Home

What does the threshold slider do?

This is a discussion on What does the threshold slider do? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What does the threshold slider do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
You cant blame that on the speed threshold. You have things like pass block, pass rushing and reaction time to consider.
Well, when I had the threshold on 75, there was major rush on both sides.

When I put it at 50, there was much less pass rush on both sides.

Same sliders, same teams, same fatigue, etc.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Megatron thanks for the great test results, I have herd that fast speed setting is the most realistic for speed times, but not good for player animations!!!

You're welcome, and yeah, you're right, the player speeds are much closer to actual real life speed on fast..... but the game doesn't play well on that setting and there are many more animation problems IMO. I play on slow with 50 Threshold. The Threshold doesn't matter what speed u play on... all the players either play faster or slower collectively on whichever speed you choose.

KBLover..... I had the same problem with the pass rush when i first went back to 50 threshold. The D-Linemen are generally faster than the O-Linemen, and if you were on a low setting for threshold, they lost their extra advantage in speed when u switched it to 50. With your setting at 75, your making your slow DT's and DE's play faster than they really are and LB with good speed are now playing with speed that feels more like a Safety or even some CB's. Yes the O-Line gets the same boost....but not enough to handle the LB's especially.

Try changing up some of your pass rush settings or cpu pass block settings and see if it helps. In most my games I play I send Aaron Kampman almost every play, and I can really see the difference in his success pass rushing compared to the rest of my guys. So at least in that essence alone, I'm seeing player ratings mattering a lot.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Well, when I had the threshold on 75, there was major rush on both sides.

When I put it at 50, there was much less pass rush on both sides.

Same sliders, same teams, same fatigue, etc.
Try version 2 of Vaibhavp3 sliders. The only thing I changed is speed threshold which is 50 for me!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Try version 2 of Vaibhavp3 sliders. The only thing I changed is speed threshold which is 50 for me!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

Very interesting sliders!

I'll have to give them a shot.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Here is more proof straight from Ian's blogs a while back when the speed threshold idea was first shown to us....

Look at how silly the 40 times are at the low threshold settings on their early explanation of using it for rookie and pro difficulties....... really unrealistic.

here's a link in case i cant get the pic up......

http://www.zshare.net/image/670274654b74805d/

Its obvious that the Default 50 setting is what is being shown here at the bottom and is very similar to the numbers I've gotten in my own testing at 50 threshold.

It's too bad they didn't make a chart like this for the high threshold settings. I'd be willing to bet from what I've seen that at 75 threhold and above, you probably won't have any players running 40 yds in over 5 sec........ again very unrealistic.

Keep the Threshold at 50 guys........ keep it at 50.

Last edited by Megatron2k7; 10-16-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
Here is more proof straight from Ian's blogs a while back when the speed threshold idea was first shown to us....

Look at how silly the 40 times are at the low threshold settings on their early explanation of using it for rookie and pro difficulties....... really unrealistic.

Its obvious that the Default 50 setting is what is being shown here at the bottom and is very similar to the numbers I've gotten in my own testing at 50 threshold.

It's too bad they didn't make a chart like this for the high threshold settings. I'd be willing to bet from what I've seen that at 75 threhold and above, you probably won't have any players running 40 yds in over 5 sec........ again very unrealistic.

Keep the Threshold at 50 guys........ keep it at 50.
Bill also did extensive testing on this and came to the conclusion that between 50-60 is the most accurate to "real" speed. I personally have found 55 to be the perfect feel for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »