Home

The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

This is a discussion on The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The famous Versuz2 sliders (along with some speed threshold theory)

They have the best feel of any slider set I've tried so far...but they're just too easy.

Beat the Bills 29-14 with the Rams. Trent Edwards threw 4 picks but still completed over 66% of his passes (for awhile he was hovering around 50%, but he had a crazy drive of 10 straight completions when the game was basically out of reach, which is not entirely unrealistic). They couldn't run worth a damn, Marshawn had an average around 1.4 (mind you, I had fatigue set at 100, which may have affected this). Finished with zero sacks (again, fatigue may have been a factor) and once again, the flats were just too easy to exploit.

Pro is by far the most realistic level, but the shoddy CPU AI just can't make it work, unfortunately.

EDIT: After seeing some of the other results, I'm probably going to give these a second chance. If these are the type of sliders that can be really easy one game, and kick your *** the next, that would be ideal.

Last edited by ianlast; 08-19-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #18
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

the "human sliders on pro bring out the pure ratings" theory is a nice one, but that's assuming the sliders effect the players, and not the actual game engine...

from everything i've tested, this is not the case... for example, Pass Blocking and Pass Rush do not combine when engaged in a block to alter the ability to get out of a block... the ability to become unblocked once engaged in a block is purely effected by the Pass Rush slider... the Pass Block slider has no effect in the block once the animation is engaged

The Pass Block slider literally effects the game engine by triggering animations for blocks (the higher the slider the more "suction blocking")

the Pass Block slider creates the situation based on the game engine by triggering the animation, and the Pass Rush slider effects the ratings to determine an outcome of that situation

so according to the Pro = true ratings theory, Pass Rush should stay at 50, but Pass Block should be at a level that makes the animation engine more realistic

if you want to test this theory for yourself, go into practice and play as a good DE... set the CPU pass block to 0 and human pass rush to 0... notice how hard it is to get out of the block once it is engaged... now set the CPU Pass Block to 100 and the human Pass Rush to 100, notice that one simple move of the right still (forward is often most effective for DE's) will often be enough to get you off a block once it is engaged

that is because Pass Block has no effect once the block is engaged... it is all about Pass Rush

you can even reverse this scenario and play QB... set your Pass Block to 0 and with the AI rushing 4 set their Pass Rush to 0... look how much time you have in the pocket

now set your pass block to 100 and their Pass Rush to 100 and have them rush 4 again... notice on average the pressure is SO MUCH greater
Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

I don't like putting the speed threshold above 50 because it effectively changes what the NFL is supposed to be about - player speed differences meaning something.

I don't want slow MLBs being able to keep up with speedy slot WRs.

I want the Deangelo Williams and guys like him to be able to break big runs once in awhile.

Speed threshold at 75 may give you the score you want, but it's a cheat IMO.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #20
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, so far for me after a little after the 1st quarter with the game being competitive at least at 14-14 (I'm playing the Ravens and I'm the Chiefs) the passing game on both sides is unrealistic.

Joe Flacco is 7-8 127 yards, which I could live with because the Chiefs defense is bad. I can't live with Brodie Croyle being 14-16 180 yards and a TD against one of the best defenses in the league.

Slow speed and threshold at 75. I don't consider myself a good player by any means either, so kind of shocked that nobody else is finding the passing to be incredibly simple.

The brightside is that I'm at least having trouble running the ball.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

i like these, but i changed my skill to All Pro to make it more difficult. i'm having some real close games now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #22
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

Im playing the Vikings as the Texans...so far Peterson cant run on me. running the replays it looks like my guys are just shedding tackles fast and their pursuit is very good.

now im not saying this is unrealistic but from last game (jets vs dolphins) where i held miami to 36yds to this game so far, the CPU running game looks awful. other than that, the sliders are solid.

i guess i can turn down user run block shed and keep everything the same.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
i like these, but i changed my skill to All Pro to make it more difficult. i'm having some real close games now.
That sounds like a good adjustment.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 08-19-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pro... everything at 100. Speed: fast Threshold 40. Fatigue 73. 12 min. 15 sec acceleration.

Pats (me) v Jets. Won 31 to 29

Total Yards
Pats: 324
Jets: 295

Pass:
Pats 259, 75% completion 3 TD, 2 INT
Jets: 199, 73% completion 3 TD, 3 INT

Rush
Pats: 65
Jets: 96

I've messed with these a couple ways and it seems like the passing is always too easy, while the running is too stiff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »