. I would just like to also say if you read some of the other post a few pages back these guys are really not having problems completing passes. I said yesterday you half to play smart against the CPU,you just cant force the ball in or you half to get some kind of running game going before you get any kind of passing game going. If you PASS more than you RUN there probably will be more INT's for some guys.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #67
Rookie

Yeah I understand what ur sayin and i deffinitly like your sliders. They will be the ones I use from now on. I just dont like how sometimes ill just stand in the pocket and throw to a wide open Darren Sproles who is only 5 yards in front of me and I miss him by an extra 5 yards. It gets frustrating sometimes. I read every post before mine so I know whats been goin on and Ive seen this creep up before with the guy who used Eli and only completed 6 passes. I guess its really goes game to game on if ur QB decides to throw anywhere near the receiver or not. Might bump up the accuracy 1 or 2 clicks but not much cause I do like the fact that im not completing 80% of my passes. Ill post another game here soon with the same exact teams so we can compare.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #68
Rookie

These are great sliders, used them for the last 2 games and have gotten some great games.

I agree about the dropped passing and I had to change it because it was ridiculous I had 5 drops in just the first half. So I bumped it up to 40 and it is perfect. They make the catches they are supposed to make and drop the ones that are harder to make.

With a few little tweaks here and there these are by the far the best sliders I have used.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Re: NFL on FOX: Final Sliders

Yeah, BTurner, that game I had with Eli was TERRIBLE. I was doing a Franchise with the Giants, but now I have decided to start one all over again with the Eagles. (I got bored of the gMen.) So, i'll try and stick with the Eagles for the entire season. I will post the stats from the first couple of games on here as I did for the Giants games. First Up, Carolina hosts the E-A-G-L-E-S.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

Alright, I just attempted to start a Franchise with the Eagles and McNabb started the game off 0-8 for about 8 of those passes being on target, just dropped by the open receiver. So, IDK what it is .. but here we have yet another example of the passing game within these sliders being COMPLETELY unrealistic. What should I do?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #71
Rookie

Bump Player skill WR catching to 40 and it should be good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #72
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

So I am very happy that I saved over my Browns franchise earlier. I picked them because I'm a ND fan and I wanted to build Brady Quinn up to be one of the top QB's, but my running style did not allow for me to be good with Lewis as my HB. I have continued to play on my 49ers franchise and I am loving it! Nate Davis is my starter (all 3 have about equal stats, and he is the cheapest in the long run). Also, I love Frank Gore. I like to juke and spin rather than pound somebody in the face and hope they don't get me and this is exactly what I was looking for. Also, Crabtree is a beast and is averaging almost 100 yds/game. Here are the stats from my games.

Seahawks (CPU) @ 49ers (Me)
Final Score: 49ers 28 - Seahawks 18

Team Game Stats
San Francisco -
Total Offense: 390
Rushing Yards: 132
Passing Yards 258
First Downs: 17
PR Yards: 16
KR Yards: 129
Total Yards: 535
Turnovers: 1
3rd Down Conv.: 5-13 (38%)
4th Down Conv.: 2-2 (100%)
2-Pt Conv.: 0-0 (0%)
Red Zone %: 3-4 (75%)
Red Zone TD: 3
Re Zone FG: 0
Penalties: 0-0
TOP: 32:10

Seattle -
Total Offense: 287
Rushing Yards: 124
Passing Yards 163
PR Yards: 0
KR Yards: 130
Total Yards: 417
3rd Down Conv.: 2-10 (20%)
4th Down Conv.: 0-0 (0%)
2-Pt Conv.: 1-1 (100%)
Red Zone %: 1-1 (100%)
Red Zone TD: 0
Re Zone FG: 1
Penalties: 1-15
TOP: 15:50

Passing

N. Davis - 19 for 27, 266 Yds, 2 TD, 1 INT
M. Hasselbeck - 13 for 27, 181 Yds, 3 INT

Rushing
F. Gore - 31 Carries, 114 Yds, 1 TD
G. Coffee - 5 Carries, 18 Yds, 1 TD
J. Jones - 13 Carries, 116 Yds, 1 TD

Receiving
M. Crabtree - 6 Rec, 125 Yds, 1 TDV. Davis - 3 Rec, 46 Yds, 1 TD
D. Branch - 3 REc, 58 Yds
N. Burleson - 3 REc, 20 Yds
T. Whosyomama - 3 Rec, 47 Yds

Defense
P. Willis - 6 Solo, 1 Ast, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
P. Haralson - 5 Solo
N. Clements - 2 Solo, 1 Ast, 2 INT
D. Bly - 1 Solo, 1 Ast, 1 INT
L. Tatupu - 6 Solo, 4 Ast, 1 INT (Returned 81 Yds for a TD)
P. Kerney - 6 Solo, 2 Ast, 1 Sack

Kicking
J. Nedney - 0 for 0
O. Mare - 1 for 1 (37 Yds)

Great game. Hasselbeck threw three picks and just didn't have it together. I gave up 6 on an 81 yd INT and Julius Jones broke out of a 3 man tackle to break an 86 yd TD run, so all in all I played pretty well.
__________________________________________________ _____
Favre-less Vikings were a pretty easy matchup, despite be becoming overly-confident with Nate Davis.

49ers (Me) @ Vikings (CPU)
Final Score: 49ers 25 - Vikings 17

Team Game Stats
San Francisco -
Total Offense: 347
Rushing Yards: 181
Passing Yards 166
First Downs: 19
PR Yards: 79
KR Yards: 55
Total Yards: 481
Turnovers: 4
3rd Down Conv.: 7-16 (43%)
4th Down Conv.: 0-1 (0%)
Red Zone %: 3-6 (50%)
Red Zone TD: 1
Re Zone FG: 2
Penalties: 2-15
TOP: 32:17

Minnesota -
Total Offense: 218
Rushing Yards: 65
Passing Yards 153
First Downs: 8
KR Yards: 152
Total Yards: 370
3rd Down Conv.: 4-13 (30%)
4th Down Conv.: 1-3 (33%)
Red Zone %: 2-2 (100%)
Red Zone TD:2
Penalties: 3-28
TOP: 15:43

Passing

N. Davis - 17 for 28, 198 Yds, 1 TD, 4 INT
T. Jackson - 11 for 29, 181 Yds, 2 TD, 2 INT

Rushing

F. Gore - 31 Carries, 123 Yds
G. Coffee - 6 Carries, 47 Yds, 1 TD
A. Peterson - 19 Carries, 63 Yds

Receiving
J. Morgan - 5 Rec, 55 Yds
M. Crabtree - 4 Rec, 67 Yds
B. Jones - 1 Rec, 3 Yds, 1 TD
S. Rice - 3 Rec, 42 Yds
B. Wade - 2 Rec, 19 Yds, 1 TD
V. Shiancoe - 2 Rec 16 Yds, 1 TD

Defense
I. Sopoaga - 5 Solo
P. Willis - 4 Solo, 1 Ast, 1 TFL
S. Smith - 4 Solo, 1 Sack, 1 INT
P. Haralson - 1 Solo, 1 Ast, 1 Sack
D. Bly - 1 INT
C. Greenway - 10 SOlo, 4 Ast, 5 TFL, 3 Sack, 1 INT
K. Williams - 8 Solo, 2 Ast, 3 TFL
J. Brinkley - 6 Solo, 3 Ast, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
T. Johson - 4 Solo, 3 Ast, 1 INT
A. Winfield - 4 Solo, 3 Ast, 1 INT

Kicking
J. Nedney - 3 for 3 (27, 30, 47 Yds)
R. Longwell - 1 for 1 (52 Yds)

With Favre out for the game, all I had to focus on was shutting down AP and that was not all too tough. I also have been trying to just pound the ball on offense with Gore so the opposition doesn't have much time to put up any points, and that worked here as well.
Another easy game in the schedule. Bulger was out, and Jackson went down with a Herniated Disk in the 1st quarter.

Rams (CPU) @ 49ers (Me)
Final Score: 49ers 35 - Rams 10

Team Game Stats
San Francisco -
Total Offense: 286
Rushing Yards: 118
Passing Yards 168
First Downs: 17
PR Yards: 42
KR Yards: 66
Total Yards: 394
Turnovers: 0
3rd Down Conv.: 7-15 (46%)
Red Zone %: 4-4 (100%)
Red Zone TD: 4
Penalties: 0-0
TOP: 31:22

St. Louis -
Total Offense: 284
Rushing Yards: 49
Passing Yards 235
First Downs: 12
KR Yards: 142
Total Yards: 426
Turnovers: 4
3rd Down Conv.: 1-9 (11%)
Red Zone %: 0-0 (0%)
Red Zone TD:0
Penalties: 2-25
TOP: 16:38

Passing

N. Davis - 18 for 29, 195 Yds, 1 TD
K. Boller - 18 for 37, 250 Yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

Rushing

F. Gore - 30 Carries, 107 Yds, 2 TD
G. Coffee - 5 Carries, 11 Yds, 1 TD
S. Gado - 9 Carries, 17 Yds
S. Jackson - 5 Carries, 35 Yds

ReceivingM. Crabtree - 6 Rec, 94 Yds
V. Davis - 5 Rec, 40 Yds
I. Bruce - 3 Rec, 30 Yds, 1 TD - Now has over 5,000 Career Recieving yards!
L. Robinson - 5 Rec, 80 Yds, 1 TD
K. Burton - 3 Rec, 43 Yds
R. McMichael - 3 Rec, 32 Yds

Defense
P. Haralson - 5 Solo, 2 TFL
P Willis - 4 Solo
I. Sopoaga - 2 Solo, 2 Sack
N. Clements - 1 INT
C. Long - 9 Solo, 3 Ast, 5 TFL, 3 Sacks
J. Laurinaitis -
4 Solo, 2 Ast, 2 TFL
W. Witherspoon - 4 Solo, 3 Ast, 1 TFL, 1 Sack

Kicking
J. Nedney - 0 for 1
J. Brown - 1 for 1 (48 Yds)

Rainy game against the Rams, and not even their good players. An easy victory, should have been 35-3 but I didn't run the clock out because I wanted to try to get Crabtree a TD (They scored with 0:09 on the clock).

The 49ers are looking pretty unstoppable, but their schedule is pretty soft, AND I'ved played two teams now missing their starting QB's. Also, S. Jackson for the Rams is pretty much their only good player and he was torching me before he went down with that back injury.

About the QB Accuracy Issue: Is your QB on the move at all? Even if you are barely moving with the QB, it counts as your "Throw on the Run" stat and most players accuracy goes drasticly down. I havent had any issues with dropped passes either. Sometimes they drop catches they should easily make, but if they did then the stats, etc. would be skewed. Same thing with picks. Chalk it up to a batted ball rather than a missed pick.

P. Rivers -
Short Acc: 97
Med. Acc: 94
Deep Acc: 79
Throw on the Run:64
This could be part of the problems with his accuracy.

Last edited by nolan887; 09-16-2009 at 03:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »