Home

625-640 IQ sliders

This is a discussion on 625-640 IQ sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: 625-640 IQ sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
btw, i played two more games. i played the patriots first and it was a high-scoring game. i wound up winning it 31-21. not that brady is a perfect qb, but there were a few throws he made that made me wonder wth was going wrong (i picked off two of his passes early in the game). i wanted to fear brady when he stepped back to throw, and that wasn't the case.

i played the steelers for my second game, and just as i expected, it was a back and forth struggle. i won the game 10-7, but it should have been tied in the fourth because the steelers missed a close range fg. i forgot to mention this, but in the first game i played using your sliders (vs. the jets), they also missed a close-range fg, so i decided to just put the special teams settings back at the default setting for now until you post your updates.

all in all, not bad, but i want to struggle on defense just a little more. good start though.
Relating to special teams I agree, too many missed FG's by the cpu so I will crank the accuracy up a bit, maybe even power slightly.

As far as CPU offense, what in your opinion needs the most attention? I'm thinking that cpu QB's need a little help, so maybe raise their accuracy slightly and also raise their pass blk a bit to give them slightly more time, which should minimize errant throws. Of course we don't want to go overboard on this because then robo-qb will appear! I don't think the cpu run game can be helped anymore as I already had their blocking at 99, and I'm not willing to raise BRK BLK higher because I hate an unrealistic number of broken tackles. I hate to dumb down the HUM defense much more, because then their reactions are way too slow making for very unrealistic defensive play? Any complaints or issues with HUM offense? I had thought about raising hum qb accuracy a bit too, but don't want to make things too easy. Are you having success running the ball?

I won't be able to get any games in until late tonight, but I will update with some changes tonight or tomorrow sometime.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #18
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Relating to special teams I agree, too many missed FG's by the cpu so I will crank the accuracy up a bit, maybe even power slightly.
yeah. maybe i would understand if they were fg attempts from beyond 45 yards, but these were almost in extra-point range.

Quote:
As far as CPU offense, what in your opinion needs the most attention? I'm thinking that cpu QB's need a little help, so maybe raise their accuracy slightly and also raise their pass blk a bit to give them slightly more time, which should minimize errant throws. Of course we don't want to go overboard on this because then robo-qb will appear! I don't think the cpu run game can be helped anymore as I already had their blocking at 99, and I'm not willing to raise BRK BLK higher because I hate an unrealistic number of broken tackles. I hate to dumb down the HUM defense much more, because then their reactions are way too slow making for very unrealistic defensive play?
i think the cpu run game (well, at least for my level of play) is pretty decent, but could use a slight (and i mean slight) bump up in level of difficulty. i've been able to stuff teams on the run, but on the other hand, they've broken off some good runs on me. i think what really needs to be addressed is the WR catch. something i forgot to mention when i wrote that last post was when brady threw a bomb to randy moss. i switched over to the CB to bat the ball away, but i jerked the left stick down too much and the defender moved off of moss. it should have been 6 points since moss was all alone. again, i understand that moss is not going to catch everything thrown his way, but he was basically all alone and i should have been burned on that one.

Quote:
Any complaints or issues with HUM offense? I had thought about raising hum qb accuracy a bit too, but don't want to make things too easy.
it's weird. there are some drives where i score a td and it feels too easy, but then in the games i played versus the steelers and jets, i only managed to score one td in each of those. maybe the human run should be toned down a bit? then again, i'm using two of the best backs in the league with ronnie brown and ricky williams, so maybe i find it easier using them.

Quote:
Are you having success running the ball?
like i said, yes, but maybe i'm having more success because of ricky and ronnie. i don't play with anyone other than the phins, so i haven't been able to judge from another team's perspective. like i said, i wouldn't mind it being a little tougher.

Quote:
I won't be able to get any games in until late tonight, but I will update with some changes tonight or tomorrow sometime.
awesome, i'll be waiting. remember to open up a thread this time.

Last edited by deagledan; 09-28-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
yeah. maybe i would understand if they were fg attempts from beyond 45 yards, but these were almost in extra-point range.
Yep, same here. The thing I hate is with special teams being universal is that good settings for the cpu make FGs WAY too easy for HUM controlled teams. Oh well, all we can do is balance it out without separate sliders. I'm thinking for an initial adjustment I will raise FG POW - 44, and FG ACC - 50

Quote:
i think the cpu run game (well, at least for my level of play) is pretty decent, but could use a slight (and i mean slight) bump up in level of difficulty. i've been able to stuff teams on the run, but on the other hand, they've broken off some good runs on me. i think what really needs to be addressed is the WR catch. something i forgot to mention when i wrote that last post was when brady threw a bomb to randy moss. i switched over to the CB to bat the ball away, but i jerked the left stick down too much and the defender moved off of moss. it should have been 6 points since moss was all alone. again, i understand that moss is not going to catch everything thrown his way, but he was basically all alone and i should have been burned on that one.
I agree I'd like the cpu run game a bit stronger but the only way I can see accomplishing that would be to raise BRK TKL and then you would likely see a ridiculous number of broken tackles, which I really hate. For now I will probably leave their run game alone.

I have also seen way too many dropped passes post-patch, and on both sides of the ball! I didn't think they did anything in the patch to affect pass catching but I certainly see more drops now. Rather than make any dramatic adjustments, I'm thinking of increasing PASS CTH to 40-45 for now, and leave QB ACC at 25. I do not want to see every pass completed so we'll raise WR only initially.

Quote:
it's weird. there are some drives where i score a td and it feels too easy, but then in the games i played versus the steelers and jets, i only managed to score one td in each of those. maybe the human run should be toned down a bit? then again, i'm using two of the best backs in the league with ronnie brown and ricky williams, so maybe i find it easier using them.

like i said, yes, but maybe i'm having more success because of ricky and ronnie. i don't play with anyone other than the phins, so i haven't been able to judge from another team's perspective. like i said, i wouldn't mind it being a little tougher.
To me that sounds very realistic ... sometimes offense clicks, sometimes it doesn't. Especially when you take the different team defenses into consideration (i.e. Steelers should be harder to score on) ... unless your the Bengals of course! haha

As far as the HUM run game, I think you really have to test using different RBs and O-lines. I want sliders that are noticeably different when running with AP and the Vikes compared to Smith and the Lions. I try to do most of my testing with average teams like the Bills or Broncos, then every now and then mix in a game using a team/player that is highly rated to verify I feel the difference. So far I have had to earn my yards rushing using mediocre teams so I will leave HUM run game alone for now.

Quote:
awesome, i'll be waiting. remember to open up a thread this time.
The other slider set I was experimenting with didn't work out as well so as you requested I'll start another thread as "Steeler99's Franchise Sliders" and we'll see if we can get others involved in testing these. This will be my last post in this thread.

Last edited by Steeler99; 09-28-2009 at 06:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »