Home

Football4Natic's Custom Sliders (Slow Game Speed)

This is a discussion on Football4Natic's Custom Sliders (Slow Game Speed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 16
Exclamation Football4Natic's Custom Sliders (Slow Game Speed)

I just wanted to share my sliders that I have been tweaking since I got the game about 2 and a half weeks ago.

I also want to point out that these are made with slow game speed the whole time and after testing out all the game speeds there is no doubt in my mind that slow is the best representation of what an nfl player sees and feels on the field on Sundays based on how the plays develop infront of them.

When I make sliders I want to get a big stiff challenge and realistic scores and stats for the most part. I hate winning all the time and prefer having a losing season when the gameplay and challenge is kept at a realistic level.

In terms of speed threshold there is only a slight change that I made because people complain that there is not enough speed diff in terms of a lineman running down a back and whatnot. I do not feel that way with this years new ratings system

If you lower the speed threshold to much you will be getting more pick 6 and more unrealistic play from both sides of the ball.

Game Options:

Play Call Style: Advanced (This is the only way to get replays)

Acc Clock: On

Game Time: 15 minute quarters or user preference

Acc Run Off: 20 seconds

Camera Settings: Standard or user preferece

Injuries: I have this at 0 because I use live injuries during my season but you can set it to your liking

Fatigue: 58 (I find these work well with the sub changes)

Game Speed: Slow (The most realistic addition to madden ever)

Player Min Threshold Speed: 45 (40) (Anything lower will result in easier pick 6 and unrealistic balance from the new ratings

Penalties:

Offside: 100

False Start: 100

Holding: 50 (Anything higher will result in the holding on PAT or FG

Facemask:53 (54)

Defensive PI: 100

Offensive PI: 100

KR/PR Int:100

Clipping: 80 (90)

Int grounding: 100

Roughing the passer: 80 (90)

Roughing the kicker: 80 (90)

Player Skill: Custom

Passing: 15

Qb Accuracy: 12 (11) (Anything lower will result in no deep passing accuracy and anything higher will result in easy to pass gameplay with about any qb)

Pass Blocking: 37 (36) (This will provide some protection and it counters the sliders for the cpu pass defense

WR Catching: 25 (This is perfect at this level)

Rushing: 16

Broken Tackles: 0 (This will put an end to broken gang tackles and a lot of the falling forward animations)

Run Blocking: 38 (39) (This should provide you with a good balance resulting in a 3 to 4 yards a carry average

Fumbles: 24 (23) (This ensures that the user is not sprinting all the time and trying to high light stick on all the runs. Makes you protect the ball and run with purpose but follow blockers)

Pass Defense: 16

Reaction Time: 1 (0) (Defenders still react with smarts with this setting and it helps stop the constent user picks or cpu throwing picks)

Interceptions: 0 (This is always a must, I prefer tons of drop picks then tons of picks)

Pas Rushing: 76 (62) (This does not mean sacks, this means pressure and cpu having to make quicker decisions

Rush Defense: 18

Reaction Time: 0 (CPU run game is weak like always)

Block Shedding: 0 (THis will help the cpu run game but dont expect to get killed

Tackling: 23 (25) (This ensures that the user is not trying to hit stick all the time and they play smart football and gang tackle or just run into the runner. If you try and just hit stick then you will not bring down the carrier. Only hit stick when is a definite blow)

CPU Skill:

QB Accuracy: 50 (52) (Anything lower will result in more picks and no deep throws by the cpu. With player pass rush slider raised this will not allow robo qb)

Pass Blocking: 0 (This does not mean easy or constant sacks, it means pressure and less time to throw for cpu)

WR Catching: 46 (45) (Perfect balance of drops vs catches)

Rushing:

Broken Tackles: 58 (60) (This will help stop the user from playing nfl blitz style and just trying to hit stick and not play their gaps right)

Run Blocking: 100 (Cpu run game needs this but don't expect to be killed)

Fumbles: 30 (32) (This yields a realistic rate of fumbles)

Pass Defense:

Reaction TIme: 64 (74) (Anything lower will result in easy passing and running. Anything higher will result in defenders breaking on patters before the receivers)

Interceptions: 0 (This will cut down on the picks)

Pass Rushing: 87 (91) (With the rather low reaction time, the human qb will need to be on alert since the cpu pass rush is coming but you still have enough time to read and if you stay in the pocket and step up in the pocket you will see the difference)

Rush Defense:

Reaction Time: 62 (59) (Cpu run defense is weak on default and now they are keen to your tendencies)

Block Shedding: 52 (51) (This will provide a stiff challenge from top defenses like Ravens, Giants, Titans, Steelers who have great front sevens)

Tackling: 52 (53) (This will help stop the gang tackle craziness and help cpu keep tabs but you can still run for a realistic average)

Special Teams:

FG Power: 50 (49)

FG Accuracy: 48 (50)

Punt Power: 50 (49)

Punt Accuracy: 50 (51)

Kickoff Length: 50 (51)

Please be advised that using sprint button will lead to broken run blocking schemes and using the highlight stick to much will lead to fail attempts at gaining yards

I dont use sprint at all unless I am in the clear past the linebackers and I dont use much highlight stick unless one on one is presented

Once you get the handoff just glide towards the open spot and use your blockers. Wait for them and you will see the nice run blocking. When you sprint the cpu is given a boost wich makes them faster and the lineman then do not know who to block and it gets all messy

Be patient and you will be rewarded.

When you pass rush as a linebacker or d-lineman. Do not use sprint because that will lead the the cpu qb getting rid of the ball fast and makes it look like they are throwing with eyes on their back or sides

By just moving towards the qb and using the power or finess moves on the stick you will get tons more pressure and more sacks for sure. I have tested this time and time again.

I suggest you use your own sub settings since everybody has their own opinion on what type of players should be subbed or not.

Enjoy and these will be updated as I see fit.

FootBall4Natic

Last edited by Football4Natic; 08-25-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Football4Natic's Custom Sliders (Slow Game Speed)

Looks like you put a lot of time and thought into these sliders, I will try them out and post stats tonight.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 08-24-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Alright, just finished my first game with these, and it was a tough one. I decided to play as the Niners and go against the Vikings. I did this for numerous reasons.

1. See if these were challenging enough
  2. See if the CPU running game could actually...well..****n
  3. See if the CPU took some chances down field
  4. See if it played a realistic game of football, and if the speed felt right
I'm happy to say that I found all of the aforementioned problems that I've been having didn't showup with my first game testing these sliders. I've tested a lot of sliders on these forums, and I've liked a lot of them. I've been waiting to be "wowed" by one set, enough for me to put my faith in them as my base set to use for my own franchise. I think I found them.

The game played really well. I enjoyed the speed and I agree with you that the "slow" speed level just feels right. Here are my stats from my first game:

49ers(ME) vs. Vikings (CPU)

Team Stats:

Score - 20/37
Rushing Yds - 28/144 *Might tweak sliders in my favor here a bit
Passing Yds - 203/301
Turnovers - 3(-1)/2(+1)
T.O.P - 29:45/26:15

Individual Stats:

Passing
Brett Favre - 143.0 rating/13-22/316yds/59%/3tds/0ints
Shaun Hill - 49.0 rating/17-41/242yds/41%/1td/2ints

Rushing
Adrian Peterson - 21att/84yds/4.0avg
Frank Gore - 20att/23yds/1.1avg/1td
Chester Taylor - 8att/42yds/5.2avg

Receiving
Isaac Bruce - 3rec/47yds
Vernon Davis - 3rec/42yds
Michael Crabtree - 3rec/45yds
Bobby Wade - 3rec/58yds
Adrian Peterson - 2rec/110yds/1td *Sick 90 yd rec, delayed curl route over the middle
Bernard Berrian - 2rec/84yds/1td
Josh Morgan - 2rec/23yds/1td
Visanthe Shiancoe - 1rec/8yds/1td
All others had less than 30yds receiving and no tds

Defense
Pat Williams led all players with 7 solo tackles (6 tfl)
Patrick Willis led the 49ers with 5 solo tackles (2 tfl, 5 ast)
Vikings - 7 sacks (P.Williams-4,J.Allen-2,C.Greenway-1)
49ers - 2 sacks (Manny Lawson)

I felt dominated the whole game, and that's exactly the feeling I was shooting for. I expected some success passing the ball and I got it, but it was tough considering I had no run game to be heard of. AD just overpowered me through both the running and passing game, and it was nice to see that the Vikings ran the ball a lot, accumulating 31 attempts from 4 of their backs. Favre hit Berrian for a big TD on a risky pass about 30 yards down field, and overall I did see the CPU go deep a little more with the acc at 50. I wish I didn't have to have their acc at 50, but I'd rather see the CPU being a little more accurate than I'd like than only throwing routes less than 10 yds.

I don't think I threw one pass where Shaun Hill didn't get rocked right as he was throwing it, the Vikings d was relentless. The score wouldn't have been as skewed but I threw a pick 6 trying to make something happen on a last minute drive.

Some stuff I might change are:
  • WR Catching - 12 drops in the game total, a bit high. If I.Bruce,B.Berrian,V.Davis and Crabtree all keep that up over a 16 game span then they'd have double the drops of Braylon from last year. (League Leader in drops at 16)
  • Hum Rushing - I don't jam on the sprint, I notice the same thing you do in the CPU defense collapsing on you at a faster rate. However, I'm not that great at running in the first place. I understand the Vikes have a phenomenal run d but I might give myself some aid in this category to be able to get Gore to around 3-3.5ypc.
Other than that I really enjoyed the game, and who knows after playing a few more games I might not need to change the stuff I just posted. Another thing I might look into is how far down I can put CPU acc without it affecting their tendency to throw down field. I loved that Favre did, and had success at doing so, but if I see Orton hitting me up for 300+ yds and burning me deep I might have a problem with it. I just don't want robo qb to kick in with the lesser rated qb's, but you put a lot of time into these so I'd assume you tested that thoroughly.

Anyways I won't ramble on anymore, I'll post back with my thoughts on the sliders as I play a few more games.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Hmm, I am pretty interested in these so I think I will try these out tonight as well. I need something more challenging. I have been using Marino's sliders and now that I have a decent running game in my second season with the Lions I am beating people 44-7 and 68-20(the Eagles and McNabb threw 6 picks). I will try these tonight.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow05
. . . who knows after playing a few more games I might not need to change the stuff I just posted. Another thing I might look into is how far down I can put CPU acc without it affecting their tendency to throw down field. I loved that Favre did, and had success at doing so, but if I see Orton hitting me up for 300+ yds and burning me deep I might have a problem with it. I just don't want robo qb to kick in with the lesser rated qb's, but you put a lot of time into these so I'd assume you tested that thoroughly.

Anyways I won't ramble on anymore, I'll post back with my thoughts on the sliders as I play a few more games.
Sad but true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 16

I will update the sliders tonight with some small tweaks
Old 08-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I will update the sliders tonight with some small tweaks
cool, I'm gonna give these a try because I have been dominating every game, I'm looking for something that makes it difficult for me to score because my offense seemingly scores 35 points a game and I would like to be shut down every once in a while.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Rookie

scfan919's Arena

OVR: 4

Tried these out, and I LOVE the passing game, however, the running game I am gonna have to make my own tweaks...tacklin at 0 leads to way to many broken gang tackles. Also, I was unable to gain any kind of yards on the ground, I think I am gonna have to turn that up a bit...it semmed a HB Dive/Power O/Stretch, the End was in the backfield every play. But good sliders!
R.I.P. Kenny McKinley #11 Forever Eleven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »