Home

Sliders that take into account Player ratings

This is a discussion on Sliders that take into account Player ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:45 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Sliders that take into account Player ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3bron
Any way I can get that set until this new one comes out?
There under playmakers sliders
Old 08-20-2009, 03:58 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Sorry fellas this won't be a slider thread. Once I'm done I'll post the sliders based on the ratings avg in my slider thread. I just want use this thread to show how the ratings could be handled with sliders.

back on topic the avg pass Rush moves for the Defensive Front 7 (DE's, DT's and LB's) avg out to 97.6 That is probably why some guys have pointed out already that the pass rush gets a little better at 100 Pass Rush

But I'm not going to make it 100 because there was no player in the game rated at 100 overall in pass rush moves.

The avg overall when you include the secondary because teams love to disguise blitzes with CB's and S's is 86.25 overall. So, I'll probably go with the higher avg

That would be Pass Rush at 95 vs CPU Pass Blk at 55....to me that seems very fair unless the avg Pass Reaction time for Human is set high. I haven't avg out the awareness and play recognition ratings yet.

The CPU gets the lower ratings because most likely they'll have the higher setting for Pass Reaction Time. Their avg was 30.41 which included the entire defense. Since the CPU blitzes a lot in this year game they will get the overall ratings of the entire defense as unit.

That would put CPU Pass rush at 30 vs Human Pass Block at 65 (67.8) was overall avg of OL by themselves.

Now if you want to stick with the Slider values you'd round up on the Pass Blck slider 67.8 = 70

QBA-20 (17 avg) rounded up
PASS BLK-70 (67.8 avg) rounded up
WR Catch-35 (34 avg) rounded up

Your total slider value is 175 which matches up perfectly with the 25/50/75/100 ratio.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-20-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:07 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Sorry fellas this won't be a slider thread. Once I'm done I'll post the sliders based on the ratings avg in my slider thread. I just want use this thread to show how the ratings could be handled with sliders.

back on topic the avg pass Rush moves for the Defensive Front 7 (DE's, DT's and LB's) avg out to 97.6 That is probably why some guys have pointed out already that the pass rush gets a little better at 100 Pass Rush

But I'm not going to make it 100 because there was no player in the game rated at 100 overall in pass rush moves.

The avg overall when you include the secondary because teams love to disguise blitzes with CB's and S's is 86.25 overall. So, I'll probably go with the higher avg

That would be Pass Rush at 95 vs CPU Pass Blk at 55....to me that seems very fair unless the avg Pass Reaction time for Human is set high. I haven't avg out the awareness and play recognition ratings yet.

The CPU gets the lower ratings because most likely they'll have the higher setting for Pass Reaction Time. Their avg was 30.41 which included the entire defense. Since the CPU blitzes a lot in this year game they will get the overall ratings of the entire defense as unit.

That would put CPU Pass rush at 30 vs Human Pass Block at 65 (67.8) was overall avg of OL by themselves.

Now if you want to stick with the Slider values you'd round up on the Pass Blck slider 67.8 = 70

QBA-20 (17 avg) rounded up
PASS BLK-70 (67.8 avg) rounded up
WR Catch-35 (34 avg) rounded up

Your total slider value is 175 which matches up perfectly with the 25/50/75/100 ratio.
Cool maybe Thursday /Friday then ?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry to have derailed this for a moment there. Thanks for the hard work. I'm excited to see the final results.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

I'll have most it finished. But I'm going to play a few games before posting them and sharing with the community.

I probably won't get to the fatigue and special teams until Thursday night (I live in Phoenix)

It's interesting to see that the Pass Rush and Shed Blk ratings for the CPU both turned out to be 30.

INT/CPU Catch Ratings for defense was 23. Now if you round down it would be 20 and Pass Rush would be 30

It will be intersting to see how they rated in Pass Reaction because currently I used it at 100 before recently dropping it down to 90.

But just from looking at the values

Pass Reaction-100
INT-20
Pass Rush-30

That is again 150 overall ......There is no player in the game with 100 awareness I think 99 is the highest. But that would be something if they turn out to have a high reaction rating because I know some people don't like the CPU being that aware.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-20-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
I'll have most it finished. But I'm going to play a few games before posting them and sharing with the community.

I probably won't get to the fatigue and special teams until Thursday night (I live in Phoenix)
yep I didnt wanna be a jerk Im in IL 3:30 am but im a latenighter cant wait , if not your 2nd ones are still great !
Thanks from all of us !
Old 08-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
WOW!

I did the exact same thing becuase i'm going to round up or down depending on the overall total value of the slider I want.

50 points allocated to the Human/CPU Passing game seems perfect because the actual overall slider value is 50.

Now when I figure out the avg rating for Pass BLk if it turns out that it is close to 65 then I for sure I'm on the right track.

15-QB
35-WR
65-Pass BLK

That's 100 points of slider value

Hopefully I'm right or close
Not sure i'm following you, but 15+35+65=115 not 100
But maybe that's not what you meant.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
you are on to something bro, fumble at 50 is perfect...Not too many and not too few....
I finished up the offense and defense ratings

The last ratings ended up this way.

For Pass Reaction and Rush Reaction the CPU overall avg was (97.4)but I rounded down 95. That was compromised again of the highest rated players at every defensive posistion in Awareness and Play Recognition.

INT avg out to 23 for the lowest rated players on defense for catch ratings. I rounded down to 20

I will do special teams and fatigue this evening after work. The main reason why the CPU got the highest avg in Reaction time is because that is the glue behind their defense. I don't try to take the fun out the game but I consider myself an above player and for me the CPU has to be able react and adjust in order for me to enjoy the game.

Out of the box the Human controlled CPU players always seem to have huge advantage over the AI players and I think it's because EA doesn't spend enough time on game play. So they give us sliders to manipulate.

Anyway I strayed just a little on the overall avg and and either increased the actual rating or decreased it depending on how I felt it would respond during game play. I've only played on Normal so far and will alter the ratings just a little on the other speeds because i noticed last night some settings don't react the same mainly on the slower speed levels.

As it stands right now the avg's came out this way in a slider format

pass offense
15/15......Rounded down from 17.8
75/75......Rounded up from 67.8 and gave an additional 5 pt's to adjust to the Pass Rush speed on Normal
35/35......rounded up from 34

run offense
30/30.........rounded down from 31.0 avg
100/100......lowest avg was actually 63.8 for all posistions. But both sides needed the shot in the arm for run blk so i utilized the OL only which was at around 96 avg and i just rounded up
45/45.........avg out to 49.1 but i had to round down because of the slider value overall 175 between the 3 running sliders

pass defense
5/95...........avg for lowest players was 30 but i strayed becuse of the qba slider being low. if it was up high then human would get the 30 avg and cpu keeps the 95 avg from the highest rated defenders at each position
20/20...........again this was avg out to be 23 and with the extra protection in the passing the game it felt pretty good not a lot picks so far
100/35.........human got highest overall from each posistion for obvious reasons. CPU got the lowest which actually was at 31.3 but i rounded up for them to make it fair in the overall slider value

run defense
0/95.....same as Pass reaction slider was rated
30/30....avg was at 34 but i rounded down to help both sides get enough running room
45/45....this was very surprising and both sides got the avg of the lowest rated players on defense.

If you have questions about ratings I'll answer but all slider stats should go in my slider thread.

Again I will do ratings avg for special teams and fatigue this evening

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »