Home

DanSF49 - TEAM SLIDERS (Post Patch)

This is a discussion on DanSF49 - TEAM SLIDERS (Post Patch) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
DanSF49 - TEAM SLIDERS (Post Patch)

I have throughly tested these in Franchise mode since the Patch and I believe they provide the most realistic Madden/NFL experience you will find.

If you don't know how this works its simple. As an example your playing Steelers (Human) vs Ravens (CPU) all you have to do is put in all the sliders under Player Skill for the Steelers that are listed on the spreadsheet. Then put in all the sliders under CPU Skill for the Ravens that are listed on the spreadsheet.

I will be releasing a newly updated set for each week of the NFL season based on NFL team stats. This post has a slider set for each of the first 3 Weeks of the regular season so far, I will be adding each weeks new set every tuesday or wednesday.

The sliders are in the attached spreadsheet. There are 2 worksheets, the first is for the actual team sliders. On the second tab of the spreadsheet you will find the actual slider scale that I am using for each slider and what catergories I used for each slider to come up with the ranking for each team.

Here are the settings I use.

- I play NO Switch on Defense. I pick 1 player pre snap and use him the entire play.

- The only time I will switch off is on an Interception or Fumble recovery that the CPU is running back for a TD, then I will switch to chase them down.

- I never use Sprint/Turbo when I am returning an INT or Fumble.

- I use Ask Madden on both offense and defense but I allow myself to choose any of the 6 plays.

Game Speed: Normal
Threshold: 50

15 min quarters
Accelerated Clock
25 second run off.

Penalties all MAX except
Holding - 50
Facemask - 50
Clipping - 60

Special Team Sliders
FG Power - 60
FG Acc - 50
Punt Power - 55
Punt Acc - 80
KO Power - 45
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden Team Sliders (Week 1).zip (5.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: zip Madden Team Sliders (Week 2).zip (5.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: zip Madden Team Sliders (Week 3).zip (5.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: zip Madden Team Sliders (Week 4).zip (5.9 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by DanSF49; 10-08-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Added Week 4 Sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: DanSF49 - TEAM SLIDERS (Post Patch)

I like the idea, but I don't know if these would work that great in franchise mode. If you're a player who likes to trade a lot to build your team or even if you're in year 4 of your franchise everything is a lot different..players are different than there real life counterparts, different coaches, schemes, etc.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

these are all on the same scale right?

is it the 50 scale or 100 (or whatever the original was)?

thanks again!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks Dan! I will be using these exacty as posted. I believe you are right as these settings are the best representation of how each team plays and their stenghts and weakness.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Dan another question. What skill level are you playing these sliders. I played as Cowboys vs Saints and both teams had over 800 yds! thnx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcghs
these are all on the same scale right?

is it the 50 scale or 100 (or whatever the original was)?

thanks again!
Yes they are all on the new scale I redid all 3 weeks.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkoway
Dan another question. What skill level are you playing these sliders. I played as Cowboys vs Saints and both teams had over 800 yds! thnx
Well I started from All-Pro but I dont think it matters since once you start moving the sliders it switches to Custom.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
Rookie

thesublime's Arena

OVR: 4

I've went with this new set in my Rams franchise. The only moves I've made is drafting an 81 overall QB and an 82 overall SS, as well as packaging Burton and a 2nd and 4th rounder for CB Vontae Davis from the Dolphins. I also signed Chris Gocong and Cameron Wake (who I moved to DE).

So, while the team is still pretty consistent with the current Rams, I did adjust the sliders a bit. I've also been bumping the CPU skill up by 4-7 points. I feel I'm getting too comfortable with these sliders. I've also been upping my skill a bit if I've performed awful in the previous weeks in any one facet of the game. I've really taken into consideration the team I'm playing as well.

In my game against Oakland, I bumped up their Pass Def skills and lowered my QB Acc. I've felt by doing that, I can really play to the matchups. Of course, this base slider set is fantastic as usual. I'm 3-4 in my franchise right now.

My rookie QB's TD-INT ration is 10-7, QB rating is in the low 80's and I'm averaging about 190 yards per game (about right for a rook QB 7 games in.) Stephen Jackson is averaging about 110 yards on the ground with 8 TDs. I've really spread the ball around...leading catcher is Robinson with 29 passes. I play only SS on defense and have 31 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and 3 INTs. I have NEVER, even with your previous slider sets, gotten such realistic stats.

I've lost to the Cards (twice), 49ers, and Giants. I've beaten the Raiders, Seahawks and Bears. Gore and jacobs both ran for 100+ and Fitzgerald has about 300 recieving in the two games on Bartell. I've yet to score over 34 points and am averaging about 23 ppg. Pretty good stuff. I'd definately reccomend this slider set over any I've ever tried. Thanks again man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »