Home

Keys to sacks...

This is a discussion on Keys to sacks... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Keys to sacks...

I suspected this for awhile, but decided to test it tonight. It's really simple. The turbo button activates the QB's internal clock to throw the ball. Simply put, do NOT use the turbo button on D while the QB has dropped back to pass. If you press it, the QB will almost nearly instantly look to throw, regardless of pressure. Since I've stopped using the turbo my sacks have went up 3-4 per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Keys to sacks...

Does this also increase pressure on the CPU QB? Too often the CPU has all day to stand back there.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

I only sprint after i've disengaged with the tackle and on my way to DIVING at the QB.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I only sprint after i've disengaged with the tackle and on my way to DIVING at the QB.

Don't do that. As soon as you touch that sprint button the QB will look to throw. Do NOT press the sprint button at all.

As for the actual QB pressure, no it doesn't increase the pressure. You can use sliders to do that. It just stops the QB from always getting rid of it RIGHT before you get there.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
All Star

@ Cuda1337

do not touch the sprint button at all? Interesting, may have to try it. Coz it takes an eternity to reacht he QB not sprinting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
@ Cuda1337

do not touch the sprint button at all? Interesting, may have to try it. Coz it takes an eternity to reacht he QB not sprinting.

I play with a speed threshold of 35 and I agree, it does take awhile. But, if you bring blitzes etc, and hit the gaps you can get through fairly quickly at times. With the proper sliders the pressure can be there. I've found though, that no matter the sliders the QB has the innate ability to get the ball out just in time. Its the sprint button though man. Just like with the running game the sprint button causes the D to shed blocks all off a sudden.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Here is what i am seeing.
First off i am using SD and have been having a hard time generating sacks using the DL of LB.
So basically i have stopped controlling the sackers and concentrated on coverage using the MLB and have found that the comp generates a terrific pass rush for me and is getting about 3-4 sacks per game.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
All Star

Yeh just tried it. I got 4 sacks in a game against the Packers.

It works for a simple 4 man rush.

Not sure how to make zone blitzes work as of yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »