Home

625-640 IQ sliders

This is a discussion on 625-640 IQ sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
625-640 IQ sliders

Im looking for sliders within this range of skill. Thats my IQ skill level and I need good custom sliders or at least a suggestion on whose I can use. I tried playmakers already and they were too hard for me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 625-640 IQ sliders

you might want to try out playmakers' sliders again. the new patch made them easy.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

thanks for the info but unfortunately I don't got net to get the patch .. So im looking for pre-patch sliders
Old 09-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Looks to me like your IQ has you just about between all-pro and all-madden, which is where most gamers fall. If your like me and find all-pro fun, albeit too easy, and all-madden to have too many cpu cheats, move all sliders to exactly between AP and AM (12.5 on main sliders). Play a few games like that and tweak sub-sliders to correct/adjust the game to your specific skill level from that point.

I've only played one game post-patch but in that one game I noticed very little difference from how the game played pre-patch?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Looks to me like your IQ has you just about between all-pro and all-madden, which is where most gamers fall. If your like me and find all-pro fun, albeit too easy, and all-madden to have too many cpu cheats, move all sliders to exactly between AP and AM (12.5 on main sliders). Play a few games like that and tweak sub-sliders to correct/adjust the game to your specific skill level from that point.

I've only played one game post-patch but in that one game I noticed very little difference from how the game played pre-patch?
c'mon steeler, release a slider set already!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
c'mon steeler, release a slider set already!
I really haven't played much Madden this year so these are NOT very well tested at this point. That said, below is what I was using pre-patch in my test franchise games, and I was getting some pretty solid, fun, and challenging games overall. I started with everything exactly between all-pro and all-madden (12.5 main slider), and tweaked from there as I saw fit.

You'll see I left HUM RUN OFF and CPU RUN DEF at default all-pro for now. I felt the HUM run game was pretty realistic at that level so I left them alone ... not sure if that will still work post-patch? HUM PASS RUSH is an area I have not been happy with, but I'm not sure that can be fixed without some sort of EA fix?

I really didn't plan on posting any sliders since so many are already posted, but if you do try these and have some constructive feedback for me, I'd love to hear it. Anything that helps get me/us closer to more challenging, realistic, and fun settings is always a good thing! Just keep in mind I am still in a fairly early stage of testing because of waiting on the patch ....

HUMAN

PASS OFFENSE 12.5

QB ACC 15
PS BLK 64
WR CTH 35

RUN OFFENSE 10

BRK TKL 50
RN BLK 50
FUM 50

PASS DEFENSE 12.5

RE-TIME 35
INT 15
PS RUSH 64

RUN DEFENSE 16

RE-TIME 10
BL SHED 10
TKL 40

CPU

PASS OFFENSE 13

QB ACC 25
PS BLK 35
WR CTH 35

RUN OFFENSE 7.5

BRK TKL 50
RN BLK 99
FUM 40

PASS DEFENSE 12.5

RE-TIME 50
INT 32
PS RUSH 32

RUN DEFENSE 10

RE-TIME 50
BL SHED 50
TKL 50

SP TEAM

FG POW 44
FG ACC 45
PT POW 44
PT ACC 40
KO POW 43
Old 09-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

cool, i'll try and get in at least a game tonight and let you know.

have you played any games with these post-patch and how were they?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
cool, i'll try and get in at least a game tonight and let you know.

have you played any games with these post-patch and how were they?
I played one game post-patch as the Browns (me) vs Broncos. I lost 29-30 which was a much higher scoring game than I was seeing pre-patch. Three of the Broncos scores came on big plays of 40+ yards ... two runs, one pass. On the two big runs Moreno broke a few too many tackles imo, but I didn't want to make any changes based on one game? The only other real difference I noticed was a lot of dropped passes (especially HUM), but again, that could have just been a one game thing?

Perfect sliders for me would provide for:

1. a difficult run game, although not impossible providing you have a decent O-line and RB. Should be noticeable difference when running with AP versus some average RB, or with Detroit's O-line versus Minnesota's.

2. a challenging, yet realistic pass game that makes you earn completions and hopefully shows a difference between different levels of WRs and especially QBs.

3. challenging enough defense that you feel you have to make the "correct" defensive call most of the time to shut down cpu drives and keep scores low.

I tend to play like a typical ball-control team offensively ... control the clock with a solid run game, while mixing in enough passes to keep a defense honest. On defense I like to play more aggressively like a typical Steeler team which really makes the lack of HUM sacks in this year's game suck! A perfect game for me is more of a low to medium scoring contest with good back and forth battles. On defense I only control one player for the entire play and it's almost always a SS or MLB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »