Home

Old 08-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Novice?

So I have purchased Madden every year since, Faulk was on the cover!

I'd like to consider myself not a novice - with that being said - I've tried a number of different sliders...and I seem to be have experiencing blow outs on both sides.

Smacked the Panthers by 31, then got punched in the mouth by the Steelers by 16. To have a total of 68 rushing yards seems to be a bit low.

Is this just really trial and error?
How come nobody plays with the "my skill" option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Novice?

I'd say it is trial and error and a mix of the game trying to give random play to each game so it can lead to things like that.

I don't play with my skill because it will just take into account your last game which may have nothing to do with one's ability. Say someone plays a mediocre team and has a great game and the game adjusts for that. They then face a difficult team and could then get blown out because the adjustment over compensated. Also, I believe it adjusts no matter what your gameplan is. Say you want to spend an entire game passing and run the ball like 5 times on 3rd and short situations. If you got 1-2 yard runs then the game would try and compensate for the rush even if you don't need it to.

I have watched my madden iq go from a bit over 515 to 622 down to a bit over 600 down to high 500s then now back to about 525 and no doubt if the next game I play I do well in every area it'll jump back up to low 600s. Nothing about my ability has changed in that time.

I also did that Madden test and it is a joke and doesn't represent one's ability. If it did then I am an all-madden quality runner simply because I can follow buttons to push on screen....and I am not an all madden level quality rusher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »