Home

Two key slider questions I would like to see addressed by the devs..

This is a discussion on Two key slider questions I would like to see addressed by the devs.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Two key slider questions I would like to see addressed by the devs..

After nearly three weeks of having this game and countless hours of testing and retesting various slider sets I have discovered two main anomalies which I'm unable to explain. One of these anomalies has been discussed a lot in this sub-section of the Madden forums and the other has not. The one that has not been discussed has probably not been discussed because not many people play in that style. I'll start with the first inconsistency that many people have seemed to notice.

1. Why do sliders operate differently in Play Now mode compared to Franchise mode?

I have seen this reported all over these boards. Nobody can actually prove it, but the testimony of dozens of people who have put in hundreds of hours into this game combined cannot be ignored. Some have already gone as far as creating slider sets specifically for Franchise play. What is it about the game engine and how the sliders operate which creates a difference in these two game modes? This makes some of the extensive testing that Bill Harris and others have done in practice mode almost useless for those of us that want to run a franchise. All the testing in the world in practice mode will do nothing but give you a base set of sliders to work with which will require further tweaking when taken into Franchise. And certainly it is much harder to effectively test sliders in the ever changing world of franchise. Even if you start and re-start a franchise and continually play the same game you are still dealing with different play calls and different situations in each of those games. This seems to be in effect for both regular style players and coach mode players.

Why can't we have sliders that are universal and work the same across all modes?

2. If I'm playing in coach mode and I'm not controlling any of my players why do the two teams not perform equally when both of their sliders are set the same?

This one is of interest to the relatively small niche group of coach mode players. However, one only need to look at the latter half of Bill Harris' thread to see that there are several of us who once again have put in countless hours testing and re-testing sliders, both Bill's and other sets on here. We have all come to the conclusion that the CPU player needs a boost to play effectively with the human player. If all of the players are in essence being controlled by the AI why do the human team's players have the advantage? Shouldn't I be able to set all sliders exactly the same for both human and CPU and get a fair game? Some say that the human has an advantage because of superior game planning and play calling. Some of us have tried random play calling. Some of us have tried to just pick the very first play when you use Ask Madden. This should theoretically eliminate the superiority of the human as a play caller. Still, the results remain the same. The CPU player is inferior despite the fact that a human is not actually controlling their players.

For coach mode players why can't we have both sides perform only to their ratings without giving some sort of boost to the human controlled team?

Last edited by budsticky; 09-03-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Two key slider questions I would like to see addressed by the devs..

I'm not a devo. for Madden but,
after I don't wanna say how many hours of watching/playing games in play now and franchise.

Play now seems tuned to make the cpu more aggressive, they will pass 2xs more than they run. Which leads to more ints and pick 6 chances.

Thats why I added coaching schemes to setup for each team(Zero custom sliders, Franchise Mode), so the cpu and lowered rated teams wouldn't try and act like the Pats and Tom Brady and pass 40-50 times.
So I belive if you want to get the best gameplay, you gotta test games in the franchise mode. W/ adjusted coaching schemes.

I hope to have my sliders completed by the end of this week. Any feedback will be considered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »