Home

Steeler99's Franchise Sliders

This is a discussion on Steeler99's Franchise Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #33
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Steeler99's Franchise Sliders

With your special teams sliders are you seeing the cpu getting an average of about 43 or so a punt? It just seems that punt power is a bit low.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Steeler, what are you using for your auto subs and fatigue?
Still at default ... haven't messed with them at all. Not saying that's where I think they should be, just haven't had time to play around with those settings. To be honest though, I think I'm seeing a reasonable amount of subs coming in?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
With your special teams sliders are you seeing the cpu getting an average of about 43 or so a punt? It just seems that punt power is a bit low.
I'm seeing anywhere from 40-49 on average. I hate to raise it much because then my HUM controlled team will easily be able to kick it 50+ yards? Really stinks they didn't give us separate special team sliders for HUM and CPU!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

It was Battle Red Day in Houston as Mike Tomlin and his Jaguars came to Reliant Stadium. To combat the Texan's Red the Jags wore all white. The Jaguars won the toss and differed to the second half. On the first drive of the game, the Texans went three and out and were forced to punt. PR Jordan gave the Jaguars great field position. The Jaguars tried running Pro Bowl RB Jawan Jamison 2 times, but he was stuffed at the line of scrimmage. A 10 yard pass to TE Alexander set the Jaguars up for an early 7 point lead. Kneeling the ball in the end zone and a quick face mask penalty on FS Young gave the Texans great field position at the 42. The Texans relied on their Quarterback's strong arm to move the ball 30 yards down field, but were ultimately stopped at the 35. Trying to get on the board the Kicker kicked the ball wide left giving the Jaguars more good field position. The Jaguars took the ball down to the Texan's 33 in a position to score as the first quarter ended.

The Jaguars had early success rushing and passing, but were eventually stopped and forced to kick a field goal. After getting the ball for the third time, Texan RB Slaton broke a huge 40 yard run. Fallowing the big play by Slaton, Andre Johnson caught two 20 yard passes, the second of which was in the endzone putting the Texans on the board. The Jaguars fought back after the successful Texan drive, going 80 yards down the field to set up a 5 yard rushing touchdown by Jawan Jamison. With 23 second left in the half, the Texans called one quick run play to let the clock expire. The score was 17-7 Jags going into half time.

The Jaguars were quick out of the gate in the second half completing two short passes to WR Black and FB Jones, which each went for 20+ yards. This put the Jags inside the 10, threatening again. A nine yard rush by Jamison extended the lead to 24-7. The Texans got the ball on their 28 after a kick return and an 11 yard pass to Andre Johnson, but threw a pick-6 on the next play giving the Jaguars what seemed to be an insurmountable lead of 31-7. Trying not to let the pick-6 phase them, the Texans went 79 yards in 9 plays and finished the drive with a 17 yard touchdown pass to Andre Johnson. The Texans then converted a 2 point conversion to bring the score to 31-15. The Jags received ball in the kick off, but quickly turned the ball over in QB Jefferson's first and only pick of the game. Though the Texans had good field position on the 37, the Jaguars stuffed their first two rushing attempts and sacked the QB forcing yet another 3 and out. The Texans punted the ball through the back of the endzone to start the 4th quarter.

Fearing the running game, the Texans sent everything but the kitchen sink at the Jaguars RB Jawan Jamison, which played right into the Jaguars play action pass. TE Alexander was able to make a 45 yard completion, with only one man to beat for a touchdown, but was taken down. A 10 yard touchdown pass to TE Stewart put the Jaguars on the board yet again. The Texans received the ball again and after what looked to be a successful drive, the Texans got stopped at the Jaguars 44 and punted the ball. Starting at the 15, QB Jefferson completed a 6 yard pass to Jamison. On the next play, Jamison dodged defenders behind the line of scrimmage and at the Texans 15 yard line to complete a 77 yard rushing touchdown. The Texans went three and out for the last last time of the game after a 1st down sack and heavy pressure from the D-line on 2nd and 3rd downs. The Jaguars completed one short run then got in the Victory formation to end the game. The player of the game was Jawan Jamison with 3 TDs and 162 yards.

Jaguars 45 (93ovrl) to Texans 15 (88vrl)

Ok so this was yet another fun game. The only problem I saw, which I don't know if it has anything to do with the sliders but it has never happened before, is that they run blitzed on nearly every down. This got very annoying.

This game was close for a most of the time, but I eventually just beat them down.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
It was Battle Red Day in Houston as Mike Tomlin and his Jaguars came to Reliant Stadium. To combat the Texan's Red the Jags wore all white. The Jaguars won the toss and differed to the second half. On the first drive of the game, the Texans went three and out and were forced to punt. PR Jordan gave the Jaguars great field position. The Jaguars tried running Pro Bowl RB Jawan Jamison 2 times, but he was stuffed at the line of scrimmage. A 10 yard pass to TE Alexander set the Jaguars up for an early 7 point lead. Kneeling the ball in the end zone and a quick face mask penalty on FS Young gave the Texans great field position at the 42. The Texans relied on their Quarterback's strong arm to move the ball 30 yards down field, but were ultimately stopped at the 35. Trying to get on the board the Kicker kicked the ball wide left giving the Jaguars more good field position. The Jaguars took the ball down to the Texan's 33 in a position to score as the first quarter ended.

The Jaguars had early success rushing and passing, but were eventually stopped and forced to kick a field goal. After getting the ball for the third time, Texan RB Slaton broke a huge 40 yard run. Fallowing the big play by Slaton, Andre Johnson caught two 20 yard passes, the second of which was in the endzone putting the Texans on the board. The Jaguars fought back after the successful Texan drive, going 80 yards down the field to set up a 5 yard rushing touchdown by Jawan Jamison. With 23 second left in the half, the Texans called one quick run play to let the clock expire. The score was 17-7 Jags going into half time.

The Jaguars were quick out of the gate in the second half completing two short passes to WR Black and FB Jones, which each went for 20+ yards. This put the Jags inside the 10, threatening again. A nine yard rush by Jamison extended the lead to 24-7. The Texans got the ball on their 28 after a kick return and an 11 yard pass to Andre Johnson, but threw a pick-6 on the next play giving the Jaguars what seemed to be an insurmountable lead of 31-7. Trying not to let the pick-6 phase them, the Texans went 79 yards in 9 plays and finished the drive with a 17 yard touchdown pass to Andre Johnson. The Texans then converted a 2 point conversion to bring the score to 31-15. The Jags received ball in the kick off, but quickly turned the ball over in QB Jefferson's first and only pick of the game. Though the Texans had good field position on the 37, the Jaguars stuffed their first two rushing attempts and sacked the QB forcing yet another 3 and out. The Texans punted the ball through the back of the endzone to start the 4th quarter.

Fearing the running game, the Texans sent everything but the kitchen sink at the Jaguars RB Jawan Jamison, which played right into the Jaguars play action pass. TE Alexander was able to make a 45 yard completion, with only one man to beat for a touchdown, but was taken down. A 10 yard touchdown pass to TE Stewart put the Jaguars on the board yet again. The Texans received the ball again and after what looked to be a successful drive, the Texans got stopped at the Jaguars 44 and punted the ball. Starting at the 15, QB Jefferson completed a 6 yard pass to Jamison. On the next play, Jamison dodged defenders behind the line of scrimmage and at the Texans 15 yard line to complete a 77 yard rushing touchdown. The Texans went three and out for the last last time of the game after a 1st down sack and heavy pressure from the D-line on 2nd and 3rd downs. The Jaguars completed one short run then got in the Victory formation to end the game. The player of the game was Jawan Jamison with 3 TDs and 162 yards.

Jaguars 45 (93ovrl) to Texans 15 (88vrl)

Ok so this was yet another fun game. The only problem I saw, which I don't know if it has anything to do with the sliders but it has never happened before, is that they run blitzed on nearly every down. This got very annoying.

This game was close for a most of the time, but I eventually just beat them down.
First off, was this game played using the current updates on page one?

As far as the constant run blitzing, there is nothing we can do about that with the traditional sliders. What some of the others have been doing is controlling all 32 teams in franchise mode so that they can adjust the coach scheme sliders which does seem to help. They typically lower each team's "aggressiveness" slider which alters the defensive play-calling. I have done that same thing in previous years, but haven't tries it with M10.

I was hoping it would be a bit more difficult for you to score with the new updates, but it does sound like you have a pretty loaded team with your "futuristic" Jags! Any other feedback as far as run or pass difficulty from the HUM or CPU side?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #38
Rookie

Yes I used your current updates. It was a fun game, but I simply out class the Texans. I'll let you know how my game ends up tomorrow, I may sim to a hard game as I do have a stacked team thanks to good drafting.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
Yes I used your current updates. It was a fun game, but I simply out class the Texans. I'll let you know how my game ends up tomorrow, I may sim to a hard game as I do have a stacked team thanks to good drafting.
That's exactly what I was going to ask. If you get a chance, play against a team that is your equal, or better.

I started a 32 team test franchise this morning and I plan to play 1-2 games out of each week. I'll mix it up so games include equal opponents, weak (me) against strong, and strong (me) against weak. Hopefully there will be a noticeable difference between those games to reflect team/player abilities. I want it to feel more difficult to win with lower rated teams, and obviously easier with higher rated teams.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #40
Rookie

I guess I should say that I have built a real power house of a team, I play madden to have fun, so I play it the way I want to. I was starting to get bored with All-Pro, but these sliders have brought back realistic competition even in easy games and I definitely willing to help you improve them if there is any improvement necessary. I'll play a strong team tomorrow and see how it works out, but I'll check for updates first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »