Home

Post patch slider discussion

This is a discussion on Post patch slider discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Post patch slider discussion

curious what is everyone noticing. I have only played 2 games and the running game seems easier, mainly the blocking is much better which makes running easier with the old slider settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Post patch slider discussion

to me user pass rush is harder, I use to be able to get 2-3 sacks a game now cant touch qb

thinking of deleting patch(just dont know how to).....any one feel the same regarding pass rush
Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I seem to get sacks still .
Old 09-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

are you getting user sacks or cpu sacks(meaning you getting the sack or someone not being controlled by you ?)
Old 09-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

i wish they didnt mess with the sliders. They worked fine before imo. Running is easier for me now so i had to lower my rushing sliders by 5 and i raised the cpu rush dee by 5.

i have to test it tonight. I love that running and blocking is improved. but it sucks that i have to go thru a test process all over again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 16

I hope is ok that I join this discussion as well.

I been holding off on my sliders until the patch came out and now that it did come out. I have been working non stop on making them balanced.

Things that I noticed improved from pre patch

Human running is easier

Cpu running is better

Human pass rush seems a bit better (non user pressure)

CPU defensive recognition has been toned down which is good since now you can get a step on a corner and curl routes work

I test all my sliders in a dummy franchise file since I also lower the cpu defensive aggression slider in coach settings for all teams.

That is about the only slider I change in coach setting.

I lower it from 50 to 20 for all teams and you do not see constant blitzes by the cpu

so far the sliders are coming along well and I am getting good results but they are not to the point of being content just yet

Good thread Heel
Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
curious what is everyone noticing. I have only played 2 games and the running game seems easier, mainly the blocking is much better which makes running easier with the old slider settings.
I've played three preseason games in a new franchise with the patch and agree with your assessment of the running game. Too me it is the blocking that has made it easier with a much more realistic look and feel IMHO.

Easier running, to me at least, isn't a bad thing. I have been playing with your cpu slider adjustments and haven't changed them at all since moving to the patch. I'm playing a Viking franchise and had trouble running with AP pre-patch. He may get a lot of yards but it was a ton of carries for +1, +2, -1, +3, +56, etc. and a struggle to get him to average 4 yards per carry. Now it's more 3 to 5yd runs with a few no gains or losses and some 7 to 10 yd runs. In three games only a couple of runs so far over 20 yds but yet averaging about 4.5 per carry. Keep in mind though preseason so it's only 3 halves of football so the sample is very small.

After the three games I think I'm very close to having the game play the way I want. I use your adjustments and haven't changed a thing since moving to the patch. I then move my "my skill" setting into the custom sliders so I can tweak the underlying sliders to fine tune my game. I check my Madden IQ after each game to determine if I need to make any adjustments to my custom slider settings. This is working very well for me.

What I'm searching for now is good penalty and sub settings and I will be good to go. Not enough time to play today but tomorrow I'll be trying the penalty and sub settings from the "Zero Custom Franchise" thread. Hopefully they do the trick.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #8
Rookie

Valet's Arena

OVR: 2

I've only played one game post-patch, but it seems like they definitely made user pass rush, at least off of the edges with my DEs, much easier. They also noticeably tweaked the run game. I was able to rush for 150+ yards, and the CPU actually managed to average over 4 yards a carry for once (5.9 to be exact, which is a tad high, but definitely fixable).

We'll see, though. I need to test things out more before I even remotely make an attempt at a set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »