Home

SolidSnake07's custom sliders.

This is a discussion on SolidSnake07's custom sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6
SolidSnake07's custom sliders.

I dont think its ever too late to post sliders so here goes. I've been getting some pretty good results with this set so I thought I'd share them with the OS community. This is the first time I've posted slider sets on here or any other message board.

Game Options
Play Call Style: Advanced
Quarter Lenght: 15 min
Accelerated Clock: 15 seconds
Injury: 50
Fatigue: 45
Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 40
Fight for Fumble: Off

Auto subs:

Everyone set to 82 in/87 out except the QB who stays at 60.

Penalties:

All penalties on 100 except Holding and Face Mask stay at 50 and Clipping is at 90.

Human:

QB Acc: 37
Pass Blck: 20
WR Catch: 20

Note: I hesitated to do this at first but I realised how easy it was to pass with the sliders set to default so I had to make the passing game a bit of a challenge. Recievers will still make catches as long as they are open, with the occasional dropped pass, but if you try and throw it to them with a defender all over them it will fall incomplete. I also notice the QB will over/under throw his target when under pressure. If youre wondering if having the Pass Block at 20 will make it difficult to throw the deep pass then the answer is........... yes. I found it too easy to just chuck it down field on default which led to a lot of high scoring 15 minute quarter games. You can still go deep but you must pick your spots.

Broken Tackles: 50
Run Block: 50
Fumbles: 20

Note: I did this because I wanted a reasonable running game to go with a challenging passing game. I have had games were I would average around 4.5 yards a run and I've had games were I average under 3 and sometimes 2 yards a carry. I also did the same for the CPU.

Pass Defense
Reaction Time: 27
Int: 0
Pass Rush: 50

Note: I blitz like crazy on this game and sometimes I just rush 4. The reaction time may seem low but its still possible to play D.

Run Defense
Reaction Time: 25
Block Shed: 25
Tackle: 25

Note: I have the CPUs run D sliders at all 50s but I wanted mine a bit lower. The CPU has had good running games against me and sometimes the CPU cant buy a yard. Each game I've played has given different results.

CPU

Passing
QB Acc: 37
Pass Block: 0
WR Catch: 25

Note: From time to time even at 0 the CPUs offensive line will block like mad but I've been able to generate decent pressure non the less. I may up the QB acc to 40 or 45 though.

Rushing:
Broken Tackle: 50
Run Block: 50
Fumble: 20

Note: Again I want to make passing difficult but not running. Even at 20 I still dont see enough fumbles from either side so I may lower this even more.

Pass D
Reaction: 50
Int: 0
Pass Rush: 0

Note: Even at 0 the CPU can still get off a few blitzes if I cant recognize it and a few sacks if I hold the ball too long.

Run D
Reaction: 50
Block Shed: 50
Tackle: 50

Note: I wanted the CPU to have a better run D than me.
-------------------------------------

So what do you guys think? Some feedback would be nice since this is my first ever slider set thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

Re: SolidSnake07's custom sliders.

Doesnt anyone wanna look at and critique my slider set?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

I got you. When I get home from work I'll test em, and get back to you.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

thanks
Old 08-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Banned

Just played a game with your sliders. I must say it was the best game I played so far. I lost 24-14 to the Panthers. Sorry I didn't post stats. But I saw some stuff I haven't seen in the game. My FG got blocked. I return a kickoff with DeSean Jackson. Players were breaking tackles but not all crazy like. But all in all pretty decent sliders. I gonna play another game later to see if I get the same experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
Just played a game with your sliders. I must say it was the best game I played so far. I lost 24-14 to the Panthers. Sorry I didn't post stats. But I saw some stuff I haven't seen in the game. My FG got blocked. I return a kickoff with DeSean Jackson. Players were breaking tackles but not all crazy like. But all in all pretty decent sliders. I gonna play another game later to see if I get the same experience.

Wow your FG got blocked? Thats never happened to me ever.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
Wow your FG got blocked? Thats never happened to me ever.
Yea. I watched it over and over again in slow motion, and the guy just walked through the middle of the line and blocked my FG. I was like WTF. Cause you could clearly see him just walk through the line and then he was blocking my FG. Crazy.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
Banned

I played a couple more games, and just like the rest of the sliders, you have a decent game (whether you win or lose) then it just gets unbelievably unrealistic. After I played Carolina, I played New Orleans. By the middle of the 2nd qtr. McNabb had 4 int's(3 by this one guy, I can't remember his name). They were like unstoppable in all phases of the game. By the middle of the second qtr. the score was 28-0. So for some reason I supersimmed to the end of the game. OMG! The final score was 101-21. Drew Brees finished with 673 yds. and 6 td's. Reggie Bush rushed for 201 yds. and scored 4 td's. I was like this is ridiculous. Then I played the Chiefs. It seemed to be the opposite of the Saints game. McNabb at half had over 300 yds and 4 td's. The score at half was 59-9. I just turned it off. So its not the sliders but the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »