Home

Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill's v3 Realism Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #41
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

With the game length at 12 minutes, my total plays average has been in the 50's. Probably wouldn't affect anything by bumping up the game time?

And, anybody using these sliders with coach mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I have no problem at all getting sacks with my team. Usually 3-5 a game.
I can buy into someone having better stick skills than me and pulling this off (I'm no pro), but I haven't actually heard anyone contradict what I'm saying yet. When I've let the defense do its thing coach mode style (these sliders seem to be pretty good for that too) or just played the non-rushing players, the sacks don't come - penetration doesn't occur - the way it does when the CPUs on defense.

I don't want to take this thread off track, so if someone could link me to that specific sort of discussion with potential ways to improve user controlled and/or coach mode pass rushing I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
With the game length at 12 minutes, my total plays average has been in the 50's. Probably wouldn't affect anything by bumping up the game time?

And, anybody using these sliders with coach mode?
I will be! I have only done one game with ver 2 and then ver 3 was posted. I hope to get a coach mode game in when I get off this evening.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I don't know how you guys are avoiding the robo QB. I just started a new NE franchise using these sliders and got beat in my first game by Buffalo. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but I definitely saw a lot of robo QB both in this game and the Play Now games I did before it.

Edwards was 18-23 for 78%. It's not like I didn't get pressure either. I sacked him 3 times and hurried him quite a few times as well.

I think the problem really has nothing to do with any sliders. Rather, I think the CPU AI just abuses the hell out of passing to the open flats, especially to running backs. The CPU also likes throwing the in routes across the middle with TEs and slot receivers. As a case in point, in my game Buffalo's two outside receivers, Owens and Evans, combined for 3 catches against me. Owens only had one catch and it was for just 2 yards! What kind of play calling is that? You only go to Owens once the whole game? And I payed attention to this in the game as well. It's not like he targeted him and missed him. He actually only threw to him one time. As a coach I should have to account for Owens at all times knowing that he can hurt me bad. In this case I could have just as easily forgotten about him. In contrast, halfbacks, fullbacks, and tight ends caught a combined 10 passes against me. The remaing four catches went to slot receivers. For the most part the only time they throw to outside receivers is if they are on drag patterns across the middle.

I really hope this gets patched somehow. I try to change up my defense but if I cover up the flats they get me on a cross over the middle. It's really frustrating. At times I feel totally powerless to stop the the CPU. It's like the program kicks in and they are just going to score and there is nothing you can do about it. For those of you that are having success keeping QB completion percentage in check I'd love to hear what you do. Like I said earlier I only control guys on the D-Line, so maybe that's my biggest problem.

Either way these sliders are very fun and the games are quite enjoyable.
I came on here to address the same thing. I liked the V2 sliders BTW though I saw a lot of robo qb and that flats passing. On V2 my game turned out better with me losing 27-21. Was a fun game but I got abused by the Balt's RBs. They broke a lot of tackles and combined for over 200+ yds. So I decided to give V3 a try.

With V3 same preseason game Skins vs Balt, the robo qb was toned down some. Seemed I still couldn't get to the qb though. I'd be around him but couldn't sack him then he'd find a receiver. Mainly the RB. Also I have NO time in the pocket. Something I noticed with both versions. Something happens when I drop back and I can't catch it cause I'm looking for the open receiver. The running game still hurt me some though not as much. Rice still broke a lot of tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

I only had time for one game last night so I want to try these again vs. Pitt. I like the theories behind the changes and would be if only I had some time in the pocket. JC had decent numbers but that was mainly cuz I hit CP with quick pass in the flat (ironic I know) cuz I had to get rid of it. Was able to take that one to the house.

Thanks for the work on these though. Enjoying the game better than out the box that's for sure.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #45
All Star

OVR: 33

this is getting easy. scoring 50+ every game and only running 100 plays approx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Good stuff. I'm playing regular mode(not coach mode) and I'm having fun. I still seem to be getting plagued by the AI getting into robo QB mode. I'm thinking it might be the way I play. I always control either a DT or DE. I never switch to another guy once I have control of my player. That's just the way I like to play. I know some people control safeties or linebackers manually, so maybe they have an easier time stopping the pass. Bill, how did you play when you were testing these sliders?
Budsticky, I'm finalizing some sliders for coaching mode that should be added later today or tomorrow.

To answer your question, I tried playing lots of different ways--coach mode, controlling QB, only, and controlling everyone.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #47
Pro

Quote:
I don't know how you guys are avoiding the robo QB. I just started a new NE franchise using these sliders and got beat in my first game by Buffalo. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but I definitely saw a lot of robo QB both in this game and the Play Now games I did before it.

Edwards was 18-23 for 78%. It's not like I didn't get pressure either. I sacked him 3 times and hurried him quite a few times as well.

I think the problem really has nothing to do with any sliders. Rather, I think the CPU AI just abuses the hell out of passing to the open flats, especially to running backs. The CPU also likes throwing the in routes across the middle with TEs and slot receivers. As a case in point, in my game Buffalo's two outside receivers, Owens and Evans, combined for 3 catches against me. Owens only had one catch and it was for just 2 yards! What kind of play calling is that? You only go to Owens once the whole game? And I payed attention to this in the game as well. It's not like he targeted him and missed him. He actually only threw to him one time. As a coach I should have to account for Owens at all times knowing that he can hurt me bad. In this case I could have just as easily forgotten about him. In contrast, halfbacks, fullbacks, and tight ends caught a combined 10 passes against me. The remaing four catches went to slot receivers. For the most part the only time they throw to outside receivers is if they are on drag patterns across the middle.

I really hope this gets patched somehow. I try to change up my defense but if I cover up the flats they get me on a cross over the middle. It's really frustrating. At times I feel totally powerless to stop the the CPU. It's like the program kicks in and they are just going to score and there is nothing you can do about it. For those of you that are having success keeping QB completion percentage in check I'd love to hear what you do. Like I said earlier I only control guys on the D-Line, so maybe that's my biggest problem.

For Coach, mode, your pass rush is going to be increased. It's reduced for people who play the game so that they can't abuse the pash rush. You might try increasing the Human pass rush to 80 and see how that works, or lower CPU blocking to 75.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #48
Pro

Quote:

Budsticky, sorry, should have read your post more closely. It sounds like you got plenty of pressure.

What I've noticed is that CPU QB's go through streaks where they get very hot. I've also seen them go through streaks where they stink, though.

I think I saw a note that defensive zone logic was improved with Patch #1. That will probably help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »