Home

OrangeBlood's Sliders

This is a discussion on OrangeBlood's Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: OrangeBlood's Sliders

i like the sliders, but on the human side, i increased QB accuracy to 50 and pass blocking to 35.

having a qb accuracy of 50 will still not make your qb perfect, but allow you to throw the ball low or high when YOU want to.

increasing the pass blocking to 35 will give you more realistic time in the pocket. i felt on orangeblood's, there were too many times were a 3 man front was blowing by my five lineman and a back.

I also increased my pass rush to 100. This slider is kind of wierd because even at 100 you really have to work to get to the QB, but no qb should have all day to throw when i am using the Redskins front four. i still get around 2 sacks a game , but the time the qb has in the pocket is more realistic. (2 sec compared to 5 sec).

for both the human and cpu i lowered the broken tackles to 5 and the tackling i raised to 35. there are too many broken tackles in big piles with guys who dont deserve it( ex wide recievers). you will still get your big backs breaking a few.

overall i like the sliders. i think on franchise these would work well

the two main areas that make the game realistic is having the cpu being able to run on you through created holes not multiple broken tackles. and when they pass ,make them earn it, increase the pass rush and make the qb find the open reciever .

one last note. i lowered human rush defense awareness to 5. this really makes the holes more realistic .

Last edited by celg35; 08-30-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just updated the sliders on the first page with the set that I am working on during the preseason of my fantasy drafted franchise.

Here are the stats from the game:

Code:
Box Score:
		1st	2nd	3rd	4th	Tot
Rams		0	3	0	0	3
Jets		0	21	0	3	24

Team Stats:

Rams				Jets
3		Score		24
258		Total Off	313
113		Rushing Yds	115
145		Passing Yds	198
12		First Downs	17
27		PR Yds		31
113		KR Yds		53
398		Total Yds	397
3 (-3)		Turnovers	0 (+3)
4-13 (30%)	3rd Down Conv	7-14 (50%)
1-1 (100%)	Red Zone %	3-4 (75%)
6-46		Penalties	3-25
20:14		Possession	39:46

Player Stats:

Passing

Player		Team	Rating	Comp	Att	Yds	Comp%	TD	INT	AVG
Matt Ryan	NYJ	122.6	12	16	143	75	1	0	8.9
Sage Rosenfels	NYJ	74.1	6	11	70	54	0	0	6.3

Matt Cassel	STL	21.3	8	18	94	44	0	2	5.2
Vince Young	STL	22.9	7	20	52	35	0	1	2.6

Rushing

Player			Team	Att	Yds	AVG	TD
Donald Brown		NYJ	14	60	4.2	1
LeSean McCoy		NYJ	13	34	2.6	1
Jamaal Charles		NYJ	10	23	2.3	0

Maurice Jones-Drew	STL	8	33	4.1	0
Kevin Faulk		STL	7	70	10.0	0

Receiving

Player			Team	Rec	Yds	Avg	TD
Michael Crabtree	NYJ	6	88	14.6	0
Jeremy Maclin		NYJ	3	43	14.3	0
Greg Olsen		NYJ	3	26	8.6	0

Arnaz Battle		STL	3	36	12.0	0
Maurice Jones-Drew	STL	2	26	13.0	0
Bo Scaife		STL	2	21	10.5	0

Team Sacks:

NYJ - 1
STL - 2
Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played my first game with these sliders against the Colts. I'm the Ravens. Also this is in Franchise mode since that apparently makes a difference. I wound up losing 25-10.

Early on both QBs were just torching the defense, I think the whole first quarter there wasn't an incompletion. It really evened out over the course of the game though. Manning wound up at 81.6 with a 64% completion rating, no TDs or picks. He did complete 24 passes on me though and moved the ball really well. Later in the game I could do NOTHING through the air. It feels like the defense definitely closes on you too quickly, I really never had time to find a receiver and so I had to make some bad decisions that led to incompletions. I had 1 TD and 2 picks, one of the picks was typical All-Madden type BS where a pass went right through the hands of a wide open tight end and straight to a defender 5 yards behind him. The second was pretty much my fault, it was late in the game where I was trying to move quickly up the field and had to gamble throwing to a not-so-open receiver.

Rushing felt pretty realistic, I could get some big gains going up the middle against the crappy Colts DTs and LBs (Brackett is hurt in my season so the middle is very weak). Running outside was almost impossible though, I'm tempted to blame the sliders for this because I can usually do it and I was getting no blocking against some pretty poorly rated OLBs.

Honestly, as lopsided as the game looks, one Colts TD was set up by a lost fumble on the opening kickoff return, and another scoring drive included a huge run by Addai that only happened because Ugoh got away with holding on the outside (anybody else seen this happen!? SO infuriating!!!!) Really the only thing I feel I need to tweak slider-wise is upping the pass blocking a bit so I have more time to operate in the pocket. I also had way too many penalties in my game but that's because I forgot to adjust them from being super-high from a different slider set :/

So I wouldn't say these sliders fare too poorly in Franchise...the game was very tough, but a Ravens/Colts game should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #36
Rookie

Neobuddha,

Did you use the updated sliders on the first post that I am playing with in my fantasy draft franchise?
Old 08-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm still skeptical of the notion that the sliders work differently in Franchise than in Play Now, and until I see some evidence I am just going to use your sliders in Franchise.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

They were the original sliders, because I started playing before you posted the new ones lol

Played a second game with the new sliders. I have a couple reoccuring issues so far.

One is that it seems to be almost impossible to stop the running game at all. I've now had both Joseph Addai and Willie Parker go BEAST on me despite playing one of the better run defending teams. In particular, they break way too many tackles. Ray Lewis probably shouldn't be whiffing one on one with Willie Parker :/

Another thing is that at this level of Player Skill the computer definitely seems to be cheating to make the game difficult...just in my last game I noticed two blatantly impossible things.

1) It's a rain game so guys are falling. When my receiver falls. He's down for at least 3 seconds, and of course he's the only guy open on the play. = SACK. Next drive, the Steelers' receiver falls down and IMMEDIATELY teleports back into his standing position to make a TD grab. Huh?

2) Another B.S. interception. This time it doesn't even go through the guy's hands. As my slot receiver streaks across the middle, the ball actually goes THROUGH HIS STOMACH as he tries to catch it and goes into the hands of the MLB behind him. Again, I go to the replay...it doesn't go through his hands or get tipped to the defender. IT CLIPS THROUGH HIS TORSO. This kind of crap is exactly why I try to use sliders instead of just playing All-Madden, because it's full of questionable stuff like this.

Worth noting though, that if you take away the B.S. pick (which got returned for 6), the final score would have been 28-24, which I think is a pretty realistic outcome.

I think I'm going to try lowering each difficulty level by 1 and seeing if that helps. I may just not be good enough to play on your level lol...
Old 08-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfreaklgg
I'm still skeptical of the notion that the sliders work differently in Franchise than in Play Now, and until I see some evidence I am just going to use your sliders in Franchise.
Same here...the original slider set that you had up OrangeBlood, worked fine in franchise, I havent tried the updated set yet, but I feel like changing to much just for the sake of the belief that sliders have different effect may turn everything haywire. Hopefully not, gonna try them soon.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #40
Rookie

Being that I have the pass rush at the level it is you really need to be in sync with your recievers. You don't have a ton of time back there to scan the field like you do with default sliders especially if you have a suspect offensive line (one that is not good at pass blocking). This means you must throw the ball on time, you've got two possibly three reads before you have to move...if you have a good pass blocking line or the defense has poor pass rushers you will have longer.

Also, you are not going to have a lot of time to sit back there and wait to throw deep, if you want to go deep you almost have to set it up with play-action unless you have a mismatch along the offensive line.

The same thing happens to my defense. If my defensive line is better than the offensive line I will be in the backfield all day but if I am facing an elite left tackle he is bascially able to neutralize my best pass rush threat (unless you are playing with an elite pass rusher).

You must play to your strengths. If you have a run blocking line you must run the ball, throw quick passes and go deep off of play-action. If you have a pass blocking line you'll be able to get a little more time back there.

Using bill's theroy's on the sliders I have setup my slider set so that you really have to pay attention to where you are better than our opponent. If you are going up against elite level players either stay away from them when you are on offense or pay attention to them when you are on defese unless you are able to counter with an elite level player of your own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »