Home

Rocky's All-Pro sliders....

This is a discussion on Rocky's All-Pro sliders.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Rocky's All-Pro sliders....

I've been playing with a custom set for a while and even though it worked out fine, I've really been intrigued in coming up with a default set where my players really play to their true ratings. I attempted All-Madden at first, but I couldn't stomach the rubberband AI, the pick 6's, the stonewall OL, and my OL acting like idiots. All-Pro is the way to go IMO.

Of course the CPU needs a little bit of help to make a truly realistic and fun experience. That's what these sliders are for. I love the variety with these. I've had shootouts, defensive battles, and totally off the wall games with this set. I felt that I made some of my custom sliders try to fit what I thought the stats and go should go like, instead of just playing. So here they are:

Game speed: Slow
Game Length: Acc. Clock 13 min. with 20 sec. runoff.
Speed Threshold: 75*

CPU SKILL

Passing:
QB Accuracy 55*
Pass Blocking 55*
WR Catching 50

Rushing:
Broken Tackles 80*
Run Blocking 50*
Fumbles 25

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time 45
Interceptions 25
Pass Rushing 60

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time 80
Block Shedding 67*
Tackling 45

All penalties maxed except for default on holding, clipping at 70, offsides and false start at 70 as well.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

Last edited by Rocky; 08-26-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Rookie

BFawlty's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rocky's All-Pro sliders....

I've been toying with the idea of just going all-pro and then tweaking the cpu settings myself, so will give these a try thx.

BF
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

I've done the same. I like keeping it near All-Pro default so that my offline games translate a little better to online matchups.

Here's what I've done:

GAME INFO
DIFFICULTYALL PRO
QTR LENGTH10 MIN
ACC CLOCK15 SEC.
GAME SPEEDSLOW
SPEED THRESHOLD20
FATIGUE50
INJURIES50
CPU PASS OFF
QB ACC45
PASS BLOCK40
WR CATCH45
CPU RUN OFF
BRK TAK80
RUN BLOCK100
FUMBLE50
CPU PASS DEF
REACT TIME60
INTERCEPT40
PASS RUSH50
CPU RUN DEF
REACT TIME50
BLK SHED40
TACKLE50
PENALTIES
HOLDING40
FALSE START80
FACE MASK55
CLIPPING60
DEF PASS INT80
ALL OTHERS100
SPEC TEAMS
FG POW50
FG ACC45
PUNT POW60
PUNT ACC60
KO POW55

...enjoy!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 08-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

^^^Those look pretty good. I'm currently having a field day running the ball with my sliders which are at times...pretty hard on the user run game. I do have 3 90+ rated linemen and DeAngelo Williams in the backfield.

A few of you have asked me to do All-Madden sliders as well. I've tried, and tried, and tried....and tried to play and come up with a solid set of sliders in this mode and it's just not happening. The cheese is so bad on this mode, it's ridiculous. The CPU QB throws MORE int's on All-Madden, the user pass rush is impossible, and comeback AI is much more prevalent.

I've made a few changes to my All-Pro set though.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I fiddled with the All-pro idea over about 20 games and it didn't really work well for me. No matter what I did, human passing was too easy and the CPU running game was never a consistent threat. I think you have to go in a fiddle with the human sliders to make passing more difficult and CPU running balanced between long and short runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinks
I fiddled with the All-pro idea over about 20 games and it didn't really work well for me. No matter what I did, human passing was too easy and the CPU running game was never a consistent threat. I think you have to go in a fiddle with the human sliders to make passing more difficult and CPU running balanced between long and short runs.
Here's what appealed me to All-Pro. I came up with sliders that had the QB Acc at 20 or lower.....and I was just effective in the passing game. My stats weren't as good because my QB had made alot of unrealistic, ridiculously bad throws. But it was still relatively easy. On All-Pro, I feel like my QB plays to his ratings instead of making passing hard just to be hard.
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

After playing on All-Madden exclusively for the whole week, I'm developing some new ones for All-Pro. I've grown tired of some of the BS that happens on All-Madden.

I played a game with All-Pro with my new set of CPU sliders and lost handily which is something that never happened to me before on All-Pro and certainly not custom.
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »