Home

Sm27's Madden Manifesto for 2010, a preview...

This is a discussion on Sm27's Madden Manifesto for 2010, a preview... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Sm27's Madden Manifesto for 2010, a preview...

Hey SM, good to see you man. Unfortunately I can't put in the time to help out, like we tried back in 06 with NCAA and Madden after the original manifesto. I may be able to get some games in, CPU vs CPU, if you want to go that direction again. Let me know man, still got your cell number in my phone actually! take care, later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #26
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm ready. When do we roll, sm27?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sm27 -- good to hear from you. Keep it simple, willya?

; )

- Irons
Old 08-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

SM27..............I just saw you in my hotmail contacts.....I was L_Burn 'em from over at MM. I used to play the mess out of the game everytime the sliders were given out. Took a lot of effort to get the game right, but it was still probably the best to play. EASY.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #29
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Sm27 and fellow "Manifesto" supporters,

I've been reading pretty much everything on the forums (don't have my new TV and PS3 yet, soo...)

It seems like the CPU D is calling a lot of blitzes, making it easy to exploit with a dump off to the flat...

Hopefully, all the Coach Philosophy sliders work and that can be affected with lowering the D aggressiveness slider...

The sim stats seem to divide carries for the backs, but the second HB has low YPC...probably a ratings issue...might be fixed with the first patch...

Also, rushing TDs are low...

Would it be be a good idea to compile a list of 'issues' that "The Manifesto 10" could correct or influence?

Or do you already have something like that in progress?

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #30
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

imo it's not the number of blitzes that is a problem, simply the type of blitz... they send the house way too often, and most of the time get burned by it

I love when they blitz, and I like their aggressive play calling this year (cpu actually going deep, awesome), i just hate that they often dont play smart and pick stupid plays that I beat them on time and time again... stop sending everyone on a blitz and so many problems would be solved
Old 08-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
imo it's not the number of blitzes that is a problem, simply the type of blitz... they send the house way too often, and most of the time get burned by it

I love when they blitz, and I like their aggressive play calling this year (cpu actually going deep, awesome), i just hate that they often dont play smart and pick stupid plays that I beat them on time and time again... stop sending everyone on a blitz and so many problems would be solved
Agreed totally No.1 priority. Has to be.

My latest example (and there are countless) 3rd and 17 in a close game 4th q -I'm leading by 1(I just got sacked trying to call honest plays). I can do 3 things.

Run then punt.

Go Max protect and heave one deep, (but I reckon that's 100% sack likelihood -the ai's defenders run the duracell bunnies when pass rushing in this game, mine never had any batteries in them from the start- it's a one man pass rush every time, the guy I'm controlling)

Or call a screen. And it hurts me to do so, because even though it's the only sensible call, it will work. And of course they send 7 men, not one for all their incredible pass rushing skills, notices my entire Oline (minus the LT) drifting mysteriously to the right ("Hey where are those guys going? Who cares, I'm rushing the QB.")

Back catches, jukes a man, and goes 78 yds to the house. I feel like I've cheated (but I'm not going to start calling mad plays to lose on purpose).

This must be eridicated. I'm astounded this got through testing. It's like the ai D play calling is done by an 8yr old, who's just discovered the blitz, and what fun it can be. And does it every...single...time...

I'm actually loathe to start a franchise until this in particular is fixed, however good I or anyone else makes a slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #32
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

The list is a good idea, the gurus will probably want to get the gameplay right before addressing sim stats. If I remember right the Manifesto was quite the process, so "Getcha' popcorn ready".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »