Home

Nathan's "If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in Madden" sliders

This is a discussion on Nathan's "If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in Madden" sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Nathan's "If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in Madden" sliders

Ok, here we go. This is my first stab at presenting the OS community a set of my sliders. This is because I believe that after trying ALL the slider sets posted in this forum, I feel as though my set delivers not only realism but something that we all have forgotten, fun. That doesn't mean that you're going to be able to throw 80 yards or run circles around the defense.

Trust me, these are good sliders. I don't have the analytical data of playmaker or the other original methods/theories of some of the other posters. What I've done is simple: I started with a base set of numbers that after playing several games, I believed needed to be corrected. I will number the focus of these sliders.

1. Even though it is the NFL, QB's need to throw errant passes sometimes particularly when being hit.
2. Run blocking out of the box is horrid. You will now see running lanes and offensive linemen pushing the defender to create this lane.
3. Their needs to be a distinct difference in the speed of someone who is a 97 speed and someone who is a 75 speed. For instance, if you have a cornerback beat and you're faster, you will have some distance between the two. However, NFL receivers drop passes occassionally. Therefore, expect to see some of these especially when being hit.
4. If you call a sound defensive game, Robo QB is not existent. On a side note, if you only play man, I encourage you to look into some zone packages along with zone blitzes. With the proper pre snap adjustments, these plays are a nice change of pace and often cover the pass better than man, due to the crossing routes.
5. You will have a pass rush (look at your pass rush and the computers pass block). It's as good as its gonna get; We're not doing magic here.
6. The comp will generate pressure on you, however, this will not be every play and I have dramatically decreased the WTF OL plays.
7. If you make a passing error, it may get picked. Watch those safeties.
8. USE THE LEFT STICK SHIMMY. This small tool that EA gave us has helped my running game. It is more subtle than the right stick juke but works very well. Cut back into the lanes when running, they will be there, unless they blitz or call the right defense for the run. Do not always sprint, especially on tosses and sweeps. While the run block setting will help your OL play on these plays it is not a magic pill. Give them time to get out there and spring later.
9. Lastly, or the last thing I can think of right now, be sure and wrap up when tackling the comp ball carrier.

Do not look at these settings and think, "oh, that needs to be higher, or that needs to be lower". Try them!

Without further ado,

Hardcore playcalling
10 min quarters, no acc clock (you can change this as needed and add acc clock; I like to read defense pre snap and make adjustments. It just suits me better).
Standard camera
Normal game speed
Speed Threshold at 35 (must testing in this number, its as close to perfect I can get. Very evident on go routes and running backs getting through those running lanes).

Player skills

QB Accuracy: 20
Pass Blocking: 65
WR Catch: 40

Broken Tackles: 50
Run Blocking: 100
Fumbles: 40

Pass Def Reaction Time: 70
Interceptions: 40
Pass Rush: 100

Rush Defense Reaction Time: 25
Block Shedding: 0
Tackling: 50

CPU Skills

QB Accuracy: 20
Pass Blocking: 0
WR Catch: 40

Broken Tackles: 50
Run Blocking: 100
Fumbles: 40

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 30
Interceptions: 40
Pass Rush: 45

Rush Defense Reaction Time: 55
Block Shedding: 70
Tackling: 50

I have not tested any penalty setting in detail and am using some that have already been posted. This is also true with Special Teams. Please post feedback and if you like stats. These sliders have been tested by running a variety of plays and painstakingly analyzing replay after replay after replay. I challenge you to grab a couple of different teams, go into practice and check these settings out. These are the ones I am starting my 'chise with. Let me know what you guys think. By the way, I'm not some 15 year old kid who has played Madden only a couple years. Im 30, a police officer with two kids, and have played Madden since Championship Edition. Also, I consider myself a slightly above average player.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Nathan's "If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in Madden" sliders

Thanks!!!

I think you have good slider,I will ttry it later
Old 08-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Do I use these for all madden or all pro?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsNBroncos
Do I use these for all madden or all pro?

You don't use them for either necessarily. They are custom sliders for the human and cpu. Just set both as I have stated. In case you don't know, when you set the human sliders, you must select each category (pass, rush, pass defense, rush defense) and push "A" on the xbox controller to access the specific sliders. I don't know which it is on ps3.

Only two replies so far, huh. I telling you these sliders are the bomb people.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

looks like you are pretty confident in your work..ill try these and post results...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Pass block, run block, and pass reaction all look a bit high imo. Ill try this out though.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I plan on trying yours out tonight Jackson. I had used Playmakers for 4 games 3 with the Browns and 1 with the Pats. With both teams I couldnt run the ball with the reaction speed at 100. I lowered down to 75 and got a few more yards but my longest rush in 4 games was for 10 yds. I have played 5 games with the myskill and am getting good results there. I will give yours some time tonight and then post some stats for you.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

100 run blocking....I use the Vikings. I'll put up 300 a game with AP with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »