Home

Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill's v3 Realism Sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 08-27-2009, 01:04 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

I've seen occasionally screwy punt/Field goal logic, but that's way past screwy. What's the kick power rating for their kicker?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #26
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Good stuff. I'm playing regular mode(not coach mode) and I'm having fun. I still seem to be getting plagued by the AI getting into robo QB mode. I'm thinking it might be the way I play. I always control either a DT or DE. I never switch to another guy once I have control of my player. That's just the way I like to play. I know some people control safeties or linebackers manually, so maybe they have an easier time stopping the pass. Bill, how did you play when you were testing these sliders?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I just played a play now game with these sliders. Good stuff, Bill.

GB(me) vs the Vikes.

Ahead 21 to 10 at the half and the Vikes scored a TD pass from Favre and they tried for two points in the third quarter.

21 to 18. Took the Packers 10 plays and kicked a FG.

24 to 18. No crazy comeback AI and no Robo QB's. Rodgers hit 59% of his passes and Favre hit 50%. Favre misfired a lot in the first half.

Grant had 28 carries for 140 yds and AD had 25 carries for 85 yds. The Vikes didn't give up giving the ball to AD.

The only fly in the ointment is that the Packers only registered one sack as the Vikes had 4. I controlled Kampon or Bennet on passing downs. I've played several play now games and Raji dominates once I control him. I needed a sack and he did sack Favre on that play.

Had a beautiful TD pass to Jordy Nelson that went for 41 yds. I noticed he had single coverage and I lobbed it beautifully and he made an over the shoulder catch.

The nice thing is that Favre tried to go deep several times.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:41 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Interested in the sliders, but concerned about Fast gamespeed.

From what I understand, with the flaws the game has Slow is the best speed because it minimizes the problems inherent in the game. Do these sliders fix the in game errors enough to compensate for the increase in gamespeed? Thoughts appreciated
Old 08-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 9

I decided to go HOU v NO again just to see what happened. They were pass crazy but not as bad. I'm going to put the numbers up from this game and then try a team that doesn't come out in 4 wide with such regularity.

Score
NO | 7 | 14 | 7 | 0 || 28
HOU|10 | 14 | 0 | 14|| 38

I went 17/17 to start the game. Never thrown that well before so I ended up with ...

Passing
Schaub 157.1 22/26 368 3 0 84%
Brees 85.0 35/54 415 2 264%

Rushing
Slaton 25 for 97 1 TD 3.8ypc
Thomas 11 for 34 1 TD 3.8 ypc

Receiving
Walter 7 for 93 1 TD L23
Johnson 7 for 118 2 TD L47
Daniels 3 for 96 L 51
Slaton 3 for 48 L 25
Shockey 8 for 89 L 21
Thomas 8 for 77 L20
Moore 6 for 80 L19
Henderson 5 for 91 L 27
Colston 2 for 20

Did not abuse the flats or slant routes (I pretty much called from the bundle that Madden puts up 85-90% of the time) Missed tackle on Johnson's long and a missed swat on Daniels long.

Top tackles went 7+1, 5+2,, 4+3...& 7+4, 6+6, 4+0...
2 int...1 pick 6 off of a legit bad read
I had 0 sacks they had 2

Orlovsky came in when Schaub had been injured and threw a pick in the endzone. I didn't realize he'd been subbed. I was 10/10 at the time and was pissed because my streak was broken. Then I got an in-game graphic that showed me still perfect in the teens as Schaub.

NO Drives
TD
Punt
TD
TD
INT
Punt
TD
Punt
INT
Downs

HOU Drives
TD
FG
TD
TD
INT
Missed FG (37yds oops)
Punt
Punt
TD
Kneeldown

The first half was pretty frantic, but the game slowed down quite a bit in the second half.

Overall I felt it was pretty realistic given the circumstances.

Oh yeah playcount was 55 plays for HOU and 66 plays for NO which ended up at 121 just about right...
Old 08-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Interested in the sliders, but concerned about Fast gamespeed.

From what I understand, with the flaws the game has Slow is the best speed because it minimizes the problems inherent in the game. Do these sliders fix the in game errors enough to compensate for the increase in gamespeed? Thoughts appreciated
Because I haven't really played slow I can't really comment on the difference or whether the flaws are more obvious. I can say though that they don't detract from my enjoying the games and I don't get really frustrated.

Like a poster said above, I also didn't get too much crazy AI or robo QB even though I was ahead the 2nd half.

You'd probably be best off trying it out yourself because you'd know what you were looking for better than anyone.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:53 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
I've seen occasionally screwy punt/Field goal logic, but that's way past screwy. What's the kick power rating for their kicker?
It should have been Carney. 79 kick power / 98 kick accuracy...should have let him hit a 37 yarder. He's old, but he's not that old lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 03:18 AM   #32
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

guys,
i`m playing with a different set, so far my only problem is lack of sacks from my CPU teammates.

I only play with the CB so, this is very anoying...

DOes this set get you 3sacks avg per game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »