Home

Steeler99's Franchise Sliders

This is a discussion on Steeler99's Franchise Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Steeler99's Franchise Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
It was raining in Jacksonville as Indianapolis came to town for a week four match up, of the 2016 season. On their first drive the Colts drove down the field, threatening to score in the air on the 2. Manning looked to Wayne in the end zone, but the pass was intercepted for a 103 yard touchdown by Pro-Bowl corner back Etienne Griffin. After receiving the ball again, the Colts suffered a 3 and out. Jacksonville tried to make it a 14 point game on their first drive, but their running game faced an insurmountable white wall for nearly the entire game. Jawan Jamison, who rushed for over 2600 in the 2015 season, was stuffed on nearly every play. The Jaguars had to settle for a field goal as the the first quarter clock expired. Both defenses stood strong during the second quarter, but the Manning was able to was able to complete a touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne before the end of the first half to make it a 10-7 game.

Right out of the gate of the second half, Jaguar return man Dravannti Jordan took a 95 yard return to the house to give the Jaguars a two score lead. The third and fourth quarters saw two dominant defenses who would not let either team move the ball effectively. In the last drive the game, the Jaguars spent three minutes to go 65 yards down the field, 50 of those yards on the back of Jamison Jamison, to culminate in a 2 yard rushing touchdown by Jamison and to end the game.

The game's Player of the Game was Jawan Jamison with 98 yards for one touchdown, which speaks volumes to how much of a tight match up this defensive battle.

That was my game with these sliders, and it was very fun. I had an awful time trying to get my running game started, so I had to resort to the air more than I like to. Luckily I didn't get intercepted, but I did get sacked 3 times. I guess I am really going to have to improve my running game if I am going to be effective with these sliders. The final score of the game was Jacksonville-24(93ovrl), Tennessee-7(89ovrl). The game was much closer than the score reflects and I think I will continue to use these sliders, thanks for making them.
Wow Manning and Wayne both still playing in the 2016 season!!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Got in a couple test games this morning and now that I've got some more post-patch games in I'm definitely finding the run game to be much stronger compared with pre-patch so I will likely have to bump that down a bit by lowering the HUM run blk slider. I don't see a lot of broken tackles though, so I will leave brk tkl alone for now.

Passing game was also a bit too strong for me when I played as the Broncos. Just felt like Orton was completing passes too easily? WR catching seems to be just about right so I'm thinking a drop in pass blk might be in order ... I hate to drop QB acc any lower than 15 so I'll leave that alone for now.

One aspect I'm very happy with is my run defense. I get very realistic stops but the cpu is able to run successful on me at times. Even the Bengals and Benson racked up some yards on me!

CPU run game is looking good imo, both the Bengals and 49ers ran very strong against me. CPU pass game on the other hand still seems a bit weak. I'm debating between increasing cpu pass sliders or decreasing HUM pass defense sliders ... this will require a bit of testing to get just right.

I'll come up with some changes and update 1st page later today.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #19
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Got in a couple test games this morning and now that I've got some more post-patch games in I'm definitely finding the run game to be much stronger compared with pre-patch so I will likely have to bump that down a bit by lowering the HUM run blk slider. I don't see a lot of broken tackles though, so I will leave brk tkl alone for now.

Passing game was also a bit too strong for me when I played as the Broncos. Just felt like Orton was completing passes too easily? WR catching seems to be just about right so I'm thinking a drop in pass blk might be in order ... I hate to drop QB acc any lower than 15 so I'll leave that alone for now.

One aspect I'm very happy with is my run defense. I get very realistic stops but the cpu is able to run successful on me at times. Even the Bengals and Benson racked up some yards on me!

CPU run game is looking good imo, both the Bengals and 49ers ran very strong against me. CPU pass game on the other hand still seems a bit weak. I'm debating between increasing cpu pass sliders or decreasing HUM pass defense sliders ... this will require a bit of testing to get just right.

I'll come up with some changes and update 1st page later today.
i haven't tried your latest sliders yet, steeler, but the concerns you mention in this post were the same i had about your last set, as you know. i hope you could get something up by tonight.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

by lowering the slider do you mean actually raising the slider to make it harder? I have played 2 games using your sliders and have really enjoyed them.I play as the dolphins and in the first game against the falcons i found the running game was really easy....brown had 26 carries for 122 yrds.passing game was good and the computer(falcons) had one big rush for 69 yds and than a huge 72 yard pass play...nothing too drastic.
In my second game against the colts there was only one defensive touchdown an interception for a td...the final score was miami 7 colts 0.once again pretty relalistic my defense pressured manning all day he had decent numbers just could not get into the endzone...So i really like your sliders but think a few things could use a little adjusting and after weeks of frustration trying to find a good base i thank you.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
i haven't tried your latest sliders yet, steeler, but the concerns you mention in this post were the same i had about your last set, as you know. i hope you could get something up by tonight.
I actually made some changes to the first page sliders (guess I should have mentioned that)!

Changes I made:

1. lowered all HUM run game sliders ... now at 12.5 difficulty (might be too drastic of a change, but wanted to experiment).

2. raised CPU pass blk and WR catch to help CPU pass offense

3. strengthened CPU pass defense to make HUM pass game harder

Let me know how these changes work if you get some games in. I won't be playing again until later tonight or early tomorrow.

Thanks again for any feedback!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

In order for these to work, they are to be entered in Franchise Mode only? I am entering them via the Main Menu, but for Player Skill (and CPU Skill for that matter) do not see ".5" as an option, only whole numbers.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytb
by lowering the slider do you mean actually raising the slider to make it harder? I have played 2 games using your sliders and have really enjoyed them.I play as the dolphins and in the first game against the falcons i found the running game was really easy....brown had 26 carries for 122 yrds.passing game was good and the computer(falcons) had one big rush for 69 yds and than a huge 72 yard pass play...nothing too drastic.
In my second game against the colts there was only one defensive touchdown an interception for a td...the final score was miami 7 colts 0.once again pretty relalistic my defense pressured manning all day he had decent numbers just could not get into the endzone...So i really like your sliders but think a few things could use a little adjusting and after weeks of frustration trying to find a good base i thank you.
All adjustments I make are done to the sub-sliders, so when I say "lower" it is making that aspect more difficult. I recently updated several sliders after some test games this morning. All changes are updated on page 1 ... try them out and see what you think.

I'm especially curious to see how the new sliders for the HUM run game work. I dropped those sliders quite a bit because I was finding running too easy in my recent games while using average teams.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yankee Faithful
In order for these to work, they are to be entered in Franchise Mode only? I am entering them via the Main Menu, but for Player Skill (and CPU Skill for that matter) do not see ".5" as an option, only whole numbers.

What am I doing wrong?
Make all adjustments to the sub-sliders and that will equal the "main slider" rating I have listed in post #1 (12.5, 10, 16, etc, etc). In other words click on each main slider to open sub-sliders and adjust those values to the numbers I have listed.

Hope that helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »