Home

Football4Natic's Custom Sliders (Slow Game Speed)

This is a discussion on Football4Natic's Custom Sliders (Slow Game Speed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #41
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Football4Natic's Custom Sliders (Slow Game Speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I stayed up late last night running some slider tests.

I am trying to get the human pass game to be less affective.

The reason why is so damm effective is that the cpu is to damm blitz happy and leave my tight end or cross patterns open all day.

I should not be averaging 8 catches for 145 yards a game with Kevin Boss

I need to make it hard for the user to complete passes vs the blitz

I think I found something to help.

I am also working on the human run game. I dont want to see to many broken tackles and to many long runs

I am looking more for average per carry. I say between 3-4 yards a pop is good and with great backs you might increase that to 4-5 yards a pop

I will have some thing up later tonight.

Off to work....
Feel your pain. I tested these out just know against the Ravens and was very impressed by them, espcially the human and A.I. run game, but like you said the A.I defensive play calling is killing this game. Dustin Keller had 10 catches for 101 yards against the Ravens because of the blitzes they were doing....I lost the game 34-16 and had a whole lot of fun, but that defensive play calling is murdering this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #42
Rookie

Bigman815's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with the comments about the cpu being Blitz crazy.

But here is my judgement of these sliders. After I learned how to actually have patience running the ball and finding the hole, i am liking these sliders.

currently i am in the my 2nd season, with the Vikings. Im currently 4-0 in the season. Playing a 1-3 Bills team. Up until the end of the 1st half, total domination by the Vikes. Here are the 1st half stats

24-10 Score
189-107 Offense Yards
104-29 Rushing Yards
85-78 Passing Yards
1-0 Turnovers

Not too many penatlies which have been good.

Sorry if you thought my other post in the thread was kinda down playing your sliders. I apoligize for that, I cant wait for more updates.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Feel your pain. I tested these out just know against the Ravens and was very impressed by them, espcially the human and A.I. run game, but like you said the A.I defensive play calling is killing this game. Dustin Keller had 10 catches for 101 yards against the Ravens because of the blitzes they were doing....I lost the game 34-16 and had a whole lot of fun, but that defensive play calling is murdering this game.

I do think that the CPU blitzing is killing the game right now but in franchise mode it is a non issue since you can modify the CPU defensive aggressiveness slider to reduce their blitz tendencies

in play now mode it is all messed up

i think tonight I will start a franchise to test out the sliders with modified CPU coach tendencies and see how it plays out

those that want to help let me know
Old 08-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
I do think that the CPU blitzing is killing the game right now but in franchise mode it is a non issue since you can modify the CPU defensive aggressiveness slider to reduce their blitz tendencies

in play now mode it is all messed up

i think tonight I will start a franchise to test out the sliders with modified CPU coach tendencies and see how it plays out

those that want to help let me know
Modifying the CPU defensive aggressiveness can only be done if you control all 32 teams, right? Just making sure. I was going to try your sliders in coach mode. Coach mode is not cpu vs cpu so the game still considers me a human player.

Gonna give it a shot.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Modifying the CPU defensive aggressiveness can only be done if you control all 32 teams, right? Just making sure. I was going to try your sliders in coach mode. Coach mode is not cpu vs cpu so the game still considers me a human player.

Gonna give it a shot.

I don't suggest you use these sliders for anything but the human controlling the action. Coach mode is not the same as human control mode

but if that is the way you play and they work for you then carry on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
I don't suggest you use these sliders for anything but the human controlling the action. Coach mode is not the same as human control mode

but if that is the way you play and they work for you then carry on
Yea you were right lol. However what I did was I changed the player sliders to match your cpu sliders and I'm having a hell of a game right now. Kevin Williams has 3 sacks, only 1 pick the entire game and I'm up 24-20 against the lions with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

The passing seems spot on as both Brett Favre as well as Matt Stafford are having decent games, not 400+ yard passing games. They both have 1 TD each. The running game looks good as well.

Btw, do you control all 32 teams to adjust their coaching schemes?
Old 08-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Yea you were right lol. However what I did was I changed the player sliders to match your cpu sliders and I'm having a hell of a game right now. Kevin Williams has 3 sacks, only 1 pick the entire game and I'm up 24-20 against the lions with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

The passing seems spot on as both Brett Favre as well as Matt Stafford are having decent games, not 400+ yard passing games. They both have 1 TD each. The running game looks good as well.

Btw, do you control all 32 teams to adjust their coaching schemes?

Yes you must control all teams
Old 08-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

i love these sliders, but i don't see how ppl can't run on this setting...i am no expert at madden at all, but i play with the titans and in two games i have over 500 yards rushing..i rushed for 319 in one game...maybe its just b/c chris johnson is a beast...i don't hold down the sprint button until the full back makes his block then i can hit big gainers...31 rushes 319 yards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »