Home

Sliders that take into account Player ratings

This is a discussion on Sliders that take into account Player ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Sliders that take into account Player ratings

I know this sounds crazy but some how the way the players are rated seems like it ties into the sliders from speed to catching to tackling.

I've been studying this for the past few days and there are some relative ratings within the game that are directly tied into the Sliders.

Some sliders like QBA has no rating but there is a percentage tied around it based on the WR catch slider. Now I've never done this with any Madden game but I've had great success using ratings in EA's basketball games to get realistic sliders.

In there football games I"ve always used slider percentages and tied them together to get a solid playing football game.

So for the 1st time ever I'm going to try and link the ratings in the game and translate them over to the sliders.

For example WR Catch Slider.

I used all of the skills players RB, FB, WR and TE. I then take the lowest rated players at each one of those positions and come up with an avg using the Catch Ratings, SPC Ratings and CIT Ratings.

The Avg was 34

I did the same thing for passing but this time I factored in not just QB's but RB's and WR's since teams are using the Wildcat Offense.

I utilized each of the 5 passing ratings catagories

Accuarcy
Short Accuarcy
Medium Accuarcy
Deep Accuarcy
Throw on the Run Accuarcy

The avg was 17

Now keep in mind when I created sliders I didn't use this approach at all. But when you look at my sliders and the results after 3 revisions you'll notice that the QBA and WR Catch settings have been very close to these exact settings based on the avg's I just posted.

Another example of the player ratings that I found very interesting was at QB, RB, FB, WR at TE.

There is no BRK Tackle rating in the game. But there is a Trucking rating assigned to each player. That rating is very similiar to BRK Tackle ability. After observing this the lowest rating for a RB was 33assigned to Lorenzo Booker, FB was David Thomas at 52, WR Tiquan Underwood at 22 and TE James Dearth at 35. Since I'm factoring in QB's because there are mobile QB's that will run the lowest rated guy Ken Dorsey at 15.

The avg was 31

Now lets move on to Tackling. Again I was stunned to observe the overall Tackle ratings in the game. The reason being is because there weren't that many players in the entire game with a 90+ tackle rating.

In fact only 49 players overall reached

5 DE's
7 DT's
36 LB's
1 DB......(Roy Williams)

The lowest rating assigned to any defensive player was 25. So that tells me the tackle rating should be set low along with the BRK Tackle Rating. Even though we might hate seeing RB's break Tackles in the NFL it does happen every single weekend.

So that is why gang tackling is the best answer to bringing down ball carriers. Usually if they are one on one the chances of breaking a tackle increases and if they get into the open or into the secondary their chances of breaking a tackle goes up even more and that is why the DB's are rated so low.

IMO the tackle ratings are very realistic in this game and if the sliders are setup properly then we should see guys missing tackles and making gang tackling a high priority meaning your defense needs guys to fly to the ball or else if a RB gets the edge of your defense he could very well take it to the house.

So the avg overall amongst the lowest rated players at each defensive posistion was at 45.

Now I haven't really observed most of the sliders posted here but I'm willing to bet half of them have the tackle slider somewhere in this vicinity.

In fact I myself just recently increased the TKl slider on my set to 40and based on what I've seen in the ratings it tells me I was off just barely on the TKL Slider matched up against the avg of the BRK TKL Slider.

I believe i was at 20 BRK TKl and 40 TKL

The avg of the ratings came out to 31 BRK TKL and 45 TKL....so the gap should have been only 15 points higher as opposed to 20.

Tonight I will spend more time avg out the ratings for the following sliders

Block Shedding......This is a Slider and also a in game rating for players

Pass Block...........I will avg out the ratings for the 5 OL positions, TE and RB since these are the posistions most effected.

Run Block...........I will avg out the ratings again for the 5 OL Positions, FB, TE and WR.

INT...................This will avg the ratings of all defensive players

Pass Rush..........This is tied into Power Move and Finesse Move. The Human Player will get the avg of the highest players and the CPU will get the avg of the lowest players.

Reaction Time.......Some people have questioned the settings here. Some wonder if it should be high or low. Well IMO it should be high for the CPU and low for the Human player. So based on my beliefe and understanding of what works with the sliders I'll be utilizing the avg Play Recongnition and Awareness ratings of the lowest rated players on defense for Human and the highest rated players on defense for the CPU.

That IMO helps the game play to be challenging and fun because it is no fun playing against a CPU defense that doesn't react properly or quickly to my tendencies.

FATIGUE......This will get an avg also based on each position for my AUTO subs. I will use the Stamina ratings

GAME SPEED.......There are so many theories about the speed of the players and what the settings should be. I myself prefered to have seperation reduced on each level because I wanted to make it more competive.

However based on the actual players within the game and using the speed ratings and acceleration ratings I'm going to post the settings based on those findings and trust the games ratings to dictate speed and seperation now on each level.

This is stricly a ratings thread and once I'm done I will proceed to post the avg ratings in a slider setup in my existing slider thread. I just felt this would be very helpful for those who prefer to create their own sliders and wanted to somehow build them around ratings

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sliders that take into account Player ratings

Playmaker....
I am highly interested in this. I am putting together another Manifesto for Madden 2010, and I can see how your data would be highly beneficial to the project. I would be honored to have you on the team if you are interested in being part of it. i am anxiously looking forward to your reply.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Sound cool cant wait to see what you come up with....I just changed my pass game to 15 ACC and 35 catch(works great) which is close to your theory
Old 08-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

What is Manifesto Madden 10?

I hope that doesn't sound dumb.....but I've never heard of it.

Is it related to ratings or playbooks?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
What is Manifesto Madden 10?

I hope that doesn't sound dumb.....but I've never heard of it.

Is it related to ratings or playbooks?
Not dumb at all...
Check this out and download the attached word doc.:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0-preview.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
Rookie

sm27 great to see you back. anyways i wish maddenmania was still around because there was a very good post about sliders and ratings relation by snaz06. i will see if he posted it on football-freaks. if i find it i will leave a link
Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Sound cool cant wait to see what you come up with....I just changed my pass game to 15 ACC and 35 catch(works great) which is close to your theory
WOW!

I did the exact same thing becuase i'm going to round up or down depending on the overall total value of the slider I want.

50 points allocated to the Human/CPU Passing game seems perfect because the actual overall slider value is 50.

Now when I figure out the avg rating for Pass BLk if it turns out that it is close to 65 then I for sure I'm on the right track.

15-QB
35-WR
65-Pass BLK

That's 100 points of slider value

Hopefully I'm right or close

Old 08-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
WOW!

I did the exact same thing becuase i'm going to round up or down depending on the overall total value of the slider I want.

50 points allocated to the Human/CPU Passing game seems perfect because the actual overall slider value is 50.

Now when I figure out the avg rating for Pass BLk if it turns out that it is close to 65 then I for sure I'm on the right track.

15-QB
35-WR
65-Pass BLK

That's 100 points of slider value

Hopefully I'm right or close
Nice!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »