Home

Nathan's "If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in Madden" sliders

This is a discussion on Nathan's "If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in Madden" sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Nathan's "If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in Madden" sliders

12 Minute Quarters with 20 Second Run-Off

Saints (me) vs Bears

40 - 6

Total Offense:

Plays: Saints (55) Bears (51)

Saints - 326 Yards
Bears 239 Yards

Brees: 18/26 256 Yards 2 TD 0 INT
Cutler: 22/33 223 Yards 0 TD 3 INT (1 Fumble)

Bush: 12 Carries for 52 Yards (Got injured in the 3rd)
Thomas: 11 Carries for 33 Yards 2 TD's
Forte: 12 Carries for 34 Yards 2.8 Avg

Defense:

Saints: 5 Turnovers; 3 Sacks
Bears: 0 Turnovers; 2 Sacks

*Note: Bush had a 99 yard KO return for a TD. Also, it was 3rd and 17 early in the 2nd and Bush broke off a 90 yard receiving TD. 2 of Cutler's INT's were in garbage time

CPU running game was way too easy to stop. Passing was pretty perfect on both sides. Will play another game later. If I hadn't gotten those turnovers and the KO return for a TD it would have been a more respectable game. Good Sliders though.

Last edited by Hoops737; 08-21-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im goign to try these in a few
Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
. . . The stats posted must be practice five minute game. . .
Okay. That make's since. I couldn't wrap my head around how he managed so few plays in 40 minutes of game time.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #20
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i can run every play on playmakers and win games. ill try these but those stats dont look promising. im surprised people cant run the ball. havent played madden since 05 and running seems so easy on this game. block away, run dive and tackle plays at the 3 tech and couters and tosses at the 1 tech. dont forget to block away for seals. easy as pie. had 467 total rushing and 8 rushing tds in my first two franchise games. needless to say im looking for new sliders and starting my chise over.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

WOW some of you guys are unbelievable. Can you please use the exact settings he posted and then let us know how the game turned out. Don't sit there and tweak stuff on your own without playing a full game. Don't bother with practice; like the name says "PRACTICE" is only for getting your skills better and learning the game. Get out on the field and make magic happen. When your done, then we can talk about stats and what needs to be changed to cater "YOUR STYLE" of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #22
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Ok so I tested out your sliders and 6 minutes into the game; I couldn't do it.

*Players are very slow. Threshold at 35 allows linebackers and D-linemen to catch my RB very easily. I use Forte and that's not a possibility.
*Kick offs are pretty good. CPU average is always inside the 20-30.
*Tackling is horrible. Every player in ever position is The Bus.

I couldn't test any further. Like I said before, the game plays really slow. IMHO, I don't think anyone should play anything under fast with threshold at 0. Honestly, if Hester is faster then the CB with a straight run; he's going to beat him almost all the time. I say this when the corner is playing tight defense.

I used the exact same settings as you said. Is there a way I can play these on very fast or fast? If so, let me know so I can test them with a full game. They seem to be pretty nice with a few flaws. Overall, not bad man. Please let me know if I can use these with faster speed and let me know what to expect in time. So far 10 mins seem a little too short.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 22

So my experience was terrible. Another game where I score more than 60 points. ugh.

Here's the stats:

Rivers: 122.4 rating completing 25 of 34 (73%) for 342 yards, 3 TDs and a pick

Matt Cassel: 51.7 rating completing 28 of 59 (47%) for 403 yards, 3 TDs and 5 PICKS!! I picked him off wayyyyy too much and returned 2 to the house. Ugh.

LT: 177 yards on 27 attempts for a 6.5 average and 3 TDs (he shouldn't be this good any more. Close to it, but no like this)

LJ: 41 yards on 14 attempts for a 2.9 average

Sproles: 36 yards on 14 attempts for a 2.5 average

I got 8 receptions with Floyd and 7 with Gates both having 100 yards and a TD.

Now I sacked him 5 times as well (2 wit Merriman, 2 with English and one with Bingham). They sacked me once.

I returned both picks Cromartie had to the house and recovered a fumble with Ellison for a 77 TD return.

So excluding the 3 defensive picks, I had 48 points.
Otherwise, it was 69-24. I don't know. I turned down the human INT slider to 15, and I think I'll sim through my franchise to play against the Steelers. Cuz I have been demolishing these teams with weak D.

And if I find that I'm getting big play after big play with them, I think I'll crank the threshold to like 60 or so.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
Ok so I tested out your sliders and 6 minutes into the game; I couldn't do it.

*Players are very slow. Threshold at 35 allows linebackers and D-linemen to catch my RB very easily. I use Forte and that's not a possibility.
*Kick offs are pretty good. CPU average is always inside the 20-30.
*Tackling is horrible. Every player in ever position is The Bus.

I couldn't test any further. Like I said before, the game plays really slow. IMHO, I don't think anyone should play anything under fast with threshold at 0. Honestly, if Hester is faster then the CB with a straight run; he's going to beat him almost all the time. I say this when the corner is playing tight defense.

I used the exact same settings as you said. Is there a way I can play these on very fast or fast? If so, let me know so I can test them with a full game. They seem to be pretty nice with a few flaws. Overall, not bad man. Please let me know if I can use these with faster speed and let me know what to expect in time. So far 10 mins seem a little too short.
Kinda baffled, with the speed threshold at 35, you wouldnt have the speed issues, so why did you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »