Home

Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill's v3 Realism Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #425
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

I'm going to play a couple of games with the "Play" sliders tonight. I don't know what else we can do with the coach sliders--I know I can always find something to fiddle with, but those sliders are really, really solid. Any changes we make to the running game, based on the testing of the last few days, is either going to make top-end backs too good or make regular backs useless.

I think I may start with a slight mod of the coach settings and see how they play (except for CPU pass reaction, which definitely needs to stay at 100) when I control a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #426
Pro

Guys, I made one correction on the front page--I had reversed the INT slider for the "Play" sliders.

Correct settings:
Human INT at 0
CPU INT at 20

Homecourt, I'm sending you some custom "Play" sliders to try out, if you're interested.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #427
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
He crushed me at -5 and at the regular setting (7+ yards a carry at -5 and 5 YPC at regular), and more importantly, I crushed them as well (6+ YPC). And don't forget that they were #1 in rushing defense last season. That slider is fine.
NP Bill, Thanks for testing that further with me.
Just for the heck of it I decided to move up from the (-10) but not all the way for one game. This is what I got.

SD(me) @ MIN

Tomlinson
34 for 204 6.0 3TD 9BTK 2x20+ 55L Reaction 35 (-5)
Peterson
17 for 40 2.3 0TD 1BTK 0x20+ 9L Reaction 37 (-8)

Bizarro world. Go figure. I wouldn’t be surprised if just reversing running direction (with your current sliders) on stacked defenses alone gets me what I need for LT to put up better than the 3.1-3.5 I had been getting before. (Plus looking at the game above maybe that was just a 5 game cold streak)

I'd be glad to take a look at those play sliders as well. Go ahead and PM them to me. If you want me to run them in a certain scenario just let me know that as well.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #428
Pro

HC, just PM'd you. I just want to see what happens if you use those and don't use the sprint button.

LOL about Tomlinson and Peterson. Go figure.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #429
Banned

OVR: 1

Bill I have been keeping a close eye on these sliders and the changes you have made I was just wondering have you tested these in franchise mode and what r your stats like at the end of the year I really wanna start my franchise and these work great in play now so could you let me know does it matter if I play on 15 min with 20 sec acc?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #430
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Ok, it's time for a stat check as I'm 1/4 of the way through my season. I've been doing a Redskins season using the latest coach mode sliders. The only change I've made is to reduce the CPU INT to 0 to match the human setting. I'm using the 2d6 method to call plays but I had to institute a house rule after 3 games to allow only one HB slip screen call per half. This play comes up way too much for the Skins and it's way too effective for them which was resulting in ridiculous receiving numbers for Portis.

Also, in field goal situations I quickly switch control of WAS to whatever team I'm playing. The reasons for this are twofold: one, my team might actually miss a FG. Two, it allows me to decline all field goal attempts that result in a holding call. I decline this penalty for both sides regardless of the result of the feild goal attempt.

Oh, and one other thing, I turned injuries off just so I could look at the stats for my main guys after 16 games to compare them to last year's numbers. I'm running fatigue at 70. It's ok that way but I'd like to set it higher. I started at 85 but I ran into the disappearing 4th quarter player problem. At 70 I haven't seen that problem. I also ran a full Pats season previously at 70 and never had a disappearing player problem then either. I'm using somebodys auto sub settings...sorry but I can't remember whose slider set I lifted them from.

After 4 games I'm sitting at 2-2. Here's the scores:

WAS-13 at NYG-20
STL-30 at WAS-17
WAS-34 at DET-31 OT
TB-13 at WAS-23

PF-87 PA-94

Team Stats

Offense
Total Offense Yards-1,181
Total Passing-864
Total Rushing-317
PPG-21.7
Passing TDs-7
Rushing TDs-1

Defense
Passing Yards Allowed-1,056
Rushing Yards Allowed-603!!!
Sacks-7

Turnovers
Giveaways-4(3 INT, 1 Fumble)
Takeaways-6(4 INT, 2 Fumble)
Diff-+2

Penalties
14 for 154 yards

Player Stats

Offense:

Passing
Campbell:
Attempts-121
Comp-70
Comp Percentage-57
Yards-938
Long-74
AVG Per Game-234.5
AVG Per Attempt-7.7
Rating-91.5
TD-7
INT-3
Sacked-11

Rushing
Portis-63 attempts, 242 yards, 3.8avg, 60.5avg/game, 1TD, 10BTK, Long-38

Betts-26 attempts, 63 yards, 2.4avg, 15.7avg/game, 3BTK, Long-18

Receiving(I am not listing every single player who caught a pass, just the notables)
Portis-15 for 159, 1TD
S. Moss-12 for 257, 2TD
D. Thomas-11 for 204, 1TD
Cooley-10 for 95
Williams-4 for 54
Yoder-4 for 28, 2TD
Sellers-4 for 27, 1TD
Randle El-3 for 40

Defense:
Just the notables:

Fletcher-24 tackles
McIntosh-16 tackles, 1INT
Haynesworth-13 tackles, 2 sacks
Hall-12 tackles, 1INT
C. Rogers-8 tackles, 1 sack, 1INT
P. Daniels-7 tackles, 2 sacks
C. Griffin-7 tackles, 2 sacks

Overall these numbers aren't too bad at all. I'm a little alarmed at my rushing yards allowed. WAS had the 8th ranked run defense last year and added Haynesworth. To be fair I did have to contend with Jacobs and Steven Jackson in my first two games. They both ripped me a new one. We'll see if these numbers go down as the season progresses. I'm also hoping my running numbers improve over the course of the season. Portis ran at a 4.3 average last year and he's sitting at 3.8 in my sim. A big game or two should boost that right up, and there's plenty of season left.

I already mentioned my problem with Portis and the screen pass and that's the reason for his monster receiving numbers. That should tone itself down with my new house rule. I also must note poor Randle El. The guy only has 3 catches for 40 yards after 4 games. I sure hope he's not up for a new deal next season! His agent is going to have a hard time selling those numbers if they don't improve.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #431
Pro

budsticky, thanks very much for posting those numbers.

I just played a game (play sliders, not coach, although I'm working with a modified version, because I'm experimenting).

I can't seem to paste tables like HC can, so here's some ugly formating

Score: NY Giants 23 (CPU), Chiefs (Me) 10
Total Offense: G 255, C 242
Rushing: G 76, C 79 (Jacobs went out of the game early in the 3rd quarter)
Pasing: G 179 (14-23-0), C 163 (22-38-2)
Turnovers: G 0, C 2
TOP: G 20.1, C 23.5
Total Plays: G 44, C 63

Those stats are a little misleading, because I was down 23-3 and piled on some "oh by the way" yards in the last three minutes. Johnson was 12-63, so he did quite well, but the Giants pass rush was just killing me (as it should--my o-line was totally overmatched).

The one thing I didn't do was use the sprint button. It gets backs to the hole just a bit sooner, early enough to wreck the defense. Johnson had some legitimate holes to run through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #432
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Ok, it's time for a stat check as I'm 1/4 of the way through my season. I've been doing a Redskins season using the latest coach mode sliders. The only change I've made is to reduce the CPU INT to 0 to match the human setting.

I did this too.

Also, in field goal situations I quickly switch control of WAS to whatever team I'm playing. The reasons for this are twofold: one, my team might actually miss a FG. Two, it allows me to decline all field goal attempts that result in a holding call. I decline this penalty for both sides regardless of the result of the feild goal attempt.

I'll probably start doing this when I get into franchise. I was keeping unlimited rewind on hand so that I could give a do-over to the team when it happened, but after testing the control of both offenses with you the other day, this is a much better option.

After 4 games I'm sitting at 2-2. Here's the scores:

WAS-13 at NYG-20
STL-30 at WAS-17
WAS-34 at DET-31 OT
TB-13 at WAS-23

PF-87 PA-94

Good scores. I just don't see how people get blown up by the CPU.

Team Stats

Offense
Total Offense Yards-1,181
Total Passing-864
Total Rushing-317
PPG-21.7
Passing TDs-7
Rushing TDs-1

Defense
Passing Yards Allowed-1,056
Rushing Yards Allowed-603!!!
Sacks-7

150/g ouch. Nice that they got 7 sacks and gave up 11 though.

Turnovers
Giveaways-4(3 INT, 1 Fumble)
Takeaways-6(4 INT, 2 Fumble)
Diff-+2

Penalties
14 for 154 yards

Player Stats

Offense:

Passing
Campbell:
Attempts-121
Comp-70
Comp Percentage-57
Yards-938
Long-74
AVG Per Game-234.5
AVG Per Attempt-7.7
Rating-91.5
TD-7
INT-3
Sacked-11

Rushing
Portis-63 attempts, 242 yards, 3.8avg, 60.5avg/game, 1TD, 10BTK, Long-38

Betts-26 attempts, 63 yards, 2.4avg, 15.7avg/game, 3BTK, Long-18

Receiving(I am not listing every single player who caught a pass, just the notables)

Portis-15 for 159, 1TD
S. Moss-12 for 257, 2TD
D. Thomas-11 for 204, 1TD
Cooley-10 for 95
Williams-4 for 54
Yoder-4 for 28, 2TD
Sellers-4 for 27, 1TD
Randle El-3 for 40

Yeah, he shouldn't be leading the team.

Defense:
Just the notables:

Fletcher-24 tackles
McIntosh-16 tackles, 1INT
Haynesworth-13 tackles, 2 sacks
Hall-12 tackles, 1INT
C. Rogers-8 tackles, 1 sack, 1INT
P. Daniels-7 tackles, 2 sacks
C. Griffin-7 tackles, 2 sacks

Because of the stat tracking these are solo only right?

Overall these numbers aren't too bad at all. I'm a little alarmed at my rushing yards allowed. WAS had the 8th ranked run defense last year and added Haynesworth. To be fair I did have to contend with Jacobs and Steven Jackson in my first two games. They both ripped me a new one. We'll see if these numbers go down as the season progresses. I'm also hoping my running numbers improve over the course of the season. Portis ran at a 4.3 average last year and he's sitting at 3.8 in my sim. A big game or two should boost that right up, and there's plenty of season left.

I was thinking of flipping the run direction in franchise if I was pretty certain the side LT was going to was stacked against him. Wonder how that alone might give the little boost needed to get the smaller backs what they need with the sliders.
Thanks for all the info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »