Home

do custom sliders work in franchise

This is a discussion on do custom sliders work in franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
do custom sliders work in franchise

are custom sliders working in franchise season and postseason. i would like to start a couple with bills and playmakers. but i've read that whatever sliders you use in franchise as opposed to play now games don't play the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: do custom sliders work in franchise

Yea people are saying that sliders play differently in Play Now vs Franchise mode. I don't know the truth to that, but I haven't had a problem with Franchise. I'm using Playmakers sliders in my Bears franchise and I've had some great games....just beat the Packers 24-21 in a classic Packers vs Bears game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

The sliders definitely work. But yeah, there have been reports by some people saying the games play harder in franchise and some have said they play easier. I've noticed that they seem to play harder. This is one of those things that nobody can prove, but a lot of people have noticed...kinda like the comeback logic controversy from HNL 09 if you've ever played that game and read the forums for it.

Don't let this scare you away from starting a franchise though. It's not like the slider set is totally disregarded and the game reverts you back to a default level. Your sliders should still be respected within the games..you might just notice a slight change in difficulty. As I've said, they seem a little more difficult for me. I just rationalize this by thinking that teams play you harder when the games mean something.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Sliders do work. You can change them from the main menu and they will still affect an existing franchise when load it again. Likewise, you can change the sliders during the game and save your profile after the game. This is a huge + if you're dialing in some homebrew sliders.

While talking about franchise sliders...you should take the time to edit the coaching sliders. When starting a franchise, set the CPU to control all depth chard, FA, draft and roster adjustments. Select control for all 32 teams. (You wont really have to control all of them, this is just so you can have access to edit the coach sliders)

Then go to all the coaches and turn their defensive aggression down 4 or 5 notches. This should reduce the number of DUMB 8 man blitzes they do. I would also suggest reducing offensive aggression for a couple of teams, like colts and pats who are getting absurd stats (even for them) in the passing game. There's a whole discussion going on about the coaching sliders in one of the threads around here. It's worth reading up on.

Then when you have coaching sliders edited for all teams. Select the one team you actually want to control and go the "Franchise Options" from that team and set user control for draft, FA, depth, etc.. Don't forget to save your franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »