Home

Can somebody please explain to me the RB1/RB2 coaching scheme slider?

This is a discussion on Can somebody please explain to me the RB1/RB2 coaching scheme slider? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Can somebody please explain to me the RB1/RB2 coaching scheme slider?

I've been looking at this slider in my franchise under the coaching scheme. Some teams have it set way up to around 80% or more towards RB1 which looks like it should mean that the team prefers giving to their number 1 RB. The teams that have it this way make sense: Atlanta, SD, MIN, etc... The problem is that all teams seem to just hand off to the number 1 back until he fatigues and gets subbed out regardless of where this slider is at. Even teams that have it set at 50/50 for RB1/RB2 do this. Is this slider broken or am I not understanding it? Is there something else I need to set if I want the cpu to more realistically switch backs for those teams that run more dual back systems?

As it stands now I can't see any difference whatsoever in how CPU controlled offenses rotate their backs. It's simply run RB1 until he reaches his sub out status, and then run him again as soon as he reaches his sub in status. There is no regard for trying to more evenly split up carries for teams that use this strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Can somebody please explain to me the RB1/RB2 coaching scheme slider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I've been looking at this slider in my franchise under the coaching scheme. Some teams have it set way up to around 80% or more towards RB1 which looks like it should mean that the team prefers giving to their number 1 RB. The teams that have it this way make sense: Atlanta, SD, MIN, etc... The problem is that all teams seem to just hand off to the number 1 back until he fatigues and gets subbed out regardless of where this slider is at. Even teams that have it set at 50/50 for RB1/RB2 do this. Is this slider broken or am I not understanding it? Is there something else I need to set if I want the cpu to more realistically switch backs for those teams that run more dual back systems?

As it stands now I can't see any difference whatsoever in how CPU controlled offenses rotate their backs. It's simply run RB1 until he reaches his sub out status, and then run him again as soon as he reaches his sub in status. There is no regard for trying to more evenly split up carries for teams that use this strategy.
yh the rb1/rb2 sliders are broken,the best thing you can do is manually change your running backs on formation subs.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Is this something that could be corrected in the second patch?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is sim only. All the coaching stats are. Turn up a team's offensive aggression up, and you won't see any difference in what they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »