Home

Can someone please explain to me the value system for the sliders!!!

This is a discussion on Can someone please explain to me the value system for the sliders!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can someone please explain to me the value system for the sliders!!!

I by no means claim to be a great madden player... at all. I'm average at best. Hell, My Skill was 540 when I stopped using it. I play with the Browns and was having NO PROBLEM winning every game, so I upped the ante and maxed out the sliders. All 20's for player skill and all 5's for CPU. So I started a new 'Chise with the most recent roster update and simmed ahead to where I left off. Week six vs the Steelers. So its me, the Browns 1-4 vs the Steelers 5-0. Going into it, I'm thinking theres no way I should win this game with the sliders that I have and playing against the Steelers. By halftime the score was 17-0, me, the Browns. I played the rest of the game awe and amazment as Big Ben threw for 127 11-29 with 3 INT. Willie Parker had 5... one more time, 5 fumbles. I despise this game. No I'm not done playing, now instead of enjoying the game I have to sift through thousands of slider sets to find the right one. F'n wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can someone please explain to me the value system for the sliders!!!

Wouldn't having the CPU skills at 5 make them super easy to beat? Aside from that I think that most of you folks who come on here and claim that you can easily win and show these gaudy stats which fly in the face of 90% of the other people playing the game are full of it.

Last edited by budsticky; 09-26-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thats what I would think, but on several different slider sets, it lists setting the values at 5 for a challenge.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #4
Pro

budsticky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke
Thats what I would think, but on several different slider sets, it lists setting the values at 5 for a challenge.
Well, the first thing I would suggest is to play on All-Pro. If that's too easy play on All-Madden. If All-Madden is still too easy there is no hope for you getting a competitive game out of this really. The point is, if you can't find a slider set start from one of the default levels and adjust from there.

Generally I find that any of these slider sets that claim you should turn all the sliders either up or down to one extreme are bogus.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Generally I find that any of these slider sets that claim you should turn all the sliders either up or down to one extreme are bogus.
I think it depends.

Like for INTs, if I left it at 50 both the CPU and my players controlled by the CPU get too many INTs.

I kept getting stuff like Rivers going 4 for 7 with 3 INTs with the Raiders. I mean they are rated 86 for defense, but 3 picks in 7 throws?

But with INTs at 0, I'm getting 1 or 2 at most in most games for each QB, much more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #6
Pro

budsticky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I think it depends.

Like for INTs, if I left it at 50 both the CPU and my players controlled by the CPU get too many INTs.

I kept getting stuff like Rivers going 4 for 7 with 3 INTs with the Raiders. I mean they are rated 86 for defense, but 3 picks in 7 throws?

But with INTs at 0, I'm getting 1 or 2 at most in most games for each QB, much more realistic.
Right..but I was talking about the folks that say ALL the sliders should be at one extreme. You are right..some sliders need to be taken to one end or the other..but not all of them.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im gonna tell u why u were winning that game. When u r in that situation 1-4 and the cpu is 5-0 you will have an outstanding game. It doesnt matter what team u r playing. The game is programmed this way. The games r scripted. Play a game with n e team. At the end of the game restart it and play again. Do it a few more times and you'll see a pattern. Dont believe me, try it out. Its been this way for 4 yrs now. Just proof that nothing has been done about the gameplay. F*#K EA.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke
I play with the Browns and was having NO PROBLEM winning every game, so I upped the ante and maxed out the sliders. All 20's for player skill and all 5's for CPU.
Well, since you are the one asking for help don't flame me if I tell you something I already know. When you say that player skill is all 20's, are you going to custom sliders and actually clicking on each section to where you can adjust the subcategories for each section? For example Pass offense would have three categories that pop up if you click on it.

If the CPU is set to 5 for each one, you are heavily tilting the skill set in your favor, which is why Big Ben would be soooo inaccurate. Not sure why Parker would fumble so often (5 would decrease their fumble rating).

I use Bill Harris sliders and settings. He is still finalizing his post-patch Playing sliders, but he does have a test set available (his Coaching sliders with a couple minor adjustments for Playing sliders).

Just trying to help out, if you already knew all this, no problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »