Home

What is the best THRESHOLD to use

This is a discussion on What is the best THRESHOLD to use within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
What is the best THRESHOLD to use

I have tried about 5 diffrent sliders set of some incredible work of our guys here in the forum and alot of great ideas but I couldnt find the "PERFECT SET" so I decided to COMBINE playmakers,Bills and DB'S and I am enjoying the games all I need now is alot of opinions or if anyone has fully tested the THRESHOLD please post here your observations.

I am undecided if 75 is better of default 50 is the best. I read that 75 will help improve the game and help with the FLATS.

Please post what your using and what you have tried. I also would like explanation or theory behind the THRESHOLD if any of you have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What is the best THRESHOLD to use

I play with 48 threshold. I did alot of testing with this.

Im in practice mode, (offense only), I am the bears and select the play four verticals (but flip it to get hester right at the LOS) i run the play and let him run his heart out.

I go to replay (as im told this is full speed when played back) and start timing him 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. I do this because i am going by 40yard dash time, and by starting the timer 5 yards into his run, hopefully it averages out with him wearing pads. (hope that wasnt to confusing)

I do the play ten times and then take the average.

I then repeated the same play with different players. (each put at WR by editing the player). Mostly rookies as there 40yard dash time is easy to get. I tried DE, MLB, CB, QB, and OL

I remember timing andre smith and i got his 40yard dash time spot on at 5.09.

I believe that this is good realism. Im sure you could bump it up to 50 and it wouldnt make that much difference. I have seen the CPU go deep much more often with this threshold ( i played with 75 threshold to begin with). Also, it is easier to get OLB sacks as OLB's are quicker than lineman. Plus i am yet to see any suction blocking after playing alot of games.

The only annoying thing is where the speedy slot guy gets abused as he is open more. (Josh Cribbs and Andre Davis to mention two).

But im a sucker for realism and love strategy and tactics. So, like in real life, im going to have to plan for Chris Johnson and Felix Jones, by spreading my LB's or by keeping a safety over the top against Randy Moss.

Anyway enough of the rant. Hope it helps.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey that does help alot. I want to thank you for taking the timing writing that and makes alot of sense. I appreciate your testing also I will go try my settings on THRESHOLD 48 and see what happens playing the same game ive been testing on and I will post both game stats and maybe you can help me decide what might need adjusting.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Rookie

No worries mate. Im just glad i can help. I love these forums because everyone just wants the same thing, a great game of madden. And my game has vastly improved since finding the right slider sets and threshold etc on here so i want to help other gamers because i know how much fun im having playing the game.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So stefan, what game speed do you use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play on slow anything faster looks like a sped up game film. Very slow is a bit too much. I use 0 on threshold. It looks the most realistic to me.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
So stefan, what game speed do you use?
I play on fast. Again i started off with slow, but fast suits me better. I like the challenge of making decisions quickly, but its not so fast that my stick skills cant keep up. I think it is more realistic on fast. Bill Harris did alot of work on this on his sliders and after awhile the game does slow down for you (such as in real life). Its obviously personal preference due to how quick your reactions are though.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Trustpt's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafilthymofo
I play on slow anything faster looks like a sped up game film. Very slow is a bit too much. I use 0 on threshold. It looks the most realistic to me.
I play with 0 TH too. Mainly because I like to get separation with fast WRs. But I also hate when I'm running a stretch play with CJ for example and I'm not able to outrun players that are way slower than him while running to the sideline. I use jukeman's sliders in slow speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »