Home

Is anyone else a fan of the "Pro Setting - CPU Skills 100"?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else a fan of the "Pro Setting - CPU Skills 100"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Is anyone else a fan of the "Pro Setting - CPU Skills 100"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by remjohn
My current set-up is simply default all-pro for me and CPU all at 100 except run def blk shed and tkl at 80 and pass def INT at 80. Not sure how this really works yet as I haven't played a full game with it but the 4th qtr seemed to be working okay.

Let me know how it works out if you give it a go.

I'm not sure about the running yet, might still be too hard, but it seems that either I or Thomas Jones am pretty good at it and I don't want to make it too easy and put up silly numbers. I play 15 min qtrs on very slow with 15 sec run off. Although I get stuffed for 1 or 2 yds a lot, over the course of the game I usually get 80-120 on the run.

I really want a low/realistic scoring game which seems hard to get so hopefully this'll work out over the 4 qtrs. I like playing for 15 mins each but maybe this is just too long to keep scores down.

Part of the reason I play on very slow is that every play obviously takes that tiny bit longer on that setting, meaning over the course of the game there should be less scoring.

Oh, by the way, I have threshold at 90 at the mo.
Way to hard I already lower cpu to all 50 to balance out the Allpro upgrade and more realistic play .
but I do have threshold at 35 and and play on very slow
thanks again
Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

I do like the realism of a lower threshold but, being a fan of very slow, I find the difference in speed is too much. WRs are ALWAYS open on slants if you give them a couple of seconds. It might be realistic I suppose but it makes passing way too easy. That's why I have it up at 90. I don't want it there, but it's the only way to give the defensive game a chance.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Way to hard I already lower cpu to all 50 to balance out the Allpro upgrade and more realistic play .
but I do have threshold at 35 and and play on very slow
thanks again
Did you give them a go? Could you not get anything going? I haven't really tried a full game yet.

I presume everyone on here will be much better than me (I'm British!) and I don't recall having a huge issue, but I only tried this set up for one qtr when I was already 2 scores ahead and they were airing it out. It was against Carolina I think. Are they good/bad this year?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok. I've fooled with these and come up with something pretty good.

All-pro
Speed: Fast
Threshold: 40
Fatigue: 80-- gives a good account of real fatigue and slowdown
12 min quarters, 15 second run off

Everything at 100 except
Reaction Time :90
Block Shed :80
Tackling:80

This allows for a better user running game. I tested mostly as the pats v the ravens and I was pretty much between 3.5 and 4.5 yards per carry each game, with a couple long runs each game.

With these, it's probably still too easy to complete short passes, but that's because the CPU gives them to you. When I first started, I was racking up a ton of yards, but not many points because the drives would stall. So, the CPU will let you throw short, and then make the tackle before the first down marker. Throwing long is a challenge, but not more than it should be. The CPU pass rush is good, and CPU CB pass coverage is decent.

The only issue is the CPU running game still isn't where you'd want it to be. They break some big runs, but still get shut down too often. And then, I guess to its credit since it's not working, the CPU starts to throw more. But, the run number aren't terrible. If you play teams with a good running game with bad defenses, they'll definitely go over 100 yards. The problem comes with equality and the defense tends to win out.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
No. The theory is good, but that's not the way the sliders work.

As for playing the best game you had, a lot of people claim that with various slider sets. I think the game (statistically at least) has a lot of variance and gives an average of good results for the most part, regardless of what slider changes you make.

The game also plays great when you ZERO out the CPU/User sliders except for QB Accuracy and WR Catching
This guys right on point. It's good in theory but doesn't work. I mean maxing out interceptions is heinous. Along with QBA at 100? come on, alex smith will turn into peyton manning.
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 38

Im playing some good ones on allpro and will post latter .
great games as I test even teams and won 16-15 minn-gb and good /bad bears - det and won 29-7 so I like what im seeing.
And as many say it really depends on whats teams match up as I cant run on philly with nyg yet

Last edited by dorismary; 08-21-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #23
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

What speed threshold is this guy saying should be used?

This seems intriguing but it looks like a lot of you are reporting it's way too easy. I'd definitely like to give it a try though.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
What speed threshold is this guy saying should be used?

This seems intriguing but it looks like a lot of you are reporting it's way too easy. I'd definitely like to give it a try though.
He just put out a video saying that 0 is what he uses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »