Home

Lower scoring games.

This is a discussion on Lower scoring games. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Lower scoring games.

For those of you who are getting fairly low scoring games, please let me know what sliders you are using. I am averaging 32 points on offense through 8 games of the season with the Bears. I have interceptions turned down to 5 so I hardly ever get a pick-6. I am scoring my points on offense. I have my CPU passing at 25. The computer's pass reaction time at 75, my pass blocking is default All-Pro (50), as is the computer's pass rush. My running is all default All-Pro. I'm losing interest in the game because every single game is an offensive showcase for both teams. If I do not find a solution soon, Madden will go on the shelf, yet again for me. Especially with NHL 10 coming out in less than 10 days.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lower scoring games.

Look at Bill's v3 Realism Sliders on the first page. He worked a long time at getting these right and they are in my opinion the best that you will find. Hope they help.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

i tried Bills sliders and i was avg-ing way too many points
Old 09-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Football4natic's sliders have been working great for me.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:22 AM   #5
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm postin mine up 2morrow using the slider logic from bill2145? post about how sliders work. For the last week I've been "researching" and will post stats from all of my test games. If they work for you like they do for me you'll be happy. And if you still mnage 32ppg you would earned it. But most certainly check those other guys' sliders out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NON PHIXION
i tried Bills sliders and i was avg-ing way too many points
When you were using Bill's sliders did you make sure you adjusted all of them to his settings. Also, you might want to make sure you used the right ones as he made them for play mode as well as coach mode separately. I also believe they were meant for franchise only because they react differently in play now mode.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
For those of you who are getting fairly low scoring games, please let me know what sliders you are using. I am averaging 32 points on offense through 8 games of the season with the Bears. I have interceptions turned down to 5 so I hardly ever get a pick-6. I am scoring my points on offense. I have my CPU passing at 25. The computer's pass reaction time at 75, my pass blocking is default All-Pro (50), as is the computer's pass rush. My running is all default All-Pro. I'm losing interest in the game because every single game is an offensive showcase for both teams. If I do not find a solution soon, Madden will go on the shelf, yet again for me. Especially with NHL 10 coming out in less than 10 days.
I will say it again, there is no one size fits all slider set(Not Taking a Shot At You). If all else looks good with the game , then take the areas that you think you are too good in and just start going down from there.

I already see that your pass blocking is too high and CPU pass rush is too low IF you are passing on the CPU with ease.

Lower your run blocking anywhere between 10-20 and let me know what you think.

IMO Dans Team sliders have really saved the game for me along with some of my house rules.
1. I let Madden pick my plays and I choose 1 of the 6
2. I do not switch players at all
3. I am allowed only one highlight stick move per carry.
4. i do not hit turbo after picks

The only thing is with Dans sliders I have some sliders that I use across the board, let me know if I can help you out.

EDIT: I also control all teams and make coaching slider adjustments for defense and offense

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 09-04-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: EDIT
Old 09-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

I am looking for some sliders that produce defensive games as well. I play 15 minute quarters with 20 sec acc clock and always in up in a shoot out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »